Welcome to our forums! Please take a few moments to read through our Community Guidelines (also conveniently linked in the header at the top of each page). There, you'll find guidelines on conduct, tips on getting the help you may be searching for, and more!

Simplex modified by Wunderwally

WunderwallyWunderwally Members, Plex Pass Posts: 396 Plex Pass
edited January 2013 in Simplex
Hey guys, i made a few Modifications to my alltime favourite Skin Simplex and wanted to share it with you!
I'm neither a Coder nor a Designer or something. All the mods i made were only possibly cause of the awesome work of CloudDweller, Jaaps and Jason Mehring. I just dug into the xml Files and changed the necsessary Things.

Also, because i am not a Coder, i wont/cant include more Views or other Changes. I will continue to modify the Skin till the Point i really like it. (I'm thinking of changing the Colors a bit, maybe to blue)

But there is one thing i need some help; You still have to press down to reach On Deck although it's on the Top. I searched everywhere but didnt find anything to change that. I'm guessing i just have to change a <ondown> to a <onup>, but i dont know where. Some help would be much appriciated!

Changes
  • moved On Deck/Recently Added to the Top
  • added On Deck/Recently Added Info with Fanart for Movies and Thumbs for Tv Shows
  • changed the Listview to a Fulllist
  • removed Fanart from Listview
  • changed Font
  • made Posters in Listview bigger

Important
You Must turn off Slideshow so the Mods can work properly

Known Bugs
You still have to press down to reach On Deck although it's now on the Top

Download
https://github.com/Wunderwally/skin.simplex.wunderwally

Screens
movieiondeck.jpg

list.jpg

videoinfo.jpg

tvondeck.jpg

listtv.jpg

Screen Shot 2013-01-24 at 4.46.01 PM.jpg

tvinfo.jpg

Comments

• SaschaSascha Members Posts: 45
    I like it! But I miss the fanart. Is it possible to turn it back on (in listview and mainscreen)?
  • bigbadrabbitbigbadrabbit Members, Plex Pass Posts: 289 Plex Pass
    Wow!
    That really looks amazing, wunderwally!
    Your modifications make this beautiful skin more perfect and absolutly the way I like it.

I don't miss the fanart at all. IMHO it doesn't need fanart at all.

Do you mind taking a look at my request for porting XBMC's Quartz skin? link
    This skin is my absolute favorite.

Maybe you could also take it as inspiration in terms of colours and views...
  • WunderwallyWunderwally Members, Plex Pass Posts: 396 Plex Pass
    DJ Sascha wrote:

I like it! But I miss the fanart. Is it possible to turn it back on (in listview and mainscreen)?

Apperantly not. My goal was to modify the Skin to make it even more simple, clean and clutter free. All the modifications i made was to suit the skin better to my personal Needs and i dont need Fanart.

(And i tried diffrent Styles with and without Fanart and with Fanart the Text in the List was always diffilcult to read so i decided to get rid of it in the Listview. On the Main Page i just didnt find a suitable place!

Wow!
    That really looks amazing, wunderwally!
    Your modifications make this beautiful skin more perfect and absolutly the way I like it.

I don't miss the fanart at all. IMHO it doesn't need fanart at all.

Do you mind taking a look at my request for porting XBMC's Quartz skin? link
    This skin is my absolute favorite.

Maybe you could also take it as inspiration in terms of colours and views...

Yeah Quartz is my favorite too, but as i stated above i'm not a coder an have no **** clue how to port a Skin, make a new Skin from the Scratch etc.
    edited January 2013
    I've changed the colors and a few other things and it's coming together really good i think! I'm trying to get a Quartz-like Userexperience and altough it's based on Simplex i think i'm coming really close.

Here is a quick look: http://wunderwally.minus.com/mSimplex_Quartz/

It's not finished yet but i think in a few days i will "release" it :)
  • bigbadrabbitbigbadrabbit Members, Plex Pass Posts: 289 Plex Pass
    edited January 2013

I've changed the colors and a few other things and it's coming together really good i think! I'm trying to get a Quartz-like Userexperience and altough it's based on Simplex i think i'm coming really close.

Here is a quick look: http://wunderwally.minus.com/mSimplex_Quartz/

It's not finished yet but i think in a few days i will "release" it :)

Looks amazing!
    Really looking forward to your release.

I know you're modifying it to your liking, so these are just two suggestions:

* Get rid of the stars-rating. IMHO it disturbs the otherwise clean look of the skin. Or maybe just color them white or grey...
    * In Listview maybe just show a bigger poster and delete the short description, as it's shown in the info view anyway. That would also get it a step closer to Quartz...

Otherwise it's really looking fantastic and BTW, this skin will be the reason i'll stick with PLEX finally, instead of using my to date XBMC/PLEXBMC setup. :D

Looks amazing!
    Really looking forward to your release.

I know you're modifying it to your liking, so these are just two suggestions:

* Get rid of the stars-rating. IMHO it disturbs the otherwise clean look of the skin. Or maybe just color them white or grey...
    * In Listview maybe just show a bigger poster and delete the short description, as it's shown in the info view anyway. That would also get it a step closer to Quartz...

Otherwise it's really looking fantastic and BTW, this skin will be the reason i'll stick with PLEX finally, instead of using my to date XBMC/PLEXBMC setup. :D

I like the stars-rating and the plot in the listview so i'm keeping them for now (maybe i'll add an option to turn it off if i can figure out how to do this). But i changed the colour of the stars back to white, the more i looked at it, the less i liked the yellow stars^^

Basically it is finished, at least for the main views, the dialogs have still white selectionboxes and the Music and Pictureviews are still untouched. I will definitly change the dialogboxes, the Music and Picturesections i think i wont edit cause i dont use them.

I just want to change 1-2 things but i dont know how to do this so i'm depending on some help here in the skinning development forums!

And thanks for your kind words:)
  • shapethelolashapethelola Members, Plex Pass Posts: 407 Plex Pass
    Any chance you can get it to work for PHT ? :)

Any chance you can get it to work for PHT ? :)

Release is in the General Skin Section and works now with PHT(with a few Bugs, mostly visual) Link
  • shapethelolashapethelola Members, Plex Pass Posts: 407 Plex Pass
    Thank you mate :)
  • jvitorerojvitorero Members, Plex Pass Posts: 72 Plex Pass
    Thank U very much Wunderwally!

Very goog job, but please, Could you solve the problem that we must press the down key when the natural sense would press the up key on deck/recently view?

Thanks!
    The Problem is i dont know how :-(
  • genetik25genetik25 Members Posts: 4 Plex Pass

Hi i was wondering if you could please help me, 

i want to remove all the movie titles seen here in red

and i was wondering if its possible to have this blue section change to a new film every few seconds automatically?

thankyou

6dht.png