Welcome to our forums! Please take a few moments to read through our Community Guidelines (also conveniently linked in the header at the top of each page). There, you'll find guidelines on conduct, tips on getting the help you may be searching for, and more!

reFocus Big - Plex HT port release

jcasterajcastera Members, Plex Pass Posts: 109 Plex Pass
edited September 2014 in Refocus

Hi,

I started working on this port because I wanted to learn skinning, and because I wanted a decent skin to run on my Plex HT box. The skin is fully functional, although not everything was extensively tested. In order to get some things to work, I shamelessy ripped some of se.bastian and Sandman4sure's excellent code and artwork, and I hope they won't mind this release, else I'll take it down. In order for the skin to run smoothly, please disable all extrafanart, logo, clear art, until I finishing cleaning up the menus. I'm also not sure I cleaned up all the visible comditions for the OSDs, so please ensure you enable those in the settings.

A lot of the code in there is hacked together, and maybe one day I will do a full rewrite. On the home screen, do left to access Search, and right to access On Deck/Recently Added (Need to put in the indicator for that). I think this should work with Martin's excellent PlexPVR, but I don' have the hardware to test. He did test an earlier version, and said the Live TV stuff worked well enough. Download link is below:

PS. This is a 1:1 port of the XBMC version, hence the size of the download, this includes 17 themes.

https://github.com/j...focusbig-master

UPDATE: 27/07/2014

Started making some changes to the skin, both to fix issues reported in this thread and incorporate new functionality.  All changes are posted to the github repo.  Much of it still work in progress, but I expect frequent updates in the coming days.

Changes:

Home Screen:

• Home menu now has a submenu accessed by pressing Left
  • Sub Menu has Settings, Quit, and Plex Online
  • As a result, Search is moved to the Main Home menu
  • There is now an indicator showing the accessed PMS.  This label is placed on the top left corner (Next to the navigation indicator), and can be turned on/off in Settings.

Various Other Changes:

• No more filter menu when entering media sections
  • Preliminary implementation of Preplay.  Need to work on presentation, and make all buttons active.  Only Play button works ATM. Also trying to implement a toggle for replay that would allow to turn it off.
  • Cleaned up item count on the various views
  • Changed the font of the media titles to match Home Menu.

Todo:

• Fix support for Play Queue and Shared Content in Home screen.
  • Finish Preplay screen. Might need help for graphic design
  • Fix Preplay for TV episodes.
  • Implement Filters and Fix current reFocus left side menu in views
  • OSD in in desperate need of a refresh. Need help from someone to design new graphics.
  • Fix MPAA ratings
  • Fix TV Show titles not displayed in some views
  • Fix List views (Overlay not covering entire list item, resulting in poor transparency effect)
  • Incorporate new views (Big and Small Icon view)
  • Look at bringing back extra frank and logo support

Comments

• yakumoyakumo Members, Plex Pass, Plex Ninja Posts: 1,093 Plex Ninja
    edited September 2014
    jcastera wrote on February 24 2013, 10:34 PM: »

Hi,

I started working on this port because I wanted to learn skinning, and because I wanted a decent skin to run on my Plex HT box. The skin is fully functional, although not everything was extensively tested. In order to get some things to work, I shamelessy ripped some of se.bastian and Sandman4sure's excellent code and artwork, and I hope they won't mind this release, else I'll take it down. In order for the skin to run smoothly, please disable all extrafanart, logo, clear art, until I finishing cleaning up the menus. I'm also not sure I cleaned up all the visible comditions for the OSDs, so please ensure you enable those in the settings.

A lot of the code in there is hacked together, and maybe one day I will do a full rewrite. On the home screen, do left to access Search, and right to access On Deck/Recently Added (Need to put in the indicator for that). I think this should work with Martin's excellent PlexPVR, but I don' have the hardware to test. He did test an earlier version, and said the Live TV stuff worked well enough. Download link is below:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/6k4mrzdbt8c4lop/skin-refocusbig-master.zip

PS. This is a 1:1 port of the XBMC version, hence the size of the download, this includes 17 themes.

Great work. However there is this anoying text at the top debug text?
    also I can't find the tvmenu?
    I see it in settings but not in main menu.
  • jcasterajcastera Members, Plex Pass Posts: 109 Plex Pass
    edited February 2013
    MoxZ wrote:

Great work. However there is this anoying thext at the top debug text?
    also I acnt find the tv menu?
    I see it in the settings but not in main menu,

Please use the attached files to correct both issues. I'll update the download. Thanks.
    edited February 2013
    jcastera wrote:

Please use the attached files to correct both issues. I'll update the download. Thanks.

Thanks =)
    I tsted the skin a little before went to bed last night and mygood It is so stable contra aeon.nox skin under linux so it is not even a fair game =)

Edit*
    To things How do I quit ? Is it hidden or am I stupid?
    Second when you have many sections in PMS like I have the menue becomes to long so you can't actually see whats is below your marker (my marker is below section music) as soon as you are at the end of the screen here is a pic that shows it
    MoxZ wrote:

Thanks =)
    I tsted the skin a little before went to bed last night and mygood It is so stable contra aeon.nox skin under linux so it is not even a fair game =)

Edit*
    Second when you have many sections in PMS like I have the menue becomes to long so you can't actually see whats is below your marker (my marker is below section music) as soon as you are at the end of the screen here is a pic that shows it

Ha Ha, you're not stupid, I'm the stupid one. I thought about the super long home menu scenario, and then forgot to make changes necessary. The Quit menu is also an "oversight", I never use it... I'll fix both issues later today...In regards to Aeon Nox, I had told El Massman that I woudl take it over, but I want this one to be finished first.

--JM
    MoxZ wrote:

Thanks =)

Edit*

Ha Ha, you're not stupid, I'm the stupid one. I thought about the super long home menu scenario, and then forgot to make changes necessary. The Quit menu is also an "oversight", I never use it... I'll fix both issues later today...In regards to Aeon Nox, I had told El Massman that I woudl take it over, but I want this one to be finished first.

--JM
    jcastera wrote:

--JM

Great looking forward to your fixes and patches =)
  • smacrae1970smacrae1970 Members, Plex Pass Posts: 432 Plex Pass
    edited February 2013
    Really enjoying your skin JM....just something I noticed...there is no LiveTV turn on/off in the Settings. Basically I use the default XBMC skin to enable it and then switch to your skin. It would be nice to have the enable/disable within your skin.

Also, when I first saw you link this skin in the PlexPVR thread I requested the a few things, I still think the following would be nice:

• The text is of a size in the TV Guide that some programs are bunched up so much that they are unreadable sometimes (particularly kids programs that might only run for 10mins at a time), maybe a setting to adjust the amount of time in the timeline to suit peoples preference?
    • The is no little red circle/flag in the timeline grid view on programs that are set to record
    • TV Channel logos don't display in the Timeline EPG, seem to work find in other skins (also notice that work in Channel View on your skin)

Bug

I notice one other little bug, when entering Live TV off of the main menu the sub-menus (Channels, Radio, EPG, Recordings, Timers, Search) are all so light that one can hardly see them...nearly invisible. Would be good if they could be darker (see attached screen shot).

Request
    On a personal request, how would I enable the OnDeck/Recently Added to be expanded as a default on Movies, TV Shows, Music rather than right select to have them visible? (Good for my wife/child to use this way if possible?)?

Thanks again for your hard-work on the skin, it's really very good.

Hi,

Thank you for the kind words.  I've had to drop off the map for a couple of days due to work, but still working actively on the skin.  I'll look at all the requested changes and bugs above, and do my best to fix or accommodate. I'm aiming to release a new version this weekend.

Great, thanks JM....  :)

• lock571lock571 Members, Plex Pass Posts: 325 Plex Pass

Very excited about this! This has always been my favorite XBMC skin.

• IsmeldaIsmelda Plex Ninja Members, Plex Pass, Plex Ninja Posts: 1,052 Plex Ninja

Thanks a lot for this! Works like a charm as far I can tell.

• gardnerngardnern Members, Plex Pass Posts: 43 Plex Pass

For the Live TV interaction there doesn't currently appear to be a way to activate the PVR plug-ins.  It woks once one is activated (such as with using Aeon Nox under Setings ->Add-ons).  It is convenient to have as with everything being in beta I end up turning it off from time to time.

Otherwise beautiful skin, extremely functional and efficient with a lot of color options.

• cranchcranch Members, Plex Pass Posts: 73 Plex Pass
    edited February 2013

Can't wait to try this!

Hi JM,

In addition to the other requests, sorry if they're too many, however would it be possible to add the 'panel view' to main list in Movies and TV Shows? This type of view is so much quicker with large library collections....

Thanks

• IsmeldaIsmelda Plex Ninja Members, Plex Pass, Plex Ninja Posts: 1,052 Plex Ninja

It seems there is no way to quit Plex. Or am I blind or something?

• talistotalisto Members, Plex Pass Posts: 55 Plex Pass

Awesome work so far!  It would be great to put this on a git repository (github) so that we can pull updates easier and (ideally) submit patches/fixes to be merged in.

• dekinseattledekinseattle Members, Plex Pass Posts: 32 Plex Pass

appreciate the work 

one slight hold up for me with using this is the main menu list is 1 single option too long 

I end up not seeing the title of menu option I'm on - but otherwise I really like this skin option

edited March 2013

How's the updates going JM? Like any testers?

• tubtoytubtoy Members Posts: 6 ✭✭

Great work! 

A couple of things. Fanart isn't displayed in Movie/Tv when using Big List view. I think it might be because of the themes?

Also the poster isn't displayed in the OSD. Will there be an option to hide/show items on the home menu? The list is a little long for my liking. 

Other than these small things, the skin looks/works great! 

I believe in the original of ReFocus Big one had 'thumbs' as a choice for listing Movies/TV Shows....not as nice as "Panel" view from say MediaStream but much easier to navigate for people with a ton of media....

Would it be possible to have one of the above?