If you have not already, we suggest setting your Plex username to something else rather than email which is displayed on your posts in forum. You can change the username at https://app.plex.tv/desktop#!/account
Welcome to our forums! Please take a few moments to read through our Community Guidelines (also conveniently linked in the header at the top of each page). There, you'll find guidelines on conduct, tips on getting the help you may be searching for, and more!

From the Devs Reply Thread

Comments

• dane22dane22 Posts: 10,326Members, Plex Pass, Plex Ninja Plex Ninja
    dane22 wrote:

?????

Arrggghhhhhh.....You edited Orca's Post :blink:

I hate bugs - Tommy Lee Jones, MIB
    Join me in developing: epg-dk, str2utf-8, remidx, ExportTools, WebTools
    Support the Samsung Client:Donate
    Guides I use: Media Naming Guide, Local subtitles, Log-Files, QNAP FAQ, The Plex Dance

NO Support via PM, unless called by me

• Peter91101Peter91101 Posts: 333Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass
    Wow, great work! Many thanks to Orca & HD!

BR
    Peter
  • RockStarRockStar Posts: 2,052Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass
    Looks polished. Whats standing between the current build and submission to samsung?
    Dear Lord. If we give you Lady Gaga and Nicki Minaj, would you consider sending us back Dimebag Darrell?
  • OrcaOrca Plex for Samsung Developer Posts: 7,381Members, Plex Pass, Plex Ninja Plex Ninja
    RockStar wrote:

Looks polished. Whats standing between the current build and submission to samsung?

Some issues in 2012 that we probably can not resolve, writing a documentation file 20ft long, setting up accounts and servers for them and by far the most important one :
    Keeping my wife from killing me if I spend more time on this, then I'm already doing :)

Have you checked if your answer might be in the User Manual?
    My Samsung environment:

2010 BD-C5500 Blu-Ray,
    2011 UE46D7000 LED-TV,

2012 BD-ES6000 Blu-Ray,

2014 UE55HU8500L UHD LED TV

If you enjoy this free app, you can buy me a beer by making a Donation

• dane22dane22 Posts: 10,326Members, Plex Pass, Plex Ninja Plex Ninja
    Orca wrote:

Year or TV series?

/Tommy

I hate bugs - Tommy Lee Jones, MIB
    Join me in developing: epg-dk, str2utf-8, remidx, ExportTools, WebTools
    Support the Samsung Client:Donate
    Guides I use: Media Naming Guide, Local subtitles, Log-Files, QNAP FAQ, The Plex Dance

NO Support via PM, unless called by me

• RockStarRockStar Posts: 2,052Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass
    Orca wrote:

Some issues in 2012 that we probably can not resolve, writing a documentation file 20ft long, setting up accounts and servers for them and by far the most important one :
    Keeping my wife from killing me if I spend more time on this, then I'm already doing :)

Allright, great, thx for the info. Interesting to note the ES series is having trouble again. Any important features you will have to kill off across the board to get the app approved?
    Dear Lord. If we give you Lady Gaga and Nicki Minaj, would you consider sending us back Dimebag Darrell?
  • neckarosneckaros Posts: 255Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass
    Orca wrote:

by far the most important one :

thanks your wife for her patience :-)
  • sleepyEDBsleepyEDB Posts: 15Members ✭✭
    Sweet Jeebus! So much win at one time...

1335982824883.jpg

sleepy
    Device: Samsung UN60ES8000 (WiFi)
    Plex App: v0.987
    PMS: v0.9.7.3.317 (Windows 7 64-Bit, LAN)
    Router: Linksys WRT54G

"The road of life is rocky and you may stumble too. So while you point your finger, someone else is judging you." --Bob Marley
  • MyNicknameMyNickname Posts: 14Members
    I haven't browsed these forums lately so I am surprised a bit :lol:

It looks stunning guys !! thank you for all your hard work, can't wait to play around with the update

A je to buurman :P
  • cookieofblisscookieofbliss Posts: 41Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass
    Is it also possible to choose between different Releases (Directors Cut, ReleaseGroup, etc)?

It looks great, thanks!
  • OrcaOrca Plex for Samsung Developer Posts: 7,381Members, Plex Pass, Plex Ninja Plex Ninja

Is it also possible to choose between different Releases (Directors Cut, ReleaseGroup, etc)? It looks great, thanks!

Not that is not supported, you should use the "Split" function in the web client so the PMS will treat them as separate movies.

My Samsung environment:

2010 BD-C5500 Blu-Ray,
    2011 UE46D7000 LED-TV,

2012 BD-ES6000 Blu-Ray,

• cookieofblisscookieofbliss Posts: 41Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass
    Orca wrote:

Not that is not supported, you should use the "Split" function in the web client so the PMS will treat them as separate movies.

Ok, thanks for the answer. But is it on the ToDo-List or isn't it planned yet? Because splitting isn't really a solution, you can't differentiate those movies.
  • SwoodleSwoodle Posts: 86Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

Ok, thanks for the answer. But is it on the ToDo-List or isn't it planned yet? Because splitting isn't really a solution, you can't differentiate those movies.

Sure you can. Just rename them and assign them different cover art (PMS). Thats what I did for stuff like Paranormal Activity (Original Ending) and Paranormal Activity (Theater Ending).
  • jwaltman21jwaltman21 Posts: 95Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass
    My God, it's full of Stars! Truly revolutionary. Nice job gents... now good luck with Sammy on the approval!

2010 MacPro 3.46 Quad Core; Synology Rackstation 2516+

• sleepyEDBsleepyEDB Posts: 15Members ✭✭
    edited February 2013
    Swoods wrote:

Sure you can. Just rename them and assign them different cover art (PMS). Thats what I did for stuff like Paranormal Activity (Original Ending) and Paranormal Activity (Theater Ending).

Yep. I too have done this, and I think all I had to do was name the files slightly differently. One file was the movie itself which I named accordingly, and the other was the outtakes from the special features section of the DVD which I named 'Movie Title - Outtakes (year)'. I then manually edited the metadata via the Plex web interface and selected a different picture for the cover art. I think that's all there was to it...though I may have also manually edited the display title in the Plex/Web metadata screen. My memory is a bit hazy. :huh:

sleepy
    Device: Samsung UN60ES8000 (WiFi)
    Plex App: v0.987
    PMS: v0.9.7.3.317 (Windows 7 64-Bit, LAN)
    Router: Linksys WRT54G

"The road of life is rocky and you may stumble too. So while you point your finger, someone else is judging you." --Bob Marley
  • neckarosneckaros Posts: 255Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass
    Also quick question: will it allow us again to switch subtitles without the need to restart the video?
    neckaros wrote:

Also quick question: will it allow us again to switch subtitles without the need to restart the video?

Yes, it will now pause the movie while the subs load and then resume playback.
    On a TV that is almost instant, but on slower devices it may take a few seconds.

My Samsung environment:

2010 BD-C5500 Blu-Ray,
    2011 UE46D7000 LED-TV,

2012 BD-ES6000 Blu-Ray,

• Options
    edited February 2013
    Great Work Gentlemen! Can't wait to test it on my D7000.
  • daathdaath Posts: 71Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass
    It looks amazing! I can't wait to install this on my TV :)
    Samsung UE55JS8005XXE * Samsung UE46ES7005 * Samsung G935F * QNAP TS-459

• Mr.KleinMr.Klein Posts: 99Members, Plex Pass, TunerTester Plex Pass
    Are these new features also coming for 2010 c-models or are only newer models supported?