If you have not already, we suggest setting your Plex username to something else rather than email which is displayed on your posts in forum. You can change the username at https://app.plex.tv/desktop#!/account
Welcome to our forums! Please take a few moments to read through our Community Guidelines (also conveniently linked in the header at the top of each page). There, you'll find guidelines on conduct, tips on getting the help you may be searching for, and more!

[REL] Dreambox plugin 0.1 is done

Comments

• sivheadsivhead Posts: 15Members
    edited February 2013
    sivhead wrote:

I know its been previously mentioned that the plugin does not support OpenWebif but I am using OpenWebIf the 1st script that you supplied in post 41 http://forums.plexapp.com/index.php/topic/58831-dreambox-plugin-01-is-done/page__view__findpost__p__352200 worked with OpenWebIf showing bouquets and channels. the only that was not working was the zapping and streaming

The second script supplied in the post quoted above only shows the 1st table of bouquets with categories you cant select a category to get to a channel. Can you confirm what version of webinterface you are currently using to perform your tests please ? as the script in post 41 seems to be working better than this one.

Further update if I set the EPG to false all Bouquets work perfect, the picons are displayed correctly for the channel. I can Zap to the channel the (the channel Zap works, the player opens and I get the following error message cannot load M3U8 404 not found followed by If I click play again. [IOErrorEvent type="ioError" bubbles=false cancelable=false eventPhase=2..

This is on OpenWebIf so nearly there
    If it helps this is my xml file of a channel that will zap but wont play..

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
    -<MediaContainer mediaTagVersion="1361261176" mediaTagPrefix="/system/bundle/media/flags/" identifier="com.plexapp.plugins.dreambox" size="1" art="/:/plugins/com.plexapp.plugins.dreambox/resources/art-default.jpg?t=1357873380" title1="Dreambox"> -<Video title="BBC One HD" thumb="/:/plugins/com.plexapp.plugins.dreambox/resources/1_0_19_1B1D_802_2_11A0000_0_0_0.png?t=1323647294" ratingKey="1:0:19:1B1D:802:2:11A0000:0:0:0:" type="clip" key="/video/dreambox/TvStationMenu/BBC%20One%20HD?include_oc=True&channel=1%3A0%3A19%3A1B1D%3A802%3A2%3A11A0000%3A0%3A0%3A0%3A&thumb=%2F%3A%2Fplugins%2Fcom.plexapp.plugins.dreambox%2Fresources%2F1_0_19_1B1D_802_2_11A0000_0_0_0.png%3Ft%3D1323647294" sourceIcon="http://resources-cdn.plexapp.com/image/source/com.plexapp.plugins.dreambox.jpg?h=None"> -<Media> -<Part key="/video/dreambox/PlayVideo/1%3A0%3A19%3A1B1D%3A802%3A2%3A11A0000%3A0%3A0%3A0%3A" file=""> <Stream id="1" streamType="1" index="0"/> <Stream id="2" streamType="2" index="1"/> </Part> </Media> </Video> </MediaContainer>

and if I wanted to play the channel in windows media player I would use this URL
    h t t p : //IPADDRESS:PORTNUMB/web/stream.m3u?ref=1:0:19:1B1D:802:2:11A0000:0:0:0:&name=BBC%20One%20HD
  • oysteingoysteing Posts: 61Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass
    sivhead wrote:

Further update if I set the EPG to false all Bouquets work perfect, the picons are displayed correctly for the channel. I can Zap to the channel the (the channel Zap works, the player opens and I get the following error message cannot load M3U8 404 not found followed by If I click play again. [IOErrorEvent type="ioError" bubbles=false cancelable=false eventPhase=2..

This is on OpenWebIf so nearly there

Hi!

I think the plugin should work with any Enigma2 based image now, as we are NOT using anything from the normal web interface, but the client API. If you get this script working now, (well, without EPG), but get the message about M3U8, that's just because streaming isn't currently working in the Plex web interface. Try using the Plex desktop client, and see if that works better.

oysteing
  • GenBapGenBap Posts: 4Members, Plex Pass
    edited February 2013
    I am using this plugin on a Windows 7 PMS. I also use the plex client on Windows 7, as well as roku and an LG TV. I am using all updates as of post 80. Each client will show bouquets and zap with no problem. However they will not stream. The following are my responses:
    Roku - Video unavailable: We'er unable to play this video, make sure the server is running and has access to this video.
    LG Client - Cannot play the media.
    Plex Windows Client - Error: Could not determine input format.

So all works well except actual streaming on any of these three clients. Very exciting possibilities however.

Settings:
    Host - 192.168.*.**
    Web Interface Port: 80
    Streaming Video Port: 8001
    Zap: true
    EPG: false
    Picons: false
  • waghelakwaghelak Posts: 46Members ✭✭
    GenBap wrote:

I am using this plugin on a Windows 7 PMS. I also use the plex client on Windows 7, as well as roku and an LG TV. I am using all updates as of post 80. Each client will show bouquets and zap with no problem. However they will not stream. The following are my responses:
    Roku - Video unavailable: We'er unable to play this video, make sure the server is running and has access to this video.
    LG Client - Cannot play the media.
    Plex Windows Client - Error: Could not determine input format.

So all works well except actual streaming on any of these three clients. Very exciting possibilities however.

Settings:
    Host - 192.168.*.**
    Web Interface Port: 80
    Streaming Video Port: 8001
    Zap: true
    EPG: false
    Picons: false

i had the same error with the latest version where you could ZAP through windows client but as soon as i reverted back to the version 2 of this plugin on post #69 it was fine. It seems the version which includes epg, zap etc works for some and not for others, try version 2 on post #69.

Also has anyone managed to get this working using another PC over the internet and not in the same network. Not sure if there is a bug in windows client but i cant seem to see any channels if am outside the network, works fine on iphone though, i mean not streaming but i can see the channels.
    waghelak wrote:

i had the same error with the latest version where you could ZAP through windows client but as soon as i reverted back to the version 2 of this plugin on post #69 it was fine. It seems the version which includes epg, zap etc works for some and not for others, try version 2 on post #69.

Also has anyone managed to get this working using another PC over the internet and not in the same network. Not sure if there is a bug in windows client but i cant seem to see any channels if am outside the network, works fine on iphone though, i mean not streaming but i can see the channels.

Hi!

I found another difference between the version in post #69, so please check the version I have attached here, this one should work, and includes EPG og Picons.

I have found a new way of dealing with the EPG that will make it as quick as when not using EPG, but I'm struggling with a small bug that seems to come from the Dreambox itself, so I'll have to find a workaround for that first.
    oysteing wrote:

Hi!

I found another difference between the version in post #69, so please check the version I have attached here, this one should work, and includes EPG og Picons.

I have found a new way of dealing with the EPG that will make it as quick as when not using EPG, but I'm struggling with a small bug that seems to come from the Dreambox itself, so I'll have to find a workaround for that first.

excellent will give it a try :)

In terms of transcoding for IOS is that something that needs to be done on the plugin itself or is it something that plex server needs to do.
  • chrisnasahchrisnasah Posts: 14Members
    works excellent locally but my brother could not get it working on his machine remotely, plus not working on IOS.

Is this a limitation of the plugin or something needs to be done on the server side.

Anyone?
  • atrusatrus Posts: 11,098Members, Plex Pass, Plex Ninja Plex Ninja
    Great work guys. Would be most excellent if you sent in patches via GITHUB so Sander can build an official solution.
     Mac mini 2,3 GHz Quad-Core Intel Core i7 (With Fusion drive) (PM score: 7347)  Panasonic VT50 (55 inch)  Pioneer VSX-2021 Receiver  Norco 24-bay NAS (CPU: Intel Xeon E3-1240v2 3,4GHz, PM score: 9300) 
    New to Plex/Nine? Watch my screencast video (slightly out-dated nowadays, but still informative for new users)
    Want to know how to handle subtitles? Watch my subtitle screencast video (out-dated, but still informative), and this One Minute Subtitle Addendum screencast
    Always attach log files if you are reporting an issue: Log file info & location
    Get Plex guides here: Howto name your files NAS guide Troubleshooting Plex Support Page
  • GenBapGenBap Posts: 4Members, Plex Pass
    Working pretty good now with Windows client. Still not working with Roku client or LG TV client. Excellent work! Thanks. By the way I am running OpenPli 3.0 on an Azbox Me. The box is on wifi so all streams pretty well except 1080 streams - all they want to do is buffer. Perhaps ethernet connection would stop that? Anyway thanks again and I look forward to further developments.
  • xbenderCHxbenderCH Posts: 13Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass
    atrus wrote:

Great work guys. Would be most excellent if you sent in patches via GITHUB so Sander can build an official solution.

Hi Atrus

I merged my changes into the github repository.

Best,
    xbenderCH
    Error loading player no playable sources found. When using the Plex media to server to play the stream.
    When using the plex client for windows 0.9.504 on windows7 the stream plays fine (well the non hd streams do anyway the HD streams buffer).
    THe IOS client browses the Bouquets the picons are displayed but when playing the stream, I get the error message
    "Unable to play media" An Unknown problem occured...
    This is using openwebif on the latest VIX image onlne update on a vuduo... So excellent work so far.

I still needed to disable EPG. it was taking too long and causing plex to not respond,
    now and next was showing on the channel list so it does work but was a bit flaky so I disabled it again...

This was using the latest script in post 87......

Are there any settings in the plex media server that can be set to transcode the stream so it plays on IOS (iphone) or is it something that needs to be written into the plugin ?
    edited February 2013
    Hi!

Yet another version is ready. :) I will try to update det GitHub, I'll just have to look into how, as I'm new to this. Anyone knows how we can get this is the channel directory, so it can be installed directly from a Plex client?

Anyway, this version uses a different approach to getting the EPG, including some workarounds for some problems caused by the Dreambox itself, so please try it out, and have a look if it seems OK. The speed should now be the same as when not using EPG.

As far as I have understood, is the transcoding possibility up to the Plex server, so it's up to the Plex developers to fix, correct me if I'm wrong.

This time I've included the whole bundle, to make it a bit easier for new users to install.

*File removed, newer version in later post*
    oysteing wrote:

Hi!

Yet another version is ready. :) I will try to update det GitHub, I'll just have to look into how, as I'm new to this. Anyone knows how we can get this is the channel directory, so it can be installed directly from a Plex client?

Anyway, this version uses a different approach to getting the EPG, including some workarounds for some problems caused by the Dreambox itself, so please try it out, and have a look if it seems OK. The speed should now be the same as when not using EPG.

As far as I have understood, is the transcoding possibility up to the Plex server, so it's up to the Plex developers to fix, correct me if I'm wrong.

This time I've included the whole bundle, to make it a bit easier for new users to install.

got issue with the above bundle, although i can see the bouquets when i click on any, instead of coming up with the channels i get server responded with an error.
  • eiddieiddi Posts: 70Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass
    edited February 2013
    oysteing wrote:

Hi!

Dreambox.bundle.zip

nice this bundle is working for me now.
    im using osx mountain lion server, pms 0.9.12,vu+ duo-openpli 3.0 beta, OpenWebif. except the hd channels are choppy.

Setup:
    iMac 27" 2,7GHz Quad-Core Intel Core i5
    12GB 1333MHz DDR3
    Dell 23" monitor 1TB internal hdd
    LACIE RUGGED 250GB SSD Thunderbold
    3TB Western Digital external hdd
    2x1GB Western Digital external hdd
    DELL U2312HM 23"
    Appletv 4
    Panasonic P50ST32Y 50" plasma

Synology nas server 4,5TB .

Tivo

Samsung 42"

• Peter91101Peter91101 Posts: 333Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass
    Hi,

latest Version does not work for me. The Plug disapperas completly in Channel selction. Any ideas? :mellow:

Thanks & BR
    Peter
    Peter911 wrote:

Hi,

latest Version does not work for me. The Plug disapperas completly in Channel selction. Any ideas? :mellow:

Thanks & BR
    Peter

Hi!

Could you provide me with the log-file from the plugin? In Windows this would be c:\Users\[user]\appdata\local\plex media server\logs\PMS plugin logs\com.plexapp.plugins.dreambox.log

This would tell us why the plugin reports errors, or dissapears completely from the Channel selection.

oysteing
    edited February 2013
    Find the attached logs.

Edit: not sure if it makes any difference but am on the latest beta version of the media server.

Also just to update people having issues of not being able to see the channels across the internet (WAN) this looks to have been resolved with the new version of media centre (home theater) when it gets released.
    waghelak wrote:

Find the attached logs.

Hi!

It looks like your Dreambox sends a file with a missing ServiceName in the XML.

Try this version, I have added some check to work around this, and report back.
  • Peter91101Peter91101 Posts: 333Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass
    edited February 2013
    @Oystening:
    Sorry i do not have the Drembox-Log in my Plugin Log-Folder. Mac mini with OSX ML, Dreambox DM 800 with Enigma 2 Gemini.

Thanks + BR
    Peter