Welcome to our forums! Please take a few moments to read through our Community Guidelines (also conveniently linked in the header at the top of each page). There, you'll find guidelines on conduct, tips on getting the help you may be searching for, and more!

[REL] Dreambox plugin 0.1 is done

1565758596062»

Comments

• dappa2dappa2 Posts: 231Members ✭✭

@ihshaikh said:
    Is there a plugin for the enigma to get the STB to do the transcoding (Assuming that the STB has a hardware transcoder).

some of the more high end enigma 2 devices can do transcoding, though in the past I've always used zgemmas which are cheap low end memory devices which wont transcode anything.

Operating System - Windows 8.1

Plex Media Server - Latest Version

Available Ram 16gb

1 Terrabyte Hardrive

Quad core Processor

1 * Google chromecast

• gAgNiCkgAgNiCk Posts: 7Members ✭✭

@FidoFuz said:
    Ok, some more investigations:

I tried plugging the enigma urls directly into the IPTV plugin with the same results. The FTA HD (AVC/AC-3) plays ok and the SD/premium fails (MPEG/MP2).

I then installed VODServer. By default it transcodes to MPEG which is of no use to me so I modified the config to convert to AVC and plugged the redirected url into the IPTV plugin. That plugin can now show the SD/premium feeds. I don't get sound but it's probably due to wrong parameters I've set for ffmpeg as I'm far from an expert.

I can now say I'm 99% certain it's down to the fact that Plex cannot now transcode MPEG from a stream. This reversion of functionality happened after the 0.9.1.6 version. I am also seeing the same failures when I tell the DVR functionality to transcode. It transcodes AVC ok but not MPEG.

Not sure if we'll see Plex address the issue until they open up the DVR functionality to devices which stream in MPEG. If they do then this plugin will magically start working again but it will still require the change I posted previously.

They previously made a commitment to release updated channel framework api docs, that was 9 months ago! Hopefully they will eventually fix this...
    :)

• ClubLifeClubLife Posts: 35Members ✭✭

@FidoFuz: Is there anyway for me to use your modified version with a box where the password has been set up on it and is no longer blank?

I know dpeddi managed to modify it a while back. Is it as simple as copying his defaultprefs file into your folder? I didn't want to start messing around without checking first.

• FidoFuzFidoFuz Posts: 80Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

@ClubLife said:
    I know dpeddi managed to modify it a while back. Is it as simple as copying his defaultprefs file into your folder? I didn't want to start messing around without checking first.

Yep, just make the same changes I mentioned in a previous post but to dpeddi's version.

• moli87moli87 Posts: 46Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

@FidoFuz

How did you make your zgemma work with Plex DVR? With an Web API? Would that work also with other enigma2 receiver? Now Live TV is also Public...is it working for you? That would be really nice.

@everybody

Does this plugin work again because of the Live TV functionality?

• ihshaikhihshaikh Posts: 41Members ✭✭

indeed - any ideas how i can use this plugin to leverage the STB transcoder?

@dappa2 said:

@ihshaikh said:
    Is there a plugin for the enigma to get the STB to do the transcoding (Assuming that the STB has a hardware transcoder).

some of the more high end enigma 2 devices can do transcoding, though in the past I've always used zgemmas which are cheap low end memory devices which wont transcode anything.

• rgaikrgaik Posts: 1Members

I very badly need old Plex 0.9.16.6 for Synology (Intel CPU) to be able to successfully transcode satellite channels using Drambox plugin.
    Unfortunately I can't find working link so if anyone got it please let me know where I can download it.
    PlexMediaServer-0.9.16.6.1993-5089475-x86.spk

@moli87 said:
    @FidoFuz

How did you make your zgemma work with Plex DVR? With an Web API? Would that work also with other enigma2 receiver? Now Live TV is also Public...is it working for you? That would be really nice.

@everybody

Does this plugin work again because of the Live TV functionality?

I wrote a self hosted web api which ran as a windows service. This service emulated an HDHomerun device and I translated requests to the HDHR into requests to my Enigma box. Essentially fooling Plex into thinking I had an HDHR. This works for FTA HD channels but not for SD or premium due to the aforementioned Plex transcoding bug.

Another member andyblac took the idea and made it into a plugin for OpenATV/OpenVix so there's now no need for my emulation service. I now use his plugin for recorded/Live TV from Enigma to Plex. Naturally this plugin also cannot play SD or premium channels due to the same Plex bug. It may just be my particular flavour of Enigma box or if you have a box which can do the transcoding itself then you will be able to bypass the plex bug and it will work for ll channels for you.

To address your other question, this plugin "Dreambox plugin 0.1" works for SD channels with a minor change mentioned above but plex has not fixed the MPEG/MP2 stream transcoding they broke after 0.9.16.6 so it won't work for anything else. Go back to version 0.9.16.6 and it should work for all channels.

• moli87moli87 Posts: 46Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass
    edited June 15

@FidoFuz

Thanks a lot for your information. Could you point me to the site where i could download the plugin? Lets hope Plex will fix the MPEG/MP2 issue. My VU+ have a transcoder maybe it will work with the plugin.

But how does it work with the transcoder on the box? There is just one setting and it will transcode then always to that setting or not? Then i am not able to change on the fly in the plex client? For that they need to fix the bug, that plex make the transcoding...am i right?

Update: I found it on github...

• rodermattrodermatt Posts: 10Members ✭✭

I'm looking also for a solution how can use Plex with the Plugin (Dreambox or IPTV) to receive the streams from my VU+ Receiver.

Greeting

• aurawindsurfingaurawindsurfing Posts: 1Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

Hi try Openvix image - they have vu+ zero plugin

• chrisbati@gmail.comchrisbati@gmail.com Posts: 1Members

Hi,
    could someone help me ?
    I have an error when trying to play a channel : There was an error trying to play this item.
    Looking in the log (in attachment), i see a critical message: got an unexpected keyword argument 'includeBandwidths'
    Any idea of what I have to do ?

Thanks a lot in advance

Chrisbati

@chrisbati@gmail.com said:
    Hi,
    could someone help me ?
    I have an error when trying to play a channel : There was an error trying to play this item.
    Looking in the log (in attachment), i see a critical message: got an unexpected keyword argument 'includeBandwidths'
    Any idea of what I have to do ?

Thanks a lot in advance

Chrisbati

This is the fix I mentioned quite a few comments ago. It's a simple edit of the init.py file.

• Cyb3rGh05tCyb3rGh05t Posts: 325Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

@moli87 said:
    @FidoFuz

Thanks a lot for your information. Could you point me to the site where i could download the plugin? Lets hope Plex will fix the MPEG/MP2 issue. My VU+ have a transcoder maybe it will work with the plugin.

But how does it work with the transcoder on the box? There is just one setting and it will transcode then always to that setting or not? Then i am not able to change on the fly in the plex client? For that they need to fix the bug, that plex make the transcoding...am i right?

Update: I found it on github...

how is this plugin called?

My PlexConnect Theme "Revenant"
    Apple  TV 2 & 3

Donate
     USD EUR

• wastezwastez Posts: 7Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass
    edited September 10

I found the reason why transcoding isnt working with dreambox.bundle.
    I checked which format the stream is via vlc and found out that the audio stream isn't mp3 (default settings in preferences) on my dm800se, it is ac3.
    So i changed it in the audio codec in the preferences of dreambox.bundle in plex and voila, transcoding is working now without problems.
    I'm using the version of fidofuz.

My plex version is the hardware transcoding preview 4 ..... 1.8.1.
    But without the change of the audio stream it wasn't also not working.

Here a transcoded channel on my ios:

• tween80tween80 Posts: 3Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

Hi,

I got the plugin working by following FidoFuz changes in the init.py on page 60. Thanks mate!

Server Version is 1.8.4.4249

The path of the plugin on my mac is
    ~/Library/Application Support/Plex Media Server/Plug-ins/

In Windows the path would be
    %LOCALAPPDATA%\Plex Media Server\Plug-ins\

In that folder make a right click on the Dreambox.bundle plugin and select show content. Then file is in Content/Code/init.py

Make the changes and restart your server.

Working channels are German public television (ARD/ZDF/3sat...HD) and Sky HD. Private ones like RTL SD are not working. But I don't care about these.

Thanks for your support.

edited September 13

Edit: seems just hd channels are working, but in all transcoded resolutions.

I know why SD channels are not working.
    In the preferences from dreambox.bundle is mpeg4 setted but the sd channels are just mpeg1/2.

• tween80tween80 Posts: 3Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

Hi, thanks for the tip, but it does not work. RTL, etc. still don't work and ARD,... loses sound. So I am happy with how it is.

• ihshaikhihshaikh Posts: 41Members ✭✭

@wastez said:
    I know why SD channels are not working.
    In the preferences from dreambox.bundle is mpeg4 setted but the sd channels are just mpeg1/2.

is there a way to fix this?