Welcome to our forums! Please take a few moments to read through our Community Guidelines (also conveniently linked in the header at the top of each page). There, you'll find guidelines on conduct, tips on getting the help you may be searching for, and more!

Broken FLAC Playback

apitelapitel Posts: 6Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass
FLAC playback has been broken on Plex for Windows Phone since I've had it—and is sadly the biggest let-down of my phone. Are there any plans to fix FLAC on the Windows Phone app?

Comments

• killdeerschkilldeersch Posts: 1Members
    Can't believe FLAC playback doesn't work. I thought I was just doing it wrong.

I have to say having my music collection in FLAC has been a major PITA. I am concidering conrverting everything to mp3 and calling it a day. I did a low bandwidth conversion at one point and typically just load that onto my phone, but thought with Plex I could get away from that. guess not.

Is there anything else out there that will stream FLAC to a WP8?
  • KimKabergKimKaberg Posts: 1Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass
    I have the same problem. I'm unable to playback flac in the Plex app on my HTC 8X.
  • jeffmikanjeffmikan Posts: 1Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

Same issue here. MP3's work fine. FLAC doesn't play or transcode.

• blatantsubtextblatantsubtext Posts: 322Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

I think that at the time the app was written, the plex transcoder couldn't do audio-only transcodes. I believe it's since gotten that feature, but I'm not sure if they'd need to update the app or server so that the right audio got pushed. If it's the app, I wouldn't expect an update anytime soon. With everything moving to Win8/WP8, WP7 support is going by the wayside for all apps, not just Plex.

• SiotoSioto Posts: 2Members ✭✭

+1

• JenkTJ27JenkTJ27 Posts: 40Members

FLAC works through the Desktop browser on my 928.  Not sure if it was transcoding.  Will check. If it wasn't, then that would mean WP8 supports FLAC natively or the PlexWeb app supports it?

• geblagebla Posts: 3Members

Another +1, working in my browser not with the app. I need FLAC please. Should be easy to switch.

• geblagebla Posts: 3Members
    Hi Plex team, can you please update us? Can you please update the app to suppprt flac transcoding similar to the browser support??it is really silent here.