If you have not already, we suggest setting your Plex username to something else rather than email which is displayed on your posts in forum. You can change the username at https://app.plex.tv/desktop#!/account
Welcome to our forums! Please take a few moments to read through our Community Guidelines (also conveniently linked in the header at the top of each page). There, you'll find guidelines on conduct, tips on getting the help you may be searching for, and more!

Layout issues

Post all aesthetic layout bugs here (with screenshots if possible)
In the picture I attached, upon locking the N7 while it was playing / finished playing a video and then unlocking it, the playback controls are hidden underneath the on screen buttons. Reproduced easily. Can only be fixed by force closing the app and launching it again. Device is locked to portrait mode fwiw.

Also I would like an option to increase the font size of episode + movie summary on the Nexus 7.

Also please use this thread for posting all issues related to visual bugs.
Currently using an iPhone 4S on iOS 6.1.1, iPad 3rd Gen Wifi + Cellular running 6.1, Nexus 7 8GB on 4.2.2 running kepler.

Comments

• claytronclaytron Posts: 35Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass
    Landscape album art

When playing music on my Nexus S (CM 10.0), the album art is very small. Looks fine in portrait.

[attachment=15124:now-playing-landscape.png]

all-thin-banner@2x.jpg

Mac Mini 2.4GHz Core 2 Duo, 4GB RAM, 10.6.8, LaCie 5 Big Network 2 15TB
    Pioneer VSX-1121, Klipsch RF-62 II, RC-62 II, Polk R1, Samsung 55" UN55B8000
    BDI Mirage 8227-2, Arena TV Mount
    Nexus 5, ">Nexus S CM 10, Nexus 10

Storage Slider Help Text

On my Nexus S (CM 10.0), the storage limit slider description text and current size overlap.

[attachment=15129:portrait-space-slider.png]

all-thin-banner@2x.jpg

• IanDBirdIanDBird Plex Employee Posts: 2,295Members, Plex Employee, Plex Pass, Plex Ninja Plex Employee
    Really appreciate these screenshots, makes it nice and easy to see what's going on :) If you see any others, please add details and we can hopefully squash soon.

Ian
    Setting Cutoff

When playing a movie on my Nexus S (CM 10.0), the button for the movie settings is cutoff

[attachment=15130:movie-settings.png]

all-thin-banner@2x.jpg

• JaybuzJaybuz Posts: 40Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass
    edited February 2013
    This isn't a bug but I really think the portrait movie details view space could be used more effectively on 7"+ tablets. I suggest having the description to the right and the meta info underneath the poster maybe.
    There's a very minor 1px gap between the slide title border and the horizontal border on my Nexus 7. Yes, this is super minor but every little counts, right?

IMG_20130216_194538.JPG

It looks perfect on my Nexus 4 by the way.
  • rvanscherpervanscherpe Posts: 2Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass
    Is there a folder view option anywhere? I use that a lot, especially when I'm looking at my personal home videos.

Thanks!
  • jooprzoljooprzol Posts: 5Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass
    Not a layout issue, per se, but UI suggestions that would improve the layout, IMO.
    The status/notification bar icon should be a light grey color, instead of the full color plex icon. This integrates with the general look of android's Holo UI, and creates a more professional look.

The plex notification in the notification drawer should include playback controls to coordinate and complement the lockscreen controls.

Also, it would be beneficial to be able to be able to long-press any video, channel, artist, album, etc and get different playback/settings/maintenance options.
    For example, I'm trying to uninstall the homestarrunner channel on my device, but there's no immediately intuitive way to do this. I imagine that a long press on the channel to bring up a menu with that and other options would be the easiest and most elegant approach. I also don't see the more channels option as is present in the older non-beta app, so it could very well be functionality that's just not coded in yet but on it's way. In that case, nevermind this paragraph. :-)

Beyond that, I'm definitely enjoying the responsiveness of the new app.
    jooprzol wrote:

The plex notification in the notification drawer should include playback controls to coordinate and complement the lockscreen controls.

+1, I had suggested now playing notification controls over here: http://forums.plexap...music-controls/

all-thin-banner@2x.jpg

• jbaruch76jbaruch76 Posts: 82Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass
    edited February 2013
    Screenshot_2013-02-18-22-45-07.png

check out the running time. it is fine in portrait mode.

edit: i just saw it is even worse when it is unwatched. (sorry they are so big, not sure how to resize it)
    Screenshot_2013-02-18-22-49-09.png
  • elanelan CTO and Co-founder MauiPosts: 9,392Members, Plex Employee, Plex Pass, Plex Ninja Plex Employee
    edited February 2013
    Working on improved music notifications.

[attachment=15227:image.jpg]

instagram: @elan // the wife's photography site.
    the brother's photography blog // the dog's twitter feed.

UI Suggestion:

Change the Refresh popup to a progress spinner in place of the refresh button when pressed and then display a toast when the refresh is complete as is currently done. The popup is pretty ugly and unnecessary imo.

Here's a mockup:

plex-refresh-progress-spinner.jpg
  • itspecificitspecific Posts: 15Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass
    When in landscape mode, I am unable to see and scroll through the list of songs in an album. This works fine in portrait. I am using a HTC Rezound (Vigor) - Android 4.0.3.

Portrait:
    kmN7tLN.jpg

Landscape:
    RDvdHLv.jpg

BTW, thanks for fixing the music playback crash for earlier platforms :) - been using it all day!
  • r3dlink13r3dlink13 Posts: 33Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass
    When playing a video (streaming) on my Galaxy Nexus, I will frequently notice the following behavior with the Now Playing controls:
    When tapping the screen to hide the controls, they will often flick back on at a lower opacity, even though it had successfully completed the fade. Subsequent taps will repeat the problem until it finally fades entirely. It can take anywhere from three to five taps to hide the UI. I have assembled a gif to demonstrate, which hopefully gets the idea across.

Occasionally, but more rarely, similar behavior is observed when opening the controls, though usually it's a half fade in before it quickly hides again. A second tap will bring it up properly.

NowPlaying.gif

Let me know if more information is needed.

WINDOWS 8.1 x64 | 3.4GHz CORE i7-3770 | RADEON HD 7970 ::: 15" MACBOOK PRO 2007 | 2.4GHz CORE 2 DUO
     NEXUS 5 ::: NEXUS 7 2013
    LIFETIME PLEXPASS

Zhearts.png

• elanelan CTO and Co-founder MauiPosts: 9,392Members, Plex Employee, Plex Pass, Plex Ninja Plex Employee
    r3dlink13 wrote:

I have assembled a gif to demonstrate, which hopefully gets the idea across.

Fascinating, and you win the award for the first person ever to assemble an animated GIF to show a bug. You, sir, are awesome.

instagram: @elan // the wife's photography site.
    the brother's photography blog // the dog's twitter feed.

• r3dlink13r3dlink13 Posts: 33Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass
    elan wrote:

Fascinating, and you win the award for the first person ever to assemble an animated GIF to show a bug. You, sir, are awesome.

I had some free time. Or rather, couldn't fall asleep because of a caffeine shot I took later than I should have.
    Had actually hoped to submit video but couldn't find a way to capture it on my GNex. Maybe a top-down would've worked just as well, but it wouldn't have been as much fun.

WINDOWS 8.1 x64 | 3.4GHz CORE i7-3770 | RADEON HD 7970 ::: 15" MACBOOK PRO 2007 | 2.4GHz CORE 2 DUO
     NEXUS 5 ::: NEXUS 7 2013
    LIFETIME PLEXPASS

Zhearts.png

• marcelmemarcelme Posts: 41Members, Plex Pass
    Hello elan,

since you seem to have some progress on the "music notification bar" me and quite a few other people would probably love to see more screenshot in the corresponding thread ;)

I found the problem that claymore described. Because of that I will only quote him and provide you with a nice german screenshot:
    On my Razr I (4.1.2), the storage limit slider description text and current size overlap.

PMS Preview Release | Ubuntu 12.04 | Proxmox CT
    XT890 4.1.2 | Kepler
    Nexus7 4.2.2 |
    Windows PMC | Plex/Web | LG LM760S

• efnatsefnats Posts: 9Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass
    edited March 2013

Him I'm running Plex for Android V2.9.22 on Imito MX1 and getting this result: Ascpect ratio is wrong. Seem not to be able to find a way to fix this. The previous version works fine. Server version is 0.9.7.13

Cheers, Stefan

EDIT: Resolved. See http://forums.plexapp.com/index.php/topic/61177-all-video-displayed-as-43/

• TymanthiusTymanthius Posts: 221Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass
    Not a bug, but a request.

Would love to be able to set font size of show titles, descriptions, etc. all over the app. This would probably be a settings preference.

My wife is blind (I didn't say that!) and even I have trouble sometimes.
  • zawsarzawsar Posts: 10Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass
    nafets76 wrote on February 23 2013, 2:33 PM: »

Him I'm running Plex for Android V2.9.22 on Imito MX1 and getting this result: Ascpect ratio is wrong. Seem not to be able to find a way to fix this. The previous version works fine. Server version is 0.9.7.13

Cheers, Stefan

I have the same problem with a MK 802 IIIs

the ratio its wrong on all the video files