If you have not already, we suggest setting your Plex username to something else rather than email which is displayed on your posts in forum. You can change the username at https://app.plex.tv/desktop#!/account
Welcome to our forums! Please take a few moments to read through our Community Guidelines (also conveniently linked in the header at the top of each page). There, you'll find guidelines on conduct, tips on getting the help you may be searching for, and more!

Request: Plex for BMW Apps

BMW just launched the SDK for BMW apps.
http://www.apps-world.net/europe/images/stories/presentation2012/dev-d2-1550-michael-huebler-bmw.pdf

I would be happy to donate for such a development. A built in app in my car to be able to look on movies etc

Kristian

Comments

• BudwyzerBudwyzer Posts: 181Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass
    This sounds completely safe, let's do this!
  • SdeswalSdeswal Posts: 1Members, Plex Pass

Thats exactly what I am looking for. Currently to play video in my BMW dvd player I have to put Video's & Movies in iPhone's Video app which is not exactly convenient. It would be amazing if my BMW got plex app and as soon as I will come home it will sync to my server.  

• PommespanzerPommespanzer Posts: 1Members Plex Pass

*bump*

Is there any update for this topic? I guess, the plex client for iOS/Android has to be verified by BMW, isn't it?

Or exists a other possibility to connect Plex with BMW?

• chihuahuazchihuahuaz Posts: 158Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

I would love to see Plex for BMW connected as well!

Being able to use this in my car would be amazing!

There are already a few apps that use the BMW connected features such as audible, glympse, tunein, rhapsody, and a few others. Please make this happen! :)

• bobyguybobyguy Posts: 4Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass
    I would love to see Plex un my car too!!!

Sure that you can do this magic guys ☺️
  • Darkrider27Darkrider27 Posts: 64Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

Me too, but not in my BMW...please in my MINI, but I think.. same company, same interface :)

• mattseeleymattseeley HawaiiPosts: 1,386Members, Plex Employee, Plex Pass, Plex Ninja Plex Employee

I can see the expense report for this: "1 BMW M3 for app testing". ;)

It would be awesome to stream your Plex music directly to your car.

(Please no private messages for support unless requested, please)

• vanstinatorvanstinator Plex Voice Control Posts: 707Members, Plex Employee, Plex Pass, Plex Ninja Plex Employee

Someone buy me a BMW and I'll do it.

Projects I currently develop or maintain

Classic Forum for Plex - A forum skin that aims to replicate the classic forum experience as best as possible without taking away some of the better things about the new forum.

PlexWink - A Plex Channel that monitors Plex and controls your smart lights based on playback.

UASViewer - A Plex Channel for the Unsupported App Store that lets you browse channels right from Plex.

• HasthawkHasthawk Posts: 3Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

SIgn me up. Just bought a 328i 2015 and would love to get Plex up and running. I think that BMW apps function for video is disabled while the vehicle is moving which might prevent audio streaming too? I presume that might be an issue that would need some finesse. Add me to the list of those hoping for compatibility through an Android interface in the future.