If you have not already, we suggest setting your Plex username to something else rather than email which is displayed on your posts in forum. You can change the username at https://app.plex.tv/desktop#!/account
Welcome to our forums! Please take a few moments to read through our Community Guidelines (also conveniently linked in the header at the top of each page). There, you'll find guidelines on conduct, tips on getting the help you may be searching for, and more!

Request: Filter by Audio Channels

trevor.corteztrevor.cortez Posts: 42Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass
Now that we have 'filter-by-resolution' (thanks!), it seems only natural to be able to also filter (and potentially sort) by audio channel count mono, stereo, 5.1 and 7.1.

Comments

• shawngirshawngir Posts: 11Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass
    I am searching the forums as speak for such filter. It would be great filter to have to complete the available filter options.
  • RobertSmithRobertSmith Posts: 420Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass
    edited April 2013

+1

If possible pls start with a simple DTS filter :)

Mac mini (2.3 GHz Quad-Core Intel Core i7) with Plex Media Server and Plex/Home Theater   Synology DS1512+ with SABnzbd  Sick Beard  CouchPotato

Receiver Marantz SR7007   3D Projector SONY HW55ES   Fixed Frame Screen ReAct 2.1   Speakers DLS of Sweden & Velodyne Ultra (white)

aTV2 with aTV Flash  iPhone 5  iPad mini with Plex/iOS  MacBook Pro  MacBook Air with Plex/Web

• OneNonlyNovaOneNonlyNova Posts: 1Members

any news on that one?

• robot2xlrobot2xl Posts: 539Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

No news. :(

robot2xl

• ramiCZramiCZ Posts: 2Members

Kodi can filter audio ;) Its kinda sad that plex cant. Anyway I would like to use that filter in plex as well.

• Michael NottMichael Nott Posts: 1Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

+1 for filter by audio

• sinblasinbla Posts: 2Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

+1 for filter by audio channel number

Just wanted to post this feature request when I found that others have asked for it already years ago! Come on people - the Plex Server already reads this data from every single file (at least it always shows as "DTS" or "5.1"... on the Apple TV App). Besides this - a great app/service! Keep up the great work!

• denzodenzo Posts: 6Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

+1 pretty please?

• Rappy83Rappy83 Posts: 1Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

+1 for filter by audio

• CessquillCessquill Posts: 20Members, Plex Pass, TunerTester Plex Pass

+1 - Trying to test audio settings on a new receiver and I've got no quick way of finding titles with specific sound formats.

• digitalkid56digitalkid56 Posts: 6Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass
    edited January 6

+1 in 2017 for audio filter! Trying to create a collection for 7.1 content..

• cr4zyg047cr4zyg047 Posts: 4Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

I have been manually curating my content into a separate 'theater' library for the last few months because there's no good way to retroactively make a 'quality' filter (apart from adding them to a collection manually).

Please! Seems like such simple thing. The metadata is already there.

• farfaplexfarfaplex Posts: 4Members ✭✭

+1 for audio filter !!!!

• testerxyztesterxyz Posts: 3Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

Another vote for this feature.

• BarbiduleBarbidule Posts: 5Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

+1 for audio/subtitles filter !

• palanjampalanjam Posts: 10Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

How has this never been implemented? Ridiculous how long it takes them to do simple things.

• Cheema77Cheema77 Posts: 3Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

+1 vote for audio filter

• wilson1098wilson1098 Posts: 14Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

+1 vote for audio filter