If you have not already, we suggest setting your Plex username to something else rather than email which is displayed on your posts in forum. You can change the username at https://app.plex.tv/desktop#!/account
Welcome to our forums! Please take a few moments to read through our Community Guidelines (also conveniently linked in the header at the top of each page). There, you'll find guidelines on conduct, tips on getting the help you may be searching for, and more!

Web Client causes PMS to crash

spanishuspanishu Posts: 171Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass
Hi,

I am experiencing troubles with the Webclient. Whilst at first it looked great and I was super happy with the feature. Now whenever I am accessing to the web client the PMS crashes almost always. This happens whilst accessing both internally (192. network) as well as when accessing from the outside.

Running PMS 0.9.6.9 on MAC OS-X 10.7 4GB RAM

Thanks

Comments

• FrederikFKFrederikFK Posts: 571Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass
    edited September 2012
    I am seeing this too (all the time, sadly...) :(

Here is the crash report.

(formerly known as hafnium and MTII)

• TrudgeTrudge Gone off to greener pastures.... Posts: 9,360Members ✭✭✭

Hi,

I am experiencing troubles with the Webclient. Whilst at first it looked great and I was super happy with the feature. Now whenever I am accessing to the web client the PMS crashes almost always. This happens whilst accessing both internally (192. network) as well as when accessing from the outside.

Running PMS 0.9.6.9 on MAC OS-X 10.7 4GB RAM

Thanks

HI,

After is next crashes, and before you restart it, can you upload the plex media server.log file -> http://wiki.plexapp.com/index.php/PlexNine_Tips_and_Tricks#Plex_Log_Files
    Primary PMS: Ubuntu 13.10, i7-4771, 16GB Ram, Samsung 840 Pro 512GB
    Media Storage: 2 x ReadyNas Pro Business 18TB mounted by NFS to Plex Server
    Desktop Clients: 1 x Windows 7 27", 1 x 15.4 Retina MBP, 2 x17" MBP, 1 x 13" MB, 1 x13" MBA
    Mobile Clients: 2 x iPhone 5s, 3 x iPhone 5, 3 x iPhone 4s, 3 x iPhone 4, 2 x iPad 3, 2 x iPad 2
    Airplay & PlexConnect Targets: 4 x ATV3
  • schuylerschuyler Plex Dev Team Posts: 3,786Members, Plex Employee, Plex Pass, Plex Ninja Plex Employee
    Sorry guys, I think that crash report slipped through the cracks for a few days, but we're looking into it.

MTII, can you upload a Plex Media Server.log from right after a crash? It should tell us what sort of info it was trying to build when the crash occurred.
  • FrederikFKFrederikFK Posts: 571Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass
    schuyler wrote:

Sorry guys, I think that crash report slipped through the cracks for a few days, but we're looking into it.

MTII, can you upload a Plex Media Server.log from right after a crash? It should tell us what sort of info it was trying to build when the crash occurred.

No problem. I won't be able to reproduce until tomorrow (16 hours to go).

(formerly known as hafnium and MTII)

• schuylerschuyler Plex Dev Team Posts: 3,786Members, Plex Employee, Plex Pass, Plex Ninja Plex Employee
    Ok, I was able to figure it out, no logs necessary. Like I mentioned in the other thread, there's no way for us to fix it in the web client, so it'll be fixed in the next PMS update. Thanks again for the report, sorry about the crash.