Welcome to our forums! Please take a few moments to read through our Community Guidelines (also conveniently linked in the header at the top of each page). There, you'll find guidelines on conduct, tips on getting the help you may be searching for, and more!

Stream DVBs/s2 channels to plex via PCI-DVBs/s2 card

x-techsolucoesx-techsolucoes Members Posts: 47 ✭✭
new project
Hi guys

first things first

i have setup plex media server in a linux ubuntu x64machine

i am planning to install on the same machine or maybe a new separate linux machine for the following matter

i want to broadcast the DVBs/s2 stream over IP using plex .

i have bought a DVB-S/S2 card which support linux and works well with all latest linux kernell from 2.3.xx up to 3.5 version.

my question now is can i stream 1 TP at the same time? for instance i know the dvb card can pickup a full Transponder lets say 15 video channels 15 audio channels

how can u mux them in to plex and create a separate Channel Plugin for each individual channel?

Am i going a litle bit crazy over here or is this possible?

i have teste with a linux stb the Tuxbox and it works ok i can see the channel list and browse channel, but unfortunately i cannot connect more then 1 client on the same set top box, if i zap channel in 1 client the other client will lose its conection.

So my ideia was to filter stream from 1 Transponder per DVB card and send it to plex individually each channel. maybe by creating 1 channel plugin for each channel??

well still have to figure it out boys, so any help will or comments will be appreciated.

PS- How does mythtv works with plex? would i be able to use mythtv for my project mentioned ?

thxs
tester10

Comments

• shadabadshadabad Members Posts: 5 ✭✭

almost 5 years ago, but did you get it to work ?

• bolagnaisebolagnaise Members, Plex Pass Posts: 106 Plex Pass

TVheadend + plugin should be able to do this