If you have not already, we suggest setting your Plex username to something else rather than email which is displayed on your posts in forum. You can change the username at https://app.plex.tv/desktop#!/account
Welcome to our forums! Please take a few moments to read through our Community Guidelines (also conveniently linked in the header at the top of each page). There, you'll find guidelines on conduct, tips on getting the help you may be searching for, and more!

PlexPass and Chromebook question

jamiewardjamieward Posts: 14Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass
Hello all. I've been using Plex on my local LAN for quite some time now and loving it. I have two Plex servers running, both on Windows machines. I am thinking about purchasing a Chromebook. I'm wondering if I also purchase PlexPass (for the web client playback), will the Chromebook be able to connect to my local servers via my local WIFI and LAN? What I mean is do my Plex servers serve the movie directly to my Chromebook via my local LAN, or do the servers stream the movies to the internet, then the Chromebook streams them from the internet?

I'm hoping that the Chromebook will stream the movies directly from my local LAN and servers instead of wasting bandwidth streaming up, then back down.

Thanks for the clarification.