If you have not already, we suggest setting your Plex username to something else rather than email which is displayed on your posts in forum. You can change the username at https://app.plex.tv/desktop#!/account
Welcome to our forums! Please take a few moments to read through our Community Guidelines (also conveniently linked in the header at the top of each page). There, you'll find guidelines on conduct, tips on getting the help you may be searching for, and more!

From the Devs Reply Thread

Comments

• FernandoMiguel3FernandoMiguel3 Posts: 122Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

@TMCCLUNG said:
    It appears Plex.inc owns this app now.

Where are you getting that info?

Samsung UE48JU7000 J series 2015

• thomy22thomy22 Posts: 210Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

@TMCCLUNG said:

What makes you think that?

My Server:

3190 Movies (HD)
    236 Movies (3D+HD)
    335 Movies (SD)
    569 Series Complete (HD)
    313 Series Returned (HD)
    305 Series Complete (SD)
    52 Comedien-Programs (SD+HD)
    20 Live Concerts (HD)
    200'000 Songs
    Over 150TB Data :-)

• SOS_DKSOS_DK Posts: 33Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

@TMCCLUNG said:

Perhaps you are confusing Orca´s app with the new Tiezen Plex App?

• shackrockshackrock Posts: 81Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

Can anyone tell me when the new app will be released on the samsung smart TV to fix the "i will always transcode bad quality no matter the user setting" issue?

• thomy22thomy22 Posts: 210Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass
    edited September 13

Hello Orca

Is there a new status?

I need the new server, but I can't change it, because then your app will constantly change the resolution and you can't watch any more videos. I would be really happy for my users if I could update this, as there are some new updates that are important for me.

My Server:

3190 Movies (HD)
    236 Movies (3D+HD)
    335 Movies (SD)
    569 Series Complete (HD)
    313 Series Returned (HD)
    305 Series Complete (SD)
    52 Comedien-Programs (SD+HD)
    20 Live Concerts (HD)
    200'000 Songs
    Over 150TB Data :-)

• Ian UKIan UK Posts: 55Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

@shackrock said:
    Can anyone tell me when the new app will be released on the samsung smart TV to fix the "i will always transcode bad quality no matter the user setting" issue?

Yeah this....especially with us Plex Cloud users, the transcoding with Plex Cloud is not all it could be, and we have no Direct Play option anymore until 2.009 ?

• knightsknights Posts: 253Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

Hi Orca, hope your health is getting better! Did you perhaps made some progress on 2.009 ?

• OrcaOrca Plex for Samsung Developer Posts: 7,381Members, Plex Pass, Plex Ninja Plex Ninja

Thanks, for asking, it's getting better.
    I was able to get some fixes in and testing it at the moment. Will submit soon.

Have you checked if your answer might be in the User Manual?
    My Samsung environment:

2010 BD-C5500 Blu-Ray,
    2011 UE46D7000 LED-TV,

2012 BD-ES6000 Blu-Ray,

2014 UE55HU8500L UHD LED TV

If you enjoy this free app, you can buy me a beer by making a Donation

• Si_WSi_W Posts: 10Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

Glad you are getting better, take your time, we appreciate what you do.

• robmcmrobmcm Posts: 9Members ✭✭

Is there any news on the progress of 2.008 for 2013 Samsung TVs? Last thing I can find is that it was in need of "another round" after failing the tests back in June... I'm particularly looking forward to DD+ as a direct play format...

Or is 2.008 not going to happen for these TVs now, so it's on to 2.009?

@robmcm said:
    Is there any news on the progress of 2.008 for 2013 Samsung TVs? Last thing I can find is that it was in need of "another round" after failing the tests back in June... I'm particularly looking forward to DD+ as a direct play format...

Or is 2.008 not going to happen for these TVs now, so it's on to 2.009?

Next version will be 2.009 if it gets approved by Samsung. Since 2.008 failed a new version number needs to be used to submit a new version.

• amtukvamtukv Posts: 48Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass
    edited September 27

Regarding the long wait times we users of 2013/2014 models have to go through I was wondering how come my Samsung hub shows updates from Youtube every other week. Dont they have to go though these long waits once they submit their App ?

I know guess that 2.009 is still not submitted but could there be a faster route to get them approved for older models too ?

PMS 1.3.3.3148 Win10

Samsung Smart Hub client for Plex 2.007 [Samsung 3D Bluray Home Theatre HT-FW5500]

Samsung Smart Hub client for Plex 2.006 [Samsung H6350]

Opera/Plex [Sony Bravia W802A, W650A (2)]

Plex App [Sony Playstation4]

Plex for iOS [iPhone6 / iOS 7.2]

Amazon Firestick

Plex for Android [Samsung Galaxy]

• Seven_Seven_ Posts: 139Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

i think is on the samsung end for a app to get approved, on a other end a fast method to have access to the newer app will be trough a Ip Setting

PMS Version 1.9.6.4429 ~ Win10 x64
    Plex Player 2.009 ~ Samsung TV UE39F5500

• ReX03ReX03 Posts: 10Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

Hi guys, I am on 2.007 on a F8500 (2013) plasma and since a couple of months (or more) my HEVC/h265 contents are being transcoded (local connection - no HTTPS).

I am not sure if Samsung removed the h265 support with the last firmware upgrade (unlikely) or something went wrong with 2.007 and the latest PMS for Windows.

Any idea?

Unfortunately all the links to the dropbox zip files <2.005 are broken... as last attempt I wanted to try an older Plex version. Do you know where I can find these files? Does it mean that now we cannot sideload any more?

Thanks!

• BigStevie1973BigStevie1973 Posts: 1,526Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

2.009 just released for sideloading on 2012-2014 models available here: -

https://forums.plex.tv/discussion/comment/1527411#Comment_1527411

Wauw, thanks for sharing the .zip for the 2012-2014 users. Just donated a few beers.

First experience is great except for subtitles setting on my ES8000, on 2007 I could transcode internal subtitles during playing and this worked fantastic (because Samsung fucked up the internal api) but on 2009 I get an error saying : Unable to transcode the selected subtitle format. Select srt subtitles if possible.

Same series on 2007 don’t give this error. So there has to be something different on 2009. Perhaps it’s something you can look into sometime. Do you perhaps need certain logging from my end?

Well thanks again for this update, love to update so that eac sounds gets direct played in stead of transcoding.

• ReX03ReX03 Posts: 10Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

@BigStevie1973 said:
    2.009 just released for sideloading on 2012-2014 models available here: -

https://forums.plex.tv/discussion/comment/1527411#Comment_1527411

Thanks!

Just tried the 2.009 on my 2013 model: the problem of transcoding HEVC contents is still here.

Anyone experiencing the same issue?

If I force direct play it clearly states that my tv doesn't support HEVC codec, while it was working some months ago.

• OrcaOrca Plex for Samsung Developer Posts: 7,381Members, Plex Pass, Plex Ninja Plex Ninja

There are different versions of HEVC, 8 bit and 10 bit. My guess is that the older ones that did play are 8 bit.

Have you checked if your answer might be in the User Manual?
    My Samsung environment:

2010 BD-C5500 Blu-Ray,
    2011 UE46D7000 LED-TV,

2012 BD-ES6000 Blu-Ray,

2014 UE55HU8500L UHD LED TV

If you enjoy this free app, you can buy me a beer by making a Donation

• IdalvarIdalvar Posts: 2Members Plex Pass

Thanks for the new release and for giving us access to the files. Much appreciated!

• BigStevie1973BigStevie1973 Posts: 1,526Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass
    edited September 30

@Orca said:
    There are different versions of HEVC, 8 bit and 10 bit. My guess is that the older ones that did play are 8 bit.

Just to let you know rhat 2.009 seems to be working a charm. Currently Direct Playing 4k movie on Plex Cloud with only very minor buffering (a split second every 15 mins or so) but 1080p worked flawlessly. :D