Welcome to our forums! Please take a few moments to read through our Community Guidelines (also conveniently linked in the header at the top of each page). There, you'll find guidelines on conduct, tips on getting the help you may be searching for, and more!

Translations

ericmatthysericmatthys Plex EmployeeMembers, Plex Employee, Plex Pass, Plex Ninja Posts: 3,185 Plex Employee
edited June 2016 in Plex Web App
We've migrated our translations to Transifex. Click the "Help Translate Plex Web" button and you can sign up for a free account with them. To pitch in, head over to the project at https://www.transifex.com/plex-1/plex-web.

Comments

• pdreissenpdreissen Members, Plex Pass Posts: 12 Plex Pass
    Count me in for Dutch!
  • rost1nrost1n Members Posts: 29
    I will help with some swedish! :)
  • OgamoOgamo Members, Plex Pass Posts: 31 Plex Pass
    I Will help with Spanish
  • hollaplexhollaplex Members Posts: 64 ✭✭
    edited November 2012
    Yes, I would really like to help you translating this nice piece of software.
  • matthijsvdrmatthijsvdr Members, Plex Pass Posts: 56 Plex Pass
    Was looking in the file for some Dutch translation, but some things are hard to translate out of context.

"Sorry, you need to have a": "Sorry, u heeft een […] nodig",

where in between the [] needs to be the word what you need.

and why not use something like: languagesandwich (i think its already used for the mobile apps?)
  • ericmatthysericmatthys Plex Employee Members, Plex Employee, Plex Pass, Plex Ninja Posts: 3,185 Plex Employee
    Matthijs wrote:

Was looking in the file for some Dutch translation, but some things are hard to translate out of context.

"Sorry, you need to have a": "Sorry, u heeft een […] nodig",

where in between the [] needs to be the word what you need.

and why not use something like: languagesandwich (i think its already used for the mobile apps?)

I'll try to clean things up to make things easier for translations. In some cases, I need to do something with a value in the middle of the sentence, which makes things a little difficult. Sometimes a simple variable is enough (you'll see {1} which is a variable that will be inserted), but sometimes it isn't. Language Sandwich is what we were going to initially use but they are having some problems and their services are down.
  • ericmatthysericmatthys Plex Employee Members, Plex Employee, Plex Pass, Plex Ninja Posts: 3,185 Plex Employee
    I just updated the attachment in the top post. I removed a few unused strings and joined one together to make it easier to translate.
  • dane22dane22 Members, Plex Pass, Plex Ninja Posts: 9,898 Plex Ninja
    I'll do the Danish translation
    Here is my swedish translation of the first document, some of the phrases is perhaps a bit shaky in the grammar and so on, it's a bit hard to see what type of word that will come behind a specific word, but I have tried my best!

I hope that it will help!
    Maybe also make sure, that the format of the translated text-files are in UTF-8 :rolleyes:
    Mine is @danne22, or you weren't refering to me? :)
    I wasn't......I was merely speaking in general terms, since I've seen this common error once to many :-)

And I did checked yours, which is okay....In fact, I took the liberty to steal a bit from your, when I was in doubt, and expect to have the danish one up there in one hour, hope that's okay with you ?
  • OgamoOgamo Members, Plex Pass Posts: 31 Plex Pass
    edited November 2012
    Here is my Spanish translation of the first document. :)

[attachment=13064:Spanish.txt]
  • matthijsvdrmatthijsvdr Members, Plex Pass Posts: 56 Plex Pass
    Here is my dutch translation of the first document, some of the phrases is perhaps a bit shaky in the grammar and so on, it's a bit hard to see what type of word that will come behind a specific word, but I have tried my best!
    I hope that it will help!

ps tnx rost1n for your post ;p
    ps2 there is one: […] on key: Sorry, you need to have a because thats the way the sentence should be according to me. Maybe someone knows a better solution
  • jay_vertexjay_vertex Members, Plex Pass Posts: 2 Plex Pass
    i will help with the german translation
    Danish translation.

And as others already said........Might be vise to allow us a preview of the usage of the translations before they are released, since a lot was/is out of context
  • biohazbiohaz Members, Plex Pass Posts: 3 Plex Pass
    Norwegian translation.
  • elanelan CTO and Co-founder MauiMembers, Plex Employee, Plex Pass, Plex Ninja Posts: 9,325 Plex Employee
    Yarrrr, matie! Where's pirate??
  • denisb88denisb88 Members, Plex Pass Posts: 77 Plex Pass
    Nothing for french ?
    I can help you if you want
    denisb88 wrote:

Nothing for french ?
    I can help you if you want

Please! Any help is appreciated.