If you have not already, we suggest setting your Plex username to something else rather than email which is displayed on your posts in forum. You can change the username at https://app.plex.tv/desktop#!/account
Welcome to our forums! Please take a few moments to read through our Community Guidelines (also conveniently linked in the header at the top of each page). There, you'll find guidelines on conduct, tips on getting the help you may be searching for, and more!

Web client - 'Unwatched' filter broken?

SoulSoul Posts: 274Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass
If I chose the 'Unwatched' filter in my TV section in the web client, I'd expect it only to show shows that have unwatched episodes.

This doesn't seem to be the case.... the section refreshes but looks exactly the same as before.

Comments

• ericmatthysericmatthys Plex Employee Posts: 3,222Members, Plex Employee, Plex Pass, Plex Ninja Plex Employee
    This should be fixed in the next update. The web client is basically saying to filter shows by their watched count, which doesn't really make sense. You will be able to switch to show episodes and then filter by unwatched count, which is what you are looking for.
  • SoulSoul Posts: 274Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass
    Ok good to hear it's going to get sorted :)
  • udo.christudo.christ Posts: 391Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass
    Hi
    This Problem still seems to be present in the current web-app release.

although lots of my show do not contain any unwatched episodes they are still shown in the GUI when i filter for unwatched.

Should this be fixed by know or is this a known defect?

cheers
    udo
  • ericmatthysericmatthys Plex Employee Posts: 3,222Members, Plex Employee, Plex Pass, Plex Ninja Plex Employee
    udo wrote:

Hi
    This Problem still seems to be present in the current web-app release.

although lots of my show do not contain any unwatched episodes they are still shown in the GUI when i filter for unwatched.

Should this be fixed by know or is this a known defect?

cheers
    udo

This will be fixed in the next media server release. The unwatched filter will only show for the episodes type.
  • bucketachickenbucketachicken Posts: 73Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass
    edited October 2012

This will be fixed in the next media server release. The unwatched filter will only show for the episodes type.

Thanks for working on this, this particular bug has been frustrating for me!

I'm a little confused what you're saying the fix will be, though. For me, when I click on TV Shows in the Web Client, then click the "unwatched" filter, I would expect to still show shows by title, but only the ones with episodes currently unwatched (I know it already knows which ones are like this, as they have a little orange circle with a number in the corner), i.e. the ones that in the current release have an orange number circle. Basically, I would expect it to show the list of shows, just like going to TV Shows > Unwatched does in the current PMC.

If the unwatched filter only shows for the episode type (which I believe is what you're saying), that could get really overwhelming. One show alone marked as fully unwatched could be tens or hundreds of episodes, making viewing the list unmanageable. That's why I would hope the filter will still be available for Show type as well, just with the expected behavior (only showing posters for shows that have unwatched episodes), as otherwise I don't think it's useable for a large collection.

But I may be not following, I'm not entirely sure. :unsure:

Plex Media Server: Early 2009 Mac Mini 3,1 - 2.0GHz Core 2 Duo P7350 - 8GB DDR3 1066MHz RAM
    NAS for Media: Synology DS410, 4x3TB Hitachi Deskstar 5400 RPM drives
    Main Plex Media Client: Same as PMS, running OpenPHT/Aeon Nox
    Gear: Yamaha RX-V667, Samsung UN55EH6000, Klipsch KF-26 & KC-25, Harmony 900

Thanks for working on this, this particular bug has been frustrating for me!

I'm a little confused what you're saying the fix will be, though. For me, when I click on TV Shows in the Web Client, then click the "unwatched" filter, I would expect to still show shows by title, but only the ones with episodes currently unwatched (I know it already knows which ones are like this, as they have a little orange circle with a number in the corner), i.e. the ones that in the current release have an orange number circle. Basically, I would expect it to show the list of shows, just like going to TV Shows > Unwatched does in the current PMC.

If the unwatched filter only shows for the episode type (which I believe is what you're saying), that could get really overwhelming. One show alone marked as fully unwatched could be tens or hundreds of episodes, making viewing the list unmanageable. That's why I would hope the filter will still be available for Show type as well, just with the expected behavior (only showing posters for shows that have unwatched episodes), as otherwise I don't think it's useable for a large collection.

But I may be not following, I'm not entirely sure. :unsure:

I understand the use case for just wanting to see shows with unwatched episodes. Only showing the Unwatched filter for episodes is more of a quick, short-term solution. Currently, the unwatched filter for shows just doesn't work, so I would rather it now show up at all until we can get something for it working.
  • bucketachickenbucketachicken Posts: 73Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass
    OK, good to know, just making sure it wasn't going away forever!

Plex Media Server: Early 2009 Mac Mini 3,1 - 2.0GHz Core 2 Duo P7350 - 8GB DDR3 1066MHz RAM
    NAS for Media: Synology DS410, 4x3TB Hitachi Deskstar 5400 RPM drives
    Main Plex Media Client: Same as PMS, running OpenPHT/Aeon Nox
    Gear: Yamaha RX-V667, Samsung UN55EH6000, Klipsch KF-26 & KC-25, Harmony 900

• udo.christudo.christ Posts: 391Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

I understand the use case for just wanting to see shows with unwatched episodes. Only showing the Unwatched filter for episodes is more of a quick, short-term solution. Currently, the unwatched filter for shows just doesn't work, so I would rather it now show up at all until we can get something for it working.

to me that sounds more like a work-around instead of a short-term solution.

what i as a user would be looking for actually is "Unwatched Shows" (i.e showing the TV-Shows with unwatched episodes) like it's the case with all other plex clients.
    When selecting such an unwatched show it should then show unwatched seasons and the episodes per default als the unwatched filter is selected from before

i for one do specifically not want to switch between shows / episodes view to filter for unwatched/watched, so please make this a very.short.term-solution.

cheers
    Udo
    udo wrote:

to me that sounds more like a work-around instead of a short-term solution.

what i as a user would be looking for actually is "Unwatched Shows" (i.e showing the TV-Shows with unwatched episodes) like it's the case with all other plex clients.
    When selecting such an unwatched show it should then show unwatched seasons and the episodes per default als the unwatched filter is selected from before

i for one do specifically not want to switch between shows / episodes view to filter for unwatched/watched, so please make this a very.short.term-solution.

cheers
    Udo

I definitely know where you're coming from. I'll make sure it's noted for the media server so hopefully it gets in by the next update.