If you have not already, we suggest setting your Plex username to something else rather than email which is displayed on your posts in forum. You can change the username at https://app.plex.tv/desktop#!/account
Welcome to our forums! Please take a few moments to read through our Community Guidelines (also conveniently linked in the header at the top of each page). There, you'll find guidelines on conduct, tips on getting the help you may be searching for, and more!

Whats wrong with my bbc

garyigaryi Posts: 608Members Plex Pass
BBC iplayer now starts up what ever I want to watch then 2 seconds later a small pause speech bubble appears bottom left and thats as far as I get.

I know this stuff is free ad I really do appreciate it, but all these updates, its like things get broke as quick as they are fixed. It was working before.

• jamjam Plex Dev Team Posts: 4,303Members, Plex Employee, Plex Pass, Plex Ninja Plex Employee
    If you choose to use beta software (i.e. unfinished & sometimes unstable), you should expect problems sometimes. Versions of Plex before 0.7.14 were incapable of pausing iPlayer videos. Pausing now works, but a small bug is causing videos to pause when they begin. If you press play on your remote or space on the keyboard, playback will resume.
  • htpc_dudehtpc_dude Posts: 14Members
    iBBC does not work for me either. Looks like it's because I'm in the US and iBBC is blocking any IP addresses outside of the UK. Anyone know a way around this?
  • kentkent Posts: 825Members ✭✭
    Yep - there are numerous discussions on the forums about using VPNs or proxies to get around this precise problem. The upshot of the way these solutions all work is by presenting your apparent location to the website in question as something other than where you actually are (ie, in the catchment area for where the service is actually allowed).

There is some mechanism on the way to the App store that will warn you about what regions a particular plugin will work in, but it isn't in place yet.
  • bubblex2bubblex2 Posts: 8Members
    if you let the program start a little then hit left arrow to rewind it to the beginning

the PAUSE box goes away

well it does for me