Welcome to our forums! Please take a few moments to read through our Community Guidelines (also conveniently linked in the header at the top of each page). There, you'll find guidelines on conduct, tips on getting the help you may be searching for, and more!

Why not free?

Why do we have to pay for Plex Constellation while XBMC Constellation is free?

Comments

• AutomaticCodingAutomaticCoding Members Posts: 58 ✭✭
    nelek wrote:

It is? I paid for the XBMC version. :angry:
  • wally007wally007 Members, Plex Pass Posts: 1,221 Plex Pass
    Why would you want Constellation ? It hasnt been updated forever and has bugs all over...

On other hand you have official Plex iOS which is pretty much best app in iOS store :-)

nelek wrote:

• unisonrussunisonruss Plex-Enthusiast Members, Plex Pass Posts: 1,901 Plex Pass
    Awful app
  • prowlmediaprowlmedia Members, Plex Pass Posts: 31 Plex Pass
    nelek wrote on January 25 2013, 5:31 PM: »

The XBMC version has other feature that are in  app purchases and remove the banners etc. 

The Plex version has not been updated in a year and still doesn't support iphone 5.  

I wouldn't bother with it until they fix it. 

• hsousahsousa Plex for iOS/tvOS Developer Lisbon, PortugalMembers, Plex Employee, Plex Pass Posts: 118 Plex Employee

The official iOS app is beautifully built, didn't even knew others existed.

Would it be awesome if it was free? Yeah, but these guys need to feed their annoying but loving kids, just like all of us! :-)

I gladly paid for the iOS app, just like I did with Plex Pass.

• FironiclaudioFironiclaudio Members Posts: 1 Plex Pass

Hello,I just bought constellation for plex.
    It's paid for but I cannot see how much I paid or if it's a one time charge or if reoccurs .I bought it really fast while trying to figure out another problem