Welcome to our forums! Please take a few moments to read through our Community Guidelines (also conveniently linked in the header at the top of each page). There, you'll find guidelines on conduct, tips on getting the help you may be searching for, and more!

From the Devs Reply Thread

dane22dane22 Members, Plex Pass, Plex Ninja Posts: 9,753 Plex Ninja
Post here to reply to the locked "From the Devs" thread
Orca...

This is OUTSTANDING

And now for what you might have been expected, when posting the video........WHEN?

/Tommy

Comments

• dane22dane22 Members, Plex Pass, Plex Ninja Posts: 9,753 Plex Ninja
    And maybe make this thread "pinned", in order to not make people hunt for it...kinda generic thread anyway, or ?

/Tommy
  • novco007novco007 Members, Plex Pass Posts: 306 Plex Pass
    Hi Orca,

Wow.

The speed of navigation is impressive. May I ask what model your TV is? Must add that to my wish list, when my Pana Plasma gives in.

Nov.
  • neckarosneckaros Members, Plex Pass Posts: 252 Plex Pass
    Awasome video. Thanks for taking the time to do it
  • OrcaOrca Plex for Samsung Developer Members, Plex Pass, Plex Ninja Posts: 7,154 Plex Ninja
    Novco wrote:

Hi Orca,Wow.The speed of navigation is impressive. May I ask what model your TV is? Must add that to my wish list, when my Pana Plasma gives in.Nov.

It's a D7000 2011 model, but the speed is more the result of the new version, so any model should see improvements.
  • RockStarRockStar Members, Plex Pass Posts: 2,042 Plex Pass
    Yea I really love what youve done with the navigation here aswell. This version is so much more than I expected. You guys have been very productive.

How about the double tap bug that causes the app to exit. Sorted?
  • OrcaOrca Plex for Samsung Developer Members, Plex Pass, Plex Ninja Posts: 7,154 Plex Ninja
    RockStar wrote:

Yea I really love what youve done with the navigation here aswell. This version is so much more than I expected. You guys have been very productive.How about the double tap bug that causes the app to exit. Sorted?

Yes it's gone. The app is now a single page app, which means you never actually leave the first page.
    We just swap out the contents. This makes it much faster and we are always in control.
    The current version has multiple pages and that leaves gaps where you can push buttons, that are not under our control.
    This caused the app to return to the SmartHub, because that's the default behavior of the Samsung API.
    This fix required us to rewrite a substantial part of the code and many.. many hours of testing.
    That's also the reason why we couldn't fix it quickly during the submission process.

The hard work however paid of.
    I like to compare the new version with a rally car. It looks very familiar on the outside, but this one has a highly tuned engine :D
    Nice :-)
  • DaxterFLDaxterFL Members Posts: 11
    Sometimes I hate to lice in Germany. Cannot watch the video becauses it uses music for which the GEMA has not granted rights to youtube :(
  • AyresAyres Members Posts: 246 ✭✭
    Looks very nice indeed! - many thanks for all your hard work guys! Can't wait till Samsung approve this but on past record looks like we'll all have to wait and wait and wait...and wait.....but I'm sure it will be worth it. Never thought we'd actually see music and video plugins ...great work!
  • daniel.r.craven@gmail.comdaniel.r.craven@gmail.com Members Posts: 37 ✭✭
    Absolutely freaking awesome!!!

Genius lads, proper class act you 2 are! :D
  • maerskmaersk Members, Plex Pass Posts: 146 Plex Pass
    Orca het ziet er schitterend uit.
    Hoop dat Samsung dit snel zal goed keuren.
    Bedankt voor jullie inzet en harde werk voor ons als Plex community.
    It does look gorgeous, indeed.
    Knowing Samsung, approval may take a while though.
    But maybe the single page structure makes a difference in that process.
  • jamal003jamal003 Members Posts: 54
    Hey Orca, sounds like great news!

Would it be too much work for you to upload that video to another location? Like DaxterFl mentioned above, in Germany we're not able to see your video :(
    jamal003 wrote:

Hey Orca, sounds like great news!Would it be too much work for you to upload that video to another location? Like DaxterFl mentioned above, in Germany we're not able to see your video :(

Ah sorry, my mistake. It should be visible for all countries now.
  • thijsnijhuisthijsnijhuis Members Posts: 2
    Hi,

Like all the others before already said: this is VERY impressive. This is a real major release with all the new features on top of the performance improvements. I was hoping for the Music and Pictures section to come alive and now both seem to be in this release. This, for me, were the last two pieces to make is a fully functional media center. Hope one day the pictures can be shown in 1080x1920 but let's see how they look at the current resolution first. The channel feature looks very neat as well.

Can't wait to get my hands on this. But first, I'll make a long overdue donation cause I love the 0.987 release to bids as well! For me its one of the reasons to recommend a Sam'sung Tv to anyone looking for a new set. Keep up the good work guys!

Regards,
    Thijs

PS, Orca, didn't know you're Dutch made. Nice touch.
  • Peter91101Peter91101 Members, Plex Pass Posts: 329 Plex Pass
    Hi Orca,

thanks for the Great Development! But no Video on youtube for German Users... :(

BR
    Peter
  • JuddyJuddy Members Posts: 6 ✭✭
    I'm happy to upload it to a suitable site for Germany, I'll need permission from Orca first though.

Juddy
  • novco007novco007 Members, Plex Pass Posts: 306 Plex Pass
    Orca wrote:

It's a D7000 2011 model, but the speed is more the result of the new version, so any model should see improvements.

That is excellent and look forward to its release. Will mean that I'll be able o finally remove my roku from the front room.

Excellent work.

Nov
  • hd1080hd1080 Plex for Samsung Moderator Members Posts: 1,110 ✭✭
    edited February 2013
    Peter911 wrote:

Hi Orca,

thanks for the Great Development! But no Video on youtube for German Users... :(

BR
    Peter

I uploaded the vid to vimeo so you should be able to watch it. Link is in the other post.
  • dane22dane22 Members, Plex Pass, Plex Ninja Posts: 9,753 Plex Ninja
    hd1080 wrote:

Link is in the other post.

?????