Welcome to our forums! Please take a few moments to read through our Community Guidelines (also conveniently linked in the header at the top of each page). There, you'll find guidelines on conduct, tips on getting the help you may be searching for, and more!

Please help us localize the app!

elanelan CTO and Co-founderMauiMembers, Plex Employee, Plex Pass, Plex Ninja Posts: 9,317 Plex Employee
edited July 2015 in Android (mobile)
Help Kepler learn new languages
We've got a number of translations already, thanks to you all :)

Visit http://www.getlocalization.com/plexandroid/ to add more, and thanks in advance!

Comments

• tomasswoodtomasswood Members, Plex Pass Posts: 132 Plex Pass
    Localise* --- English-AU/UK! :)
  • BrackoNeBrackoNe Members, Plex Pass Posts: 63 Plex Pass

I have updated Serbian translation.

• elanelan CTO and Co-founder MauiMembers, Plex Employee, Plex Pass, Plex Ninja Posts: 9,317 Plex Employee
    Thanks so much!
  • neckarosneckaros Members, Plex Pass Posts: 252 Plex Pass
    Done for French! Nice being able to help even just a little bit :-)
  • freudefreude Members, Plex Pass Posts: 27 Plex Pass

German finished.

• elanelan CTO and Co-founder MauiMembers, Plex Employee, Plex Pass, Plex Ninja Posts: 9,317 Plex Employee
    Thank you! We will pull updated strings for the next release. Happy Easter!
  • hoogerbeetshoogerbeets Members, Plex Pass Posts: 3 Plex Pass

Dutch finished.

Sweet, thanks :)
  • jensujensu Members, Plex Pass Posts: 101 Plex Pass

@ freunde

freude wrote on March 31 2013, 10:35 AM: »

German finished.

I've found two typos.

If you go offline it says "<Servername> verschwanden", it should be "<Servername> verschwunden"

And default name of my device is "Meine Nexus 4", should be "Mein Nexus 4".

jensu wrote on April 4 2013, 9:16 AM: »

@ freunde

I've found two typos.

If you go offline it says "<Servername> verschwanden", it should be "<Servername> verschwunden"

And default name of my device is "Meine Nexus 4", should be "Mein Nexus 4".houg

Even though it wasn´t me who made the typos i found and corrected them,

I only added the missing translations and haven´t had time to correct them
    all. Also I´m fairly sure my english skills aren´t the best and there will be many

typos or just plain wrong translations submitted by me.

I am currently traveling but as soon i get home i will take a look into them.

I appreciate your help but I´d like to suggest you to create an account

yourself to correct wrong translations and upvote right ones.

sincerely freude

• jensujensu Members, Plex Pass Posts: 101 Plex Pass
    edited April 2013
    Hi freude,
    freude wrote on April 7 2013, 12:39 PM: »

Even though it wasn´t me who made the typos i found and corrected them,

I only read "German finished" and assumed you did all the work :)
    Thx for correcting these typos!

I appreciate your help but I´d like to suggest you to create an account
    yourself to correct wrong translations and upvote right ones.

ok, next time I find something I'll take the time to do myself.

Cheers,
    Jens
  • zionmizzionmiz Members, Plex Pass Posts: 1

Hebrew Finished !

is there a way to check it in the App itself ?

I'm sure once I see the whole translation inside the App I'll have a lot of corrections to make.

Zion.

• GyranGyran Members, Plex Pass Posts: 53 Plex Pass

Finished the last strings for Swedish.

edited June 2013

I´ve got a question for the german translation in general. (No idea if in other languages it is similar)

In german the word you can be translated into two different words: Sie and du

Sie is the more formal version of du and is normally considered more polite and for someone you don´t know well.

Du is the every day version which you will use while speaking to friends, family or younger children.

So my question is:

Do you want a formal translation which would be appropriate at work or the informal translation used with friends?

Hope I could make the difference clear and it´s not a big deal but just thought it should be one way to translate it
    because right now it´s a mix of both.

sincerely freude

• MrWorfMrWorf Members, Plex Pass Posts: 99 Plex Pass
    freude wrote on June 9 2013, 10:13 AM: »

I´ve got a question for the german translation in general. (No idea if in other languages it is similar)

In german the word you can be translated into two different words: Sie and du

Sie is the more formal version of du and is normally considered more polite and for someone you don´t know well.

Du is the every day version which you will use while speaking to friends, family or younger children.

So my question is:

Do you want a formal translation which would be appropriate at work or the informal translation used with friends?

Hope I could make the difference clear and it´s not a big deal but just thought it should be one way to translate it
    because right now it´s a mix of both.

sincerely freude

I think that most devices I've used which come with german always use the formal one, because that's the only one which can be assumed to be correct in all situations. Japanese also has the formal, informal and neutral (?) I believe and you always use formal if you're not close friends.

Alternatively, allow the user two version of german, one for getting to know it and one for when you're used to it ;)

But seriously, I think (from my experience) that you should stick to the formal version of german.

My $0.05

• zindozszindozs Members, Plex Pass Posts: 1 Plex Pass
    neckaros wrote on March 30 2013, 9:22 PM: »

Done for French! Nice being able to help even just a little bit :-)

Ok for me too.If you want some help for a french translation, it's ok for me ;o)
  • wouterkitszwouterkitsz Members Posts: 15 ✭✭
    HarroH wrote on April 2 2013, 7:15 AM: »

Dutch finished.

Updated and added a few translations and voted on some. Michiel and Driekes have already done a good job!

• bill97385bill97385 Members, Plex Pass Posts: 5 Plex Pass

Done for Chinese(Taiwan)

• TonycoTonyco Members, Plex Pass Posts: 20 ✭✭
    edited January 2014

I do the Bulgarian translation. I think after application with translation is ready I need to test it and change some of the meanings. 

• eroticaerotica Members Posts: 1
    edited April 2014
    Maybe not right place, but could someone fix problems with croatian and serbian subtitles when letter č,ć and đ not displayed correctly, as on android players as on windows pc. Please fix this. Thanx

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk