Welcome to our forums! Please take a few moments to read through our Community Guidelines (also conveniently linked in the header at the top of each page). There, you'll find guidelines on conduct, tips on getting the help you may be searching for, and more!

Plex LiveTV with Mythtvbackend

alexvdalexvd Members, Plex Pass Posts: 82 Plex Pass
Just wanted to thankyou for the wonderful app. It is really great code. I wonder if you plan to support a livetv functionality in this app. I run mythtv as a backend for its superior management of tuners and scheduling. I now have a mythtv user job that can bring those recordings into PMS with proper Plex naming convention. HOWEVER I still want to be able to watch some livetv events. Specifically sports. I searched on other threads and it looks like this has been asked for multiple times but no one has really produced anything. I also did some searching and see that XBMC+Frodo now supports mythtv. Are there any architectural limitations that would keep this from being ported? Does the samsung d8000 have enough horsepower to do this? Would it have to be on seperate roku,apple or rasberrypi. I dont see why not as I watch recordings all the time in plex from mythtv. The things I care about the most are livetv. Join a recording in progress and commercial skip. If there was anyway to support this. I would be happy to support you directly.

Thanks

Comments

• schlossperleschlossperle Members, Plex Pass Posts: 35 Plex Pass
    Hi alexvd,

There is a thread in the section for PlexPass members only that discusses this topic. Since I don't folllow this, I can't summarize what the current situation is.
  • spudlyospudlyo Members, Plex Pass Posts: 1
    edited May 2014

Well then, allow me to summarize.

The thread has a few folks asking when and if this feature is going to be implemented, 10-20 "+1" responses, and a handful of disappointed people who say they bought a PlexPass just so they could read the thread.

• unsoberunsober Members, Plex Pass Posts: 9 Plex Pass
    edited March 9

I created a MythTv Live Plugin, nothing fancy - but maybe someone can run with it if I do not get around to updating it further

https://forums.plex.tv/discussion/262148/plex-mythtv-livetv-plugin/p1?new=1