Welcome to our forums! Please take a few moments to read through our Community Guidelines (also conveniently linked in the header at the top of each page). There, you'll find guidelines on conduct, tips on getting the help you may be searching for, and more!

[REL] Dreambox plugin 0.1 is done

Comments

• eiddieiddi Posts: 69Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass
    does anybody know where I can download Enigma Web Interface - Pli Edition Im using Vu+ Duo which uses enigma2 and openpli 3.0 , but open pli 3 uses webif interface.

Setup:
    iMac 27" 2,7GHz Quad-Core Intel Core i5
    12GB 1333MHz DDR3
    Dell 23" monitor 1TB internal hdd
    LACIE RUGGED 250GB SSD Thunderbold
    3TB Western Digital external hdd
    2x1GB Western Digital external hdd
    DELL U2312HM 23"
    Appletv 4
    Panasonic P50ST32Y 50" plasma

Synology nas server 4,5TB .

Tivo

Samsung 42"

• TheSatmanTheSatman Posts: 227Members ✭✭
    eiddi wrote:

does anybody know where I can download Enigma Web Interface - Pli Edition Im using Vu+ Duo which uses enigma2 and openpli 3.0 , but open pli 3 uses webif interface.

Try here : http://digsat.net/wbb3/index.php?page=Thread&threadID=49925

The era of movie viewing in the dark has passed!!!

Plex Media Server: Windows 10 Home x64 ,AMD A10-5800K 4,10 GHz, 16Gb RAM

Media Storage: 2 + 1 TB Network shared USB Hard Drive // 

8 TB Synology Hybrid Raid (with data protection of 1 disk fault-tolerance)on XPEnology DSM 5.0- 4458 VM on VMware ESXi 5.1.0, HP ProLiant N54L

Plex Clients: Roku 3 // Xbox 360 // Multiple Android devices // iPad1 // iPad3 // iPod Touch // Plex/Web

Home entertainment: Pioneer VSX-921 // Pioneer BDP-140 // 5500ANSI Full HD 1080P DLP 3D Projector // 85" Mocom 2D /HD, Passive/Active 3D Projection Screen - 20 Gain // 32" HDMI TV // 50Mb-50Mb Fiber internet connection

• marcel500marcel500 Posts: 22Members
    edited February 2013
    edited February 2013
    atrus wrote:

It is possible that populating the preferences via the LG tv is not working. Do you have access to a computer to set preferences?
    If you have the PLi web interface on your Dreambox and you have set the preferences correct, Preferences should not be the only row in the plugin. All your channels should be visible there as well.

Ok, let me give your more insights in my setup and the things I explored.

1. Running opendreambox 1.6 with enabled webinterface on port 8080 and 8001 (streaming port). I can access the webinterface on myIP Address:8080 - so looks working.
    2. Running Plex on LG TV and iPad on both versions I can easily access the preferences menu and customize it. Even when I change the settings on LG TV it is immediately populated on Ipad version - so looks working.
    3. Running Dreambox LIVE APP on iPad with the same settings - I can see the stream coming from the dreambox - so working too.
    4. I realized that the DefaultPrefs,jon is empty - see below:

[
    	{
    		"id": "host",
    		"type": "text",
    		"label": "Host",
    		"default": ""
    	},
    	{
    		"id": "port_web",
    		"label": "Web Interface Port",
    	},
    	{
    		"id": "port_video",
    		"label": "Streaming Video Port",
    	}
    ]

I don't see any channel after setting the preferences - so not working.

Any other ideas? Is there a log file somewhere, which I can show to you?

The is the most missed plugin on the planet - I am even willing to donate for your efforts - Please make it work and please let me not switch to another dreambox image.

BIG THANKS.
    TheSatman wrote:

I dont see the web interface there.

Setup:
    12GB 1333MHz DDR3
    DELL U2312HM 23"
    Appletv 4

Tivo

Samsung 42"

• atrusatrus Posts: 11,093Members, Plex Pass, Plex Ninja Plex Ninja
    marcel500 wrote:

Ok, let me give your more insights in my setup and the things I explored.

1. Running opendreambox 1.6 with enabled webinterface on port 8080 and 8001 (streaming port). I can access the webinterface on myIP Address:8080 - so looks working.
    2. Running Plex on LG TV and iPad on both versions I can easily access the preferences menu and customize it. Even when I change the settings on LG TV it is immediately populated on Ipad version - so looks working.
    3. Running Dreambox LIVE APP on iPad with the same settings - I can see the stream coming from the dreambox - so working too.
    4. I realized that the DefaultPrefs,jon is empty - see below:

[
    {
    "id": "host",
    "label": "Host",
    },
    {
    "id": "port_web",
    "label": "Web Interface Port",
    },
    {
    "id": "port_video",
    "label": "Streaming Video Port",
    }
    ]

I don't see any channel after setting the preferences - so not working.

Any other ideas? Is there a log file somewhere, which I can show to you?

The is the most missed plugin on the planet - I am even willing to donate for your efforts - Please make it work and please let me not switch to another dreambox image.

BIG THANKS.

Well, that would mean that the web interface is not being scraped properly. Please attach the /Users/YourUsername/Library/Logs/PMS Plugin Logs/com.plexapp.plugins.dreambox.log so we can take a look. That is the path for Mac users. I think you can deduce where to find it on other platforms as well.
     Mac mini 2,3 GHz Quad-Core Intel Core i7 (With Fusion drive) (PM score: 7347)  Panasonic VT50 (55 inch)  Pioneer VSX-2021 Receiver  Norco 24-bay NAS (CPU: Intel Xeon E3-1240v2 3,4GHz, PM score: 9300) 
    New to Plex/Nine? Watch my screencast video (slightly out-dated nowadays, but still informative for new users)
    Want to know how to handle subtitles? Watch my subtitle screencast video (out-dated, but still informative), and this One Minute Subtitle Addendum screencast
    Always attach log files if you are reporting an issue: Log file info & location
    Get Plex guides here: Howto name your files NAS guide Troubleshooting Plex Support Page
    atrus wrote:

Well, that would mean that the web interface is not being scraped properly. Please attach the /Users/YourUsername/Library/Logs/PMS Plugin Logs/com.plexapp.plugins.dreambox.log so we can take a look. That is the path for Mac users. I think you can deduce where to find it on other platforms as well.

Attached the requested file.
  • sander1sander1 Channel Developer/Admin Posts: 3,662Members, Plex Pass, Plex Ninja Plex Ninja
    edited February 2013
    Wow, I didn't expect this to be "in the wild" already :D I don't have a Dreambox, so testing is a bit harder for me and I have no idea about any images/tools/interfaces that are available for Dreambox (I've just worked with what Atrus had access to).

@marcel500: Those lines from the log you posted tell us that
    A] the ip or port is wrong or
    B] there is no "/body" webpage:
    2013-02-05 20:14:33,065 (-4faed000) :  DEBUG (networking:166) - Requesting 'http://192.168.178.10:8080/body'
    2013-02-05 20:14:33,094 (-4faed000) :  ERROR (networking:213) - Error opening URL 'http://192.168.178.10:8080/body'
    2013-02-05 20:14:33,095 (-4faed000) :  INFO (__init__:36) - Couldn't connect to host.

I'm not 100% sure, but I think it would be better if we rewrite the channel using the Dreambox "WebIF" commands(?)

sander1 wrote:

Wow, I didn't expect this to be "in the wild" already :D I don't have a Dreambox, so testing is a bit harder for me and I have no idea about any images/tools/interfaces that are available for Dreambox (I've just worked with what Atrus had access to).

2013-02-05 20:14:33,065 (-4faed000) :  DEBUG (networking:166) - Requesting 'http://192.168.178.10:8080/body'
    2013-02-05 20:14:33,094 (-4faed000) :  ERROR (networking:213) - Error opening URL 'http://192.168.178.10:8080/body'
    2013-02-05 20:14:33,095 (-4faed000) :  INFO (__init__:36) - Couldn't connect to host.

I'm not 100% sure, but I think it would be better if we rewrite the channel using the Dreambox "WebIF" commands(?)

Hey, two points:
    1. IP and port is correct, the /body is wrong I guess - see screenshot attached - without /body
    2. Can we try without body and if not then maybe we rewrite?

In case u think it wont work until we rewrite into Dreambox commands, lets do it. I am happy to be the beta-tester for u. :)

Thanks so much.
    sander1 wrote:

I think you are right about using Webif commands.
    When I was trying to find anything about Enigma Web Interface - Pli Edition it looks like it is really old, used on Enigma1 boxes.

Setup:
    12GB 1333MHz DDR3
    DELL U2312HM 23"
    Appletv 4

Tivo

Samsung 42"

• Peter91101Peter91101 Posts: 333Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass
    @Atrus:

First field: Remove http:// as it is done in code. Only the IP (or DNS name) should be there.
    Second field: Here should be the port number only. No :
    Third field: Same here. No :

I already testes this, but no effect... I run Gemini-Project on my DM 800, maybe this is not compatible?

Thanks a lot!

BR
    Peter
    edited February 2013
    marcel500 wrote:

Hey, two points:
    1. IP and port is correct, the /body is wrong I guess - see screenshot attached - without /body
    2. Can we try without body and if not then maybe we rewrite?

In case u think it wont work until we rewrite into Dreambox commands, lets do it. I am happy to be the beta-tester for u. :)

Thanks so much.

Tried it without the body - dont know maybe I need to compile? Anyway new log attached, not working.

I think it is a smart idea to reprogram it - the world will love u for this plugin.
  • toraintorain Posts: 3Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass
    Peter911 wrote:

@Atrus:

I already testes this, but no effect... I run Gemini-Project on my DM 800, maybe this is not compatible?

Thanks a lot!

BR
    Peter

I think this is the problem:

we run different images on the dreamboxes. and therefore different webIFs.
    The current plugin only runs on the Pli-image...(never heard before)
    I run a CVS-image from http://www.i-have-a-dreambox.com/wbb2/database.php
    In Sander's python-script is the function "GetDataList" which is filled with data which does not fit into the regular expression "REGEX"

I'm no developer, but I could imagine, if I'll give you the data which comes from the webif for receiving the bouquets and channels (how the data-format looks like) and you "pimp" the REGEX to the data set it for different webifs, this could work?
    edited February 2013
    Everyone, this 0.1 alpha is only tested with the PLi edition as it was only written for that. I wanted to know if it works for other editions, but it is very clear that it doesn't :)
    Now we know that it does not work, and in the future when Sander finds time to do some more coding for us, I believe the focus will definitely be webIF support. That was something we talked about already when doing the first alpha, but Sander has so many plugins to handle that he simply could not find time for this.

I will continue to support Sander when he find time to help us. Thanks everyone for trying this first version out.
     Mac mini 2,3 GHz Quad-Core Intel Core i7 (With Fusion drive) (PM score: 7347)  Panasonic VT50 (55 inch)  Pioneer VSX-2021 Receiver  Norco 24-bay NAS (CPU: Intel Xeon E3-1240v2 3,4GHz, PM score: 9300) 
    New to Plex/Nine? Watch my screencast video (slightly out-dated nowadays, but still informative for new users)
    Want to know how to handle subtitles? Watch my subtitle screencast video (out-dated, but still informative), and this One Minute Subtitle Addendum screencast
    Get Plex guides here: Howto name your files NAS guide Troubleshooting Plex Support Page
  • Peter91101Peter91101 Posts: 333Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass
    Thank you too, Atrus! :)
    atrus wrote:

Everyone, this 0.1 alpha is only tested with the PLi edition as it was only written for that. I wanted to know if it works for other editions, but it is very clear that it doesn't :)
    Now we know that it does not work, and in the future when Sander finds time to do some more coding for us, I believe the focus will definitely be webIF support. That was something we talked about already when doin g the first alpha, but Sander has so many plugins to handle that he simply could not find time for this.

I will continue to support Sander when he find time to help us. Thanks everyone for trying this first version out.

That sounds great.
    I´ll be happy to help you guys with testing if you need.

Setup:
    12GB 1333MHz DDR3
    DELL U2312HM 23"
    Appletv 4

Tivo

Samsung 42"

• TheSatmanTheSatman Posts: 227Members ✭✭
    atrus wrote:

Now we know that it does not work, and in the future when Sander finds time to do some more coding for us, I believe the focus will definitely be webIF support. That was something we talked about already when doin g the first alpha, but Sander has so many plugins to handle that he simply could not find time for this.

Thank you for presenting us this first version ;o). I've been away to long from the coding scene. Don't know if I could contribute with something. Have you considered posting this on one or more of the Dreambox forums? If you manage to set up a frame work with API, then other Dreambox image developers could simply write a module to connect their specific flavoured image to plex. This saves the Plex dev team from having to re-invent the wheel for each and every dreambox flavour out there.

Believe, this could be the next new hype in the Dreambox user world. A lot is said and done about live streaming, both local and remote. But most solutions are depending on VLC installed on a local PC, and are not really functional for the larger public.

The era of movie viewing in the dark has passed!!!

Plex Media Server: Windows 10 Home x64 ,AMD A10-5800K 4,10 GHz, 16Gb RAM

Media Storage: 2 + 1 TB Network shared USB Hard Drive // 

8 TB Synology Hybrid Raid (with data protection of 1 disk fault-tolerance)on XPEnology DSM 5.0- 4458 VM on VMware ESXi 5.1.0, HP ProLiant N54L

Plex Clients: Roku 3 // Xbox 360 // Multiple Android devices // iPad1 // iPad3 // iPod Touch // Plex/Web

Home entertainment: Pioneer VSX-921 // Pioneer BDP-140 // 5500ANSI Full HD 1080P DLP 3D Projector // 85" Mocom 2D /HD, Passive/Active 3D Projection Screen - 20 Gain // 32" HDMI TV // 50Mb-50Mb Fiber internet connection

TheSatman wrote:

Thank you for presenting us this first version ;o). I've been away to long from the coding scene. Don't know if I could contribute with something. Have you considered posting this on one or more of the Dreambox forums? If you manage to set up a frame work with API, then other Dreambox image developers could simply write a module to connect their specific flavoured image to plex. This saves the Plex dev team from having to re-invent the wheel for each and every dreambox flavour out there.

Believe, this could be the next new hype in the Dreambox user world. A lot is said and done about live streaming, both local and remote. But most solutions are depending on VLC installed on a local PC, and are not really functional for the larger public.

I totally agree and thanks for the time being - we all hope to hear more soon.
    TheSatman wrote:

I have not thought of doing that. I do not even have my own Dreambox. I approached Sander about this because my cousin has a Dreambox and I wanted to see if I could see TV from him. And as my cousin has PLi edition, we tried the most basic scraping first. Apparently that was not the best idea I had ;)

Maybe in the future I will start a thread somewhere like that
  • oysteingoysteing Posts: 61Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass
    Hi!

I'm new to Plex, but have found it to be the solution I'm looking for. What's missing, is the support for Dreambox streaming, as this plugin would fix.

As others have pointed out, is that the plugin as it is now is not working for other than some old PLI images, and since nobody else already have done it, I thought I might give it a shot to fix this.

I'm new to Plex, Phyton and plugin programming, but used to be learning by doing. So here is how far I have come so far:

I'm able to get the bouquetes from the Dreambox, and I'm also able to get the channels listed. Then, when selecting a channel, the Dreambox is zapping to the chosen channel. So far so good. But when it comes to actually starting the stream, I'm stuck.

Maybe some other of you could have a quick look at what's necessary to start the stream? The correct stream url is already ready.

This is a rewrite of the original plugin posted here, so just replace the __init__.py if you want to test it.