If you have not already, we suggest setting your Plex username to something else rather than email which is displayed on your posts in forum. You can change the username at https://app.plex.tv/desktop#!/account
Welcome to our forums! Please take a few moments to read through our Community Guidelines (also conveniently linked in the header at the top of each page). There, you'll find guidelines on conduct, tips on getting the help you may be searching for, and more!

From the Devs Reply Thread

Comments

• psylonpsylon Posts: 45Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

Sad to hear, but it sounds promising for the next submission if they now were willing to oversee some minor bugs and that makes it sound like the app is not too far away from a release.  As much as I want the app released, I do appreciate you taking the time and getting it working properly :)

Keep up the good work! 

• rondol1rondol1 Posts: 671Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

Likewise!

toniz wrote on April 4 2013, 4:31 PM: »

Sad to hear, but it sounds promising for the next submission if they now were willing to oversee some minor bugs and that makes it sound like the app is not too far away from a release.  As much as I want the app released, I do appreciate you taking the time and getting it working properly :)

Keep up the good work! 

• RockStarRockStar Posts: 2,053Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass
    Yea. Keep it up!
    Dear Lord. If we give you Lady Gaga and Nicki Minaj, would you consider sending us back Dimebag Darrell?
  • hegemon13hegemon13 Posts: 36Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

Thanks so much for your hard work on this! Super excited for the full-featured version, but thank you for taking the time to get it right.

• pbourdonpbourdon Posts: 10Members, Plex Pass
    hegemon13 wrote on April 4 2013, 5:56 PM: »

Thanks so much for your hard work on this! Super excited for the full-featured version, but thank you for taking the time to get it right.

I'm really looking forward to this version. My parents who live in Europe specifically bought a Samsung TV so that they could connect to my library in the US....

• tudanskitudanski Posts: 29Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

So looking forward to new release...dying to get my music collection through the 60 inch 5.1 TV in front room...you guys are amazing keep up the good work

me to.  Sounds like all thats needed is a minor correction from the latest submission, to get the app approved, but I guess Samsung still should take their time and check the app thoroughly, so its probably atleast 3-4 weeks away.

Dear Lord. If we give you Lady Gaga and Nicki Minaj, would you consider sending us back Dimebag Darrell?
  • DaxterFLDaxterFL Posts: 11Members

If they would test the crappy youtube app soo deep like the Plex app...that would be nice. Still slow, buggy, cannot display german special characters. Hope to see the new Plex app soon :)

• jwaltman21jwaltman21 Posts: 95Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass
    DaxterFL wrote on April 6 2013, 10:58 AM: »

If they would test the crappy youtube app soo deep like the Plex app...that would be nice. Still slow, buggy, cannot display german special characters. Hope to see the new Plex app soon :)

Agreed! Even the Amazon Instant video app freezes up... I guess if your a big developer they wont test as hard.

2010 MacPro 3.46 Quad Core; Synology Rackstation 2516+

• daathdaath Posts: 71Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

Great work - I hope you can submit again soon, and that Samsung will just let it go through :-) I can't wait!

Samsung UE55JS8005XXE * Samsung UE46ES7005 * Samsung G935F * QNAP TS-459

• hegemon13hegemon13 Posts: 36Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

It's hard to be patient, but we shouldn't complain. Lots of developers and software companies pay big money for testing as thorough as Samsung is providing. I'd rather the app be released bug-free and awesome, as that is more likely to attract new users to Plex and give them a good impression.

• SwoodleSwoodle Posts: 86Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

I can watch all my movies and tv shows on my Sammy without using another PC or different device. That's all I really wanted so am in no hurry for the next release. Now when I was waiting for the 2012 build to come out, well that was a ichy wait. 

• OrcaOrca Plex for Samsung Developer Posts: 7,381Members, Plex Pass, Plex Ninja Plex Ninja

Most issues are fixed, still got some minor issues to take care off, but I expect I can round them up this week if my job will let me.

I introduced a new request queuing system, that should help with eliminating the time-out errors that the Q&A team were getting on some models.

They run multiple tests on the same server I suppose which makes them slower as normal. I saw a more responsive application after the fix, so it looks ok.

Last time I accidentally forgot to submit the app for 2010 (or the site excludes them if you select 2013 devices, not sure)

I will try if I can submit them this time but we might get additional reports for those, since they missed a round.

I have also been busy this week building support for the new transcoder, that was added to the PMS in version 0.9.7.17. 

That will allow us to work with profiles in a xml file (like dlna profiles). Based on the settings in the file your content will be either Direct Played, Direct Streamed or Transcoded.

Although I have the transcoder up and running, it will take too much time to figure out all the details to get this right, so I was planning to push this to a next release.

So sit tight, we are almost ready to give it a go again :)

Have you checked if your answer might be in the User Manual?
    My Samsung environment:

2010 BD-C5500 Blu-Ray,
    2011 UE46D7000 LED-TV,

2012 BD-ES6000 Blu-Ray,

2014 UE55HU8500L UHD LED TV

If you enjoy this free app, you can buy me a beer by making a Donation

Great news!
  • KanashiiKanashii Posts: 86Members ✭✭

Thanks for all you effords to make this app better and better every day.

• maerskmaersk Posts: 146Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass
    Orca thanks for sharing this information with us Samsung users.
    En nu maar hopen dat Samsung groen licht geeft. En bedankt voor al je prachtige werk.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD
  • f00d4tehg0dzf00d4tehg0dz Posts: 19Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

Want to just say thank you for sharing this info with us!

I wouldn't mind if you put the latest build on a dev server for us to connect to/install on our tv's ;)

Just like the unofficial PLEX App was installed before it got on the app store! :)

Fungera crossed
    Fingers crossed
    Iphone autocorrect haha