If you have not already, we suggest setting your Plex username to something else rather than email which is displayed on your posts in forum. You can change the username at https://app.plex.tv/desktop#!/account
Welcome to our forums! Please take a few moments to read through our Community Guidelines (also conveniently linked in the header at the top of each page). There, you'll find guidelines on conduct, tips on getting the help you may be searching for, and more!

From the Devs Reply Thread

Comments

• RockStarRockStar Posts: 2,053Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass
    edited February 2013
    C models with internet@TV are supported and there has been no mention of limitations in these. Afaik, the 2012 models are the only ones having trouble atm.
    Dear Lord. If we give you Lady Gaga and Nicki Minaj, would you consider sending us back Dimebag Darrell?
  • Dmangus01Dmangus01 Posts: 60Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass
    dane22 wrote:

Orca...

This is OUTSTANDING

And now for what you might have been expected, when posting the video........WHEN?

/Tommy

*SADFACE* Orca's post is gone and I have yet review it. Bad dane22.
  • dane22dane22 Posts: 10,347Members, Plex Pass, Plex Ninja Plex Ninja
    edited February 2013
    dmangus wrote:

*SADFACE* Orca's post is gone and I have yet review it. Bad dane22.

:D

If only I had the power, but nope......

This thread is for replying to post from the developers, and you can find Orca's post here

I hate bugs - Tommy Lee Jones, MIB
    Join me in developing: epg-dk, str2utf-8, remidx, ExportTools, WebTools
    Support the Samsung Client:Donate
    Guides I use: Media Naming Guide, Local subtitles, Log-Files, QNAP FAQ, The Plex Dance

NO Support via PM, unless called by me

• hunteark1hunteark1 Posts: 1Members
    edited February 2013

The speed of navigation is impressive.

• slijkhuisslijkhuis Posts: 29Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass
    Hi,

I see the new dev preview movie of the next version, hd1080, your dutch right? :))

My question is, is it not possible to add trailers to this? This app makes a cinema experience with big samsung tv's, so a trailer button orsomething would be greatly appreciated. Either locally or online would be fine.

Anybody else that would love this feature?

Keep up the great work!

Regards
  • - NaDs- NaDs Posts: 549Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass
    slijkhuis wrote:

Hi,

I see the new dev preview movie of the next version, hd1080, your dutch right? :))

My question is, is it not possible to add trailers to this? This app makes a cinema experience with big samsung tv's, so a trailer button orsomething would be greatly appreciated. Either locally or online would be fine.

Anybody else that would love this feature?

Keep up the great work!

Regards

+1

trailers via youtube would be great!!
    maybe with Video Channels support being added soon this might be something that could work???
  • OrcaOrca Plex for Samsung Developer Posts: 7,381Members, Plex Pass, Plex Ninja Plex Ninja
    edited February 2013
    slijkhuis wrote:

Hi,I see the new dev preview movie of the next version, hd1080, your dutch right? :))My question is, is it not possible to add trailers to this? This app makes a cinema experience with big samsung tv's, so a trailer button orsomething would be greatly appreciated. Either locally or online would be fine.Anybody else that would love this feature?Keep up the great work!Regards

It's not HD1080's TV in the movie, you are looking at my D7000 and yes, I'm Dutch. (HD1080 is not btw).
    Trailer support for movies would have to come from the PMS, so up-vote it in the PlexPass area!
    With the next version, channels like Apple trailers etc. will be available, so that's the next best thing we can offer.

Have you checked if your answer might be in the User Manual?
    My Samsung environment:

2010 BD-C5500 Blu-Ray,
    2011 UE46D7000 LED-TV,

2012 BD-ES6000 Blu-Ray,

2014 UE55HU8500L UHD LED TV

If you enjoy this free app, you can buy me a beer by making a Donation

Any progress on the 2012 TV´s? Its been three weeks since the nice video you posted and my TVs are itching for an update. Getting ready to submit anytime soon, so we can start cursing samsung for being difficult?
    Dear Lord. If we give you Lady Gaga and Nicki Minaj, would you consider sending us back Dimebag Darrell?
  • OrcaOrca Plex for Samsung Developer Posts: 7,381Members, Plex Pass, Plex Ninja Plex Ninja
    RockStar wrote on February 26 2013, 12:31 PM: »

Any progress on the 2012 TV´s? Its been three weeks since the nice video you posted and my TVs are itching for an update. Getting ready to submit anytime soon, so we can start cursing samsung for being difficult?

Start cursing, game on.

My Samsung environment:

2010 BD-C5500 Blu-Ray,
    2011 UE46D7000 LED-TV,

2012 BD-ES6000 Blu-Ray,

Allright! Fantastic! Absolutely LOVE the changelog!
  • AyresAyres Posts: 250Members ✭✭

C'mon Samsung give it to us! At last we're moving well done guys! Place your bets.....how many fails before we get this?

( It's a pity samsung aren't as thorough with other apps as they are with Plex - in the uk itv player and 5 on demand are completely useless despite being in the app store they don't work on my tv) 

• Options

I am about to get my pn64d7000 (2011) replaced with a pn64e7000 (2012).  Should i worry about not being able to use Plex because of the issues with 2012 models?  Can you elaborate a little further about the issues with the 2012 models?

Dan0780B wrote on February 27 2013, 11:17 PM: »

I am about to get my pn64d7000 (2011) replaced with a pn64e7000 (2012).  Should i worry about not being able to use Plex because of the issues with 2012 models?  Can you elaborate a little further about the issues with the 2012 models?

No, there are no known issues at this point with 2012 anymore. (From March they will start testing for 2013 models too)
    The only "but" is that the queue and recommended might not play all videos when you are using the app only connected to myPlex without a local server. 

We need the server to resolve stuff that will not work otherwise. But hey, we all have a server right? :)

Shared content can still run without a local server.

My Samsung environment:

2010 BD-C5500 Blu-Ray,
    2011 UE46D7000 LED-TV,

2012 BD-ES6000 Blu-Ray,

• Options
    Thanks. That's reassuring. I just asked for a refund for my 2011 and am gonna buy the 2012 I think unless the 2013 comes out soon.
  • byunbyun Posts: 10Members

yay just as i get a new samsung TV, a fantastic upgrade to the plex app occurs :)

• atridhratridhr Posts: 16Members

Great news.

I'm kinda new with plex, so how long did it take last time for Samsung to approve new version?

Well last time, the app had to go through like 10 revisions to get approved, so it took forever. I think a lot of the grief they had with it was the app being multipage though, so I'm more optimistic this time around. I think testing takes them about a week. Then we will know if its approved or not. If it is, it takes about another week until it appears as an update.
  • atridhratridhr Posts: 16Members

Damn, that means we need to wait at least 2 weeks :( I was hoping a couple of days will be enough, silly me...

• garyigaryi Posts: 608Members Plex Pass

Still great news, although what does 'photo channel with limitations' mean?

On the basis I want to view my aperture photos :)

edited February 2013

alot of photo channels will probably work, but not every. im guessing Aperture and iPhoto will.