Welcome to our forums! Please take a few moments to read through our Community Guidelines (also conveniently linked in the header at the top of each page). There, you'll find guidelines on conduct, tips on getting the help you may be searching for, and more!

[REL] Dreambox plugin 0.1 is done

Comments

• waghelakwaghelak Posts: 46Members ✭✭
    Just wanted to check as i think i was playing with some settings and now for some reason i cant get it to work again.

Is this the normal path when trying to play using windows client?

2013-02-22 20:07:25,269 (1be4) :  DEBUG (runtime:880) - Response: [200] MediaContainer, 89884 bytes
    2013-02-22 20:07:32,194 (1138) :  DEBUG (runtime:684) - Handling request GET /video/dreambox/PlayVideo/1%3A0%3A1%3ACBA7%3A8FE%3A2%3A11A0000%3A0%3A0%3A0%3A.m3u8
    2013-02-22 20:07:32,194 (1138) :  DEBUG (runtime:780) - Found route matching /video/dreambox/PlayVideo/1:0:1:CBA7:8FE:2:11A0000:0:0:0:.m3u8
    2013-02-22 20:07:32,194 (1138) :  INFO (logkit:16) - http://192.168.0.110:8001/1:0:1:CBA7:8FE:2:11A0000:0:0:0:.m3u8
    2013-02-22 20:07:32,194 (1138) :  DEBUG (runtime:880) - Response: [302] Redirect, 0 bytes

• oysteingoysteing Posts: 61Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass
    waghelak wrote:

Just wanted to check as i think i was playing with some settings and now for some reason i cant get it to work again.

Is this the normal path when trying to play using windows client?

2013-02-22 20:07:25,269 (1be4) :  DEBUG (runtime:880) - Response: [200] MediaContainer, 89884 bytes
    2013-02-22 20:07:32,194 (1138) :  DEBUG (runtime:684) - Handling request GET /video/dreambox/PlayVideo/1%3A0%3A1%3ACBA7%3A8FE%3A2%3A11A0000%3A0%3A0%3A0%3A.m3u8
    2013-02-22 20:07:32,194 (1138) :  DEBUG (runtime:780) - Found route matching /video/dreambox/PlayVideo/1:0:1:CBA7:8FE:2:11A0000:0:0:0:.m3u8
    2013-02-22 20:07:32,194 (1138) :  INFO (logkit:16) - http://192.168.0.110:8001/1:0:1:CBA7:8FE:2:11A0000:0:0:0:.m3u8
    2013-02-22 20:07:32,194 (1138) :  DEBUG (runtime:880) - Response: [302] Redirect, 0 bytes

Hi!

Did you change anything in the code? The link should NOT include the ".m3u8" ending. A valid stream URL would be http://192.168.0.110:8001/1:0:1:CBA7:8FE:2:11A0000:0:0:0:
    i didnt not with the code, although i was changing various setting on the pms, web settings, windows client to see if i could get it work with iphone or web but no changes with any of the coding within the bundle.

Strange huh...

i did a re-install of bundle and same issue still, am currently in process of re-installing pms and set it up again and see that solves it.
    ok so now all back to normal, i wonder whether when we try to change settings with regards to getting it work via transcoding whether it formats the coding in some way to suit it. I might have done a change somewhere where i could not remember to revert back to normal.
    waghelak wrote:

ok so now all back to normal, i wonder whether when we try to change settings with regards to getting it work via transcoding whether it formats the coding in some way to suit it. I might have done a change somewhere where i could not remember to revert back to normal.

Yes, maybe it has something to do with the settings of the client, I don't know.

The streaming will not work for now, as this is not supported by Plex. The developers will have to make this work, then we can adapt the plugin so it will work.

I have seen a solution, where we add more software to do the transcoding, and then make a plugin to point to the transcoded version instead, but in my opinion that would not be a good solution. Then each user would have to install more software, and the plugin will get a lot more complex. Hopefully the developers will fix this as soon as possible instead.
    oysteing wrote:

Yes, maybe it has something to do with the settings of the client, I don't know.

The streaming will not work for now, as this is not supported by Plex. The developers will have to make this work, then we can adapt the plugin so it will work.

I have seen a solution, where we add more software to do the transcoding, and then make a plugin to point to the transcoded version instead, but in my opinion that would not be a good solution. Then each user would have to install more software, and the plugin will get a lot more complex. Hopefully the developers will fix this as soon as possible instead.

well we hope the developers can try to at least make it work as what you have done is brilliant for the satellite community who are into plex too.
    Hi!

A little update.

I just updated to version 0.9.7.13, and now I got the URL's with .m3u8-endings. This will of course not work, and resulting in no video on Dreambox after zapping, and of course no video in the client.

I will have a look to try to figure out where this comes from, until we have a solution, I recommend using 0.9.7.12, that's working perfectly. (Well, with the known limitations that is. ;) )

oysteing
  • marcel500marcel500 Posts: 22Members
    Hey, I am back from my business trip and I am very impressed how much far the plugin got developed.

Unfortunately, after testing it on my side I dont get the video stream.

Working:
    1. Bouquets
    2. EPG

Not working:
    1. Error: Can not play the media.

Please help, so keen to see this working.

THX
    marcel500 wrote:

Hey, I am back from my business trip and I am very impressed how much far the plugin got developed.

Unfortunately, after testing it on my side I dont get the video stream.

Working:
    1. Bouquets
    2. EPG

Not working:
    1. Error: Can not play the media.

Please help, so keen to see this working.

THX

Hi!

What version of Plex Server are you running? There seems to be a change/bug in the latest 0.9.7.13 version, from your log it has this bug. Please give me a notice if you are NOT running that version.

Also, remember that the playback will ONLY work on Windows and OSX clients, not IOS, Android, and web interface. This is due to limitations in transcoder in Plex.

The new beta-version of the client is not working either, so stick to the released versions for now, and you should be ok.

Here is a fix for the 0.9.7.13 bug: (If you really need that version)
    oysteing wrote:

Hi!

What version of Plex Server are you running? There seems to be a change/bug in the latest 0.9.7.13 version, from your log it has this bug. Please give me a notice if you are NOT running that version.

Also, remember that the playback will ONLY work on Windows and OSX clients, not IOS, Android, and web interface. This is due to limitations in transcoder in Plex.

The new beta-version of the client is not working either, so stick to the released versions for now, and you should be ok.

Here is a fix for the 0.9.7.13 bug: (If you really need that version)

I am running Version 0.9.7.12.407-db37d6d so I am NOT running that version.

Please help.
    marcel500 wrote:

I am running Version 0.9.7.12.407-db37d6d so I am NOT running that version.

Please help.

Strange, I cannot reproduce this problem on the 0.9.7.12 I had, but I have upgraded, so I'm unsure if there might be several differen sub-versions out there.

Anyway, how does it work with the new file I attached?
    oysteing wrote:

Strange, I cannot reproduce this problem on the 0.9.7.12 I had, but I have upgraded, so I'm unsure if there might be several differen sub-versions out there.

Anyway, how does it work with the new file I attached?

No error message, keeps on loading.
    marcel500 wrote:

No error message, keeps on loading.

What client are you using?
    oysteing wrote:

What client are you using?

Samsung SMART LG TV is my client.
    marcel500 wrote:

Samsung SMART LG TV is my client.

Hmm.. Samsung or LG? I thought the Samsung app didn't support channels at all? At lease my version doesn't?

Try using the windows or OSX client. It's not working on IOS, Android and so on, so probably not on any of the other versions either.
  • Peter91101Peter91101 Posts: 333Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass
    Hi Oysteing,

thanks for your Hard work. should i update the init.py in latest Plugin Version? PMS is actully 0.9.7.13 too...

BR
    Peter
    Peter911 wrote:

Hi Oysteing,

thanks for your Hard work. should i update the init.py in latest Plugin Version? PMS is actully 0.9.7.13 too...

BR
    Peter

Hi!

Yes, try to update, maybe that will fix your problem as well. Since the channel is completely missing, maybe you will have to restart the PMS after the update.
    oysteing wrote:

Hmm.. Samsung or LG? I thought the Samsung app didn't support channels at all? At lease my version doesn't?

Try using the windows or OSX client. It's not working on IOS, Android and so on, so probably not on any of the other versions either.

Sorry LG TV.... I tried it on my Ipad -> not working too. I tried it on my Mac Mini via Web interface, not working.

We are close... Any thoughts?
    marcel500 wrote:

Sorry LG TV.... I tried it on my Ipad -> not working too. I tried it on my Mac Mini via Web interface, not working.

We are close... Any thoughts?

Well, it's correct that none of these work, due to limitations in the Plex Server itself.

ONLY Windows and OSX clients (not web clients) are working.

Hopefully this will be fixed soon, by the Plex developers.
    oysteing wrote:

Well, it's correct that none of these work, due to limitations in the Plex Server itself.

ONLY Windows and OSX clients (not web clients) are working.

Hopefully this will be fixed soon, by the Plex developers.

Ok, not great. How do I know that it is fixed?

Thanks anyway