Welcome to our forums! Please take a few moments to read through our Community Guidelines (also conveniently linked in the header at the top of each page). There, you'll find guidelines on conduct, tips on getting the help you may be searching for, and more!

Remove On Deck/Recently Add from home screen

jmerrilljr@gmail.comjmerrilljr@gmail.com Members Posts: 67 ✭✭
I would like to remove these items from the home screen. I know you can toggle their position in Preferences. How about hiding both?

Comments

• wally007wally007 Members, Plex Pass Posts: 1,190 Plex Pass
    you have to edit one of the xml files inside 720p folder... its really simple and if you search inside the files you will find it.

I would like to remove these items from the home screen. I know you can toggle their position in Preferences. How about hiding both?
  • jmerrilljr@gmail.comjmerrilljr@gmail.com Members Posts: 67 ✭✭
    wally007 wrote:

you have to edit one of the xml files inside 720p folder... its really simple and if you search inside the files you will find it.

That I know, but it seems to be more than one file.
  • danz207danz207 Members Posts: 5

Don't know about the recently added, but for the 'On Deck', go to Settings -> Library -> Show advanced settings -> 'Weeks to look at for On deck' default is 16, changing to 0 will remove it.  :)

I dont know why you'd wanna remove the recently added, i like to know that my media files are getting scanned.  :D

• jmerrilljr@gmail.comjmerrilljr@gmail.com Members Posts: 67 ✭✭

If you add, for example, six episodes of the same TV show, then those six episodes take up the Recently Added space and have the same poster art. I agree this is not a problem with Movies.

• jjhalldinjjhalldin Members Posts: 3 ✭✭
    You may also have some shows that you don't want to pop up on the first page. XXX you know what I mean. While on that subject are there parental controls for plex. Sorry just got plex yesterday and still playing with it.
  • DeltaDc12DeltaDc12 Members, Plex Pass Posts: 9 Plex Pass

Is there a way to have the plex app start on the librarary page and not the on deck page?

Thanks