If you have not already, we suggest setting your Plex username to something else rather than email which is displayed on your posts in forum. You can change the username at https://app.plex.tv/desktop#!/account
Welcome to our forums! Please take a few moments to read through our Community Guidelines (also conveniently linked in the header at the top of each page). There, you'll find guidelines on conduct, tips on getting the help you may be searching for, and more!

Disappearing actors/cast when editing metadata with Plex/Web

yomamma_deyomamma_de Posts: 5Members
When I edit the metadata of a movie and then scan it again, the actors/cast disappears. What I found out is, when you save the metadata with the Plex/Web-Client it changes the attribute "user_fields" in the table "metadata_itmes". It removes all the "lockedFields" which it is not able to edit. For example my lockedFields are normally "lockedFields=1|2|3|4|5|7|8|13|14|15|16|17|18|19|24". The "19" protects actors/cast from being removed during a scan. When you save it with the Web/Plex it changes to: "lockedFields=1|2|3|4|5|7|8|13|14|15|16|17|18|24".

Please don't drop not editable lockedFields!

PMS: Version 0.9.7.9
Plex/Web: Version 0.9.9.2

Comments

• ericmatthysericmatthys Plex Employee Posts: 3,200Members, Plex Employee, Plex Pass, Plex Ninja Plex Employee
    yomamma_de wrote:

When I edit the metadata of a movie and then scan it again, the actors/cast disappears. What I found out is, when you save the metadata with the Plex/Web-Client it changes the attribute "user_fields" in the table "metadata_itmes". It removes all the "lockedFields" which it is not able to edit. For example my lockedFields are normally "lockedFields=1|2|3|4|5|7|8|13|14|15|16|17|18|19|24". The "19" protects actors/cast from being removed during a scan. When you save it with the Web/Plex it changes to: "lockedFields=1|2|3|4|5|7|8|13|14|15|16|17|18|24".

Please don't drop not editable lockedFields!

PMS: Version 0.9.7.9
    Plex/Web: Version 0.9.9.2

Thanks for the bug report. I'll look into a fix for this soon. Sorry for the trouble!
  • Sha-RonSha-Ron Posts: 7Members ✭✭

Hello -

I'm new to Plex and would like to use your script to update my meta data. How would I go about doing this? Please advise.
    Thank you,

Sha-Ron