Welcome to our forums! Please take a few moments to read through our Community Guidelines (also conveniently linked in the header at the top of each page). There, you'll find guidelines on conduct, tips on getting the help you may be searching for, and more!

From the Devs Reply Thread

Comments

• OrcaOrca Plex for Samsung Developer Posts: 7,278Members, Plex Pass, Plex Ninja Plex Ninja

No the limitation, with the photos is the resolution. They are transcoded to 960 X 540, I know not very good, but it will have to do for now until we find a better way.

BTW I didn't have the time or resource to test each and every channel there is. Some will work some won't, it kinda depends on how the channels work internally.

Have you checked if your answer might be in the User Manual?
    My Samsung environment:

2010 BD-C5500 Blu-Ray,
    2011 UE46D7000 LED-TV,

2012 BD-ES6000 Blu-Ray,

2014 UE55HU8500L UHD LED TV

If you enjoy this free app, you can buy me a beer by making a Donation

• RockStarRockStar Posts: 2,047Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass
    Crossing fingers for Samsung being nice this time.
    Dear Lord. If we give you Lady Gaga and Nicki Minaj, would you consider sending us back Dimebag Darrell?
  • daathdaath Posts: 71Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

I wonder why Samsung is so thorough with the plexapp for instance. They are obviously not really concerned about their smarthub servers going down all the time. And WHY do all the apps disappear as soon as their servers go down. It's INCREDIBLY frustrating!

Anyway, I hope they let the submitted version through soon, cos it looks GREAT! Awesome work, plex team! :)

Samsung UE55JS8005XXE * Samsung UE46ES7005 * Samsung G935F * QNAP TS-459

• clukacluka Posts: 42Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass
    They're strange, really: a very popular weather app has been recently published in Italy and simply it does not work on C models. All texts are overlapped and confused, options cannot be selected... And it's there, for you all to "enjoy" :)
  • dane22dane22 Posts: 10,180Members, Plex Pass, Plex Ninja Plex Ninja

"We got some good news for anyone who was planning on buying a new F series"

Darn you Orca.......Indeed good news, and when I saw a post in your closed fora, I almost had a heart-attack, since I'm waiting for some release news.....

When above is said, it's good that your "little" app also supports the next version from Samy......Congratz

I hate bugs - Tommy Lee Jones, MIB
    Join me in developing: epg-dk, str2utf-8, remidx, ExportTools, WebTools
    Support the Samsung Client:Donate
    Guides I use: Media Naming Guide, Local subtitles, Log-Files, QNAP FAQ, The Plex Dance

NO Support via PM, unless called by me

• slijkhuisslijkhuis Posts: 29Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass
    edited March 2013
    2012 tv's are working right? Both my tv's are 2012 and both run plex...

Edit:

We got some good news for anyone who was planning on buying a new F series. Mind you this is NOT for the new version!

We are proud to announce that the 2013 (F) models will have PLEX available from the store, right from the start!

Model Groups :
    13TV_STANDARD(Version :0.987)
    13TV_PREMIUM(Version :0.987)
    13AV_BD(Version:0.987)

Nice! And how about those new 4k ones? Would love to have plex on a 110" 4k tv :)) quad-core cpu for the tv and wired gbit connection + solid state drive for the server ofcourse!

Darn you Orca.......Indeed good news, and when I saw a post in your closed fora, I almost had a heart-attack, since I'm waiting for some release news.....

its been almost a week so news is bound to come soon!
    Dear Lord. If we give you Lady Gaga and Nicki Minaj, would you consider sending us back Dimebag Darrell?
    Argh... The wait is killing me...
  • liiightliiight Posts: 449Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

I hear you :) I'ts actually pretty amazing how integral this app became to mu (and i'm assuming most of us in this forum) everyday life.

• mannpmannp Posts: 317Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

Looking cool, very good thanks!

Any likelihood of a preview release for PlexPass members ;-)

Is flac music playback included in the client at all?

Unraid (6.2)

Synology 1512+

• OrcaOrca Plex for Samsung Developer Posts: 7,278Members, Plex Pass, Plex Ninja Plex Ninja
    local.bin wrote on March 10 2013, 3:42 PM: »

Looking cool, very good thanks!

Any likelihood of a preview release for PlexPass members ;-)

Is flac music playback included in the client at all?

Sorry but the Samsung store does not have a preview possibility.

As for flac, you can play it, but it will be transcoded to mp3 because the Samsung does not support the format.

My Samsung environment:

2010 BD-C5500 Blu-Ray,
    2011 UE46D7000 LED-TV,

2012 BD-ES6000 Blu-Ray,

• neckarosneckaros Posts: 255Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

No go again from Samsung? ... maybe they should focus on their bugs! (Black issue)

Pretty bummed. Orca: how about changing the transcoding settings to something more comprehendable before resubmitting (720p @ 2mbps etc) ?
  • rondol1rondol1 Posts: 671Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

@Orca and HD: Sad to hear, but as you said it was to be expected. Keep your head up!

So....."Same procedere as every year James"

Expected that from Samy, but as rondol1 said: "Keep your head up!"

Best Regards

Tommy

Guides I use: Media Naming Guide, Local subtitles, Log-Files, QNAP FAQ, The Plex Dance

• alexvdalexvd Posts: 82Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass
    Hi are the issues bugs in your app or features that are not approved? I am hoping that they are not asking to remove features to approve.
    alexvd wrote on March 11 2013, 10:32 PM: »

Hi are the issues bugs in your app or features that are not approved? I am hoping that they are not asking to remove features to approve.

No it's just bugs so far, but according to the bugs they reported didn't get around to testing the special stuff like myPlex and Shared.

I guess we still have a few rounds to go before this gets approved.

My Samsung environment:

2010 BD-C5500 Blu-Ray,
    2011 UE46D7000 LED-TV,

2012 BD-ES6000 Blu-Ray,

RockStar wrote on March 11 2013, 7:56 PM: »

Pretty bummed. Orca: how about changing the transcoding settings to something more comprehendable before resubmitting (720p @ 2mbps etc) ?

No, sorry, I'm done changing stuff, I just want to get it approved at this point. So it will be only bug fixing for now.

My Samsung environment:

2010 BD-C5500 Blu-Ray,
    2011 UE46D7000 LED-TV,

2012 BD-ES6000 Blu-Ray,

Orca wrote on March 11 2013, 11:43 PM: »

No, sorry, I'm done changing stuff, I just want to get it approved at this point. So it will be only bug fixing for now.

Make sence, IMHO

No need to rock the boat :rolleyes:

/T

Makes sense