Welcome to our forums! Please take a few moments to read through our Community Guidelines (also conveniently linked in the header at the top of each page). There, you'll find guidelines on conduct, tips on getting the help you may be searching for, and more!

Kepler Wish List - Take 2

ideanidean Members, Plex Pass Posts: 73 Plex Pass
edited July 2015 in Android (mobile)

Since the original Kepler Wish List topic started and managed by Therockie20 (Thank you!) has gotten so busy and full, I'd like to try a community-owned UserVoice account to manage feature requests and voting.

I have Elan's blessing to give this a try, but please remember, this is an experiment and is not being done by our Plexians.  Any problems are strictly my fault.

That said, if you have a feature request you'd like to add or would like to vote on, it works like this:

1. Visit http://kepleradvocate.uservoice.com/forums/196188-general
  2. Use the Search bar to see if someone else has already submitted it
  3. If it exists, vote for it!  You have 10 votes to spread out over different requests.
  4. If it doesn't exist, create it.  Give it a nice short, search-friendly name.  Fill in some details.  Then vote for it.

You can either create an account or authenticate with Google or Facebook.  I think that's only required to create new requests, not to vote... I think.

I use this free service for my own Android app, it does a nice job of managing feature requests and voting.

Note:  Although there is a "Contact Support" link, remember that this is not run by the Plexians!

Tagged:

Comments

• brownStickbrownStick Members, Plex Pass Posts: 7 Plex Pass

Good call  ^_^

• pirpir Members, Plex Pass Posts: 21

I tried to log into the wish list with my google account and it won't let me vote: "We couldn't submit your vote at this time."

• ideanidean Members, Plex Pass Posts: 73 Plex Pass
    pir wrote on March 8 2013, 7:08 PM: »

I tried to log into the wish list with my google account and it won't let me vote: "We couldn't submit your vote at this time."

I've seen that happen when you're not logged into Google.  Try opening Gmail in another window or tab.  If that doesn't help, open a ticket with UserVoice support using the Contact Us link on http://www.uservoice.com 

• BellicusBellicus Members, Plex Pass Posts: 79 Plex Pass

Greetings

Is is possible to get a Quit Plex Option in the settings tab?

Reason for this is that on a device like a kindle fire, when you exit the application it does not fully close it (runs in the background),

Which means that it does not initialize the syncing properly until i manually force the application to close and then reload it.

To force the program to manually close i have to venture into the settings, and in a nutshell it is laborious.

Or if we could get an option in the setting to exit Plex fully rather than keeping it in the background?

Bellicus

Just an update, it seems the Uservoice system is holding up pretty well for managing feature requests:

"There were 607 visits to your account in the last 30 days, 50 ideas posted, and 171 active users."

Keep those ideas and those votes coming!

And Plex crew, we can mark those ideas as "Under Review", "Planned", "Started", "Completed", or "Declined".  Just let me know!

Newest ideas: 

Voting status sorted by votes:

Marked 2 suggestions Closed, returning your votes to you to distribute elsewhere.

Marked 3 ideas planned, 1 "under review".

50 suggestions left to go.

Corrections welcome!

Updated a bunch of Suggestions in the Uservoice tool due to the latest release.

http://forums.plexapp.com/index.php/topic/60585-plex-for-android-kepler/#entry382055

Time to go update your votes!

If a feature has been marked Completed, you have votes returned to you to be reallocated.

If I've marked it as Started, and you agree, you can probably safely move your votes to unimplemented suggestions.

Added a quick poll to this topic to gauge whether my time spent managing this topic is being effectively used.

Measurement is a good thing.

• RenatRenat Members, Plex Pass Posts: 19 Plex Pass
    Please Add IR remote control play/pause support

Using TV sticks or other android device without IR support is rather uncomfortable. 
    It will be wonderfull if Plex supports IR key during playing: Play, Pause, Stop, Rewind, FastForward.

Here is key codes tacken with KeynrTracker.apk for "Minix X5":

Play/Pause - 402 
    Next - 88 
    Prev - 87 
    FastForward - 68 
    Rewind - 67 

Stop - 66 

Please let me know if any Suggestions should be marked as Closed.  

• marcelmemarcelme Members, Plex Pass Posts: 41
    Maybe someone wants to post my ideal.
    There should be a device id for each device. That way if you reset your device it won't show up twice in Plex web and Sync settings can be used again instead of me having to Set all of them again. Device id could be based on imei or Mac Adress.

The default name for New Devices should not be "my nexus7" But "marcelme's nexus7"

Gesendet von meinem XT890 mit Tapatalk 2

Now that Plex for Android is out of Beta, there's a simple question:

Is there any reason for me to maintain the UserVoice account?  Is anyone at PLEX even still looking at the wealth of data on it?

Options:

1. Retire account, destroying all data.
    2. PLEX takes over account, possibly expanding to all other tools to better gather user interest in specific features.

Ideas sorted by number of votes:

http://kepleradvocate.uservoice.com/forums/196188-general/filters/top

Ideas sorted new to old:

https://kepleradvocate.uservoice.com/forums/196188-general/filters/new

(Note: due to the limitation of the free version of the uservoice account, I could not combine Ideas when they should have been combined.  I also didn't update every single Idea when it was completed...)

• EideenEideen Members, Plex Pass Posts: 71 Plex Pass
    Debug mode when doing playback. That shows network speed, network activity, buffer, fps and bitrate,.

Sent from my Nexus 10 using Tapatalk 2

• ProbadroidProbadroid Members, Plex Pass Posts: 20 Plex Pass
    Probadroid wrote on August 30 2013, 5:41 PM: »

Sorry if someone wrote it before,

but iOS versions have a preffered option to disable sections, like:
    Channels, My folder, On deck etc.

It will be good to have only the Shared Contents after running the app. with this solution (able to turn off the sections I want).

• TeknologicTeknologic Members Posts: 6
    edited April 2014
    Is this maintained or still relevant in any way? It seems like a really good way to aggregate user input but if staff isn't looking at it there is of course no use in contributing.

Regardless, I made a suggestion. I was just wondering if I should maybe duplicate it as a new thread on here, if suggestions are still welcomed.
    Teknologic wrote on April 6 2014, 5:55 AM: »

Is this maintained or still relevant in any way? It seems like a really good way to aggregate user input but if staff isn't looking at it there is of course no use in contributing.

Regardless, I made a suggestion. I was just wondering if I should maybe duplicate it as a new thread on here, if suggestions are still welcomed.

I was told they are looking at it, but I'd still post any suggestions to the forum as well - with a link back to the Uservoice page so people can vote directly for it.

• mark8mark8 Members, Plex Pass Posts: 45 Plex Pass
    Lock Screen Player Nexus 5

When I uplug my linein/headphone jack after pausing music it closes the lockscreen player. It would be perfect if the player stays locked so I can resume from the lockscreen when switching over my headphone/line jack. Cheers.

http://kepleradvocate.uservoice.com/forums/196188-general/suggestions/5960976-lock-screen-player-nexus-5

• RadRacer513RadRacer513 Members Posts: 6
    http://kepleradvocate.uservoice.com/forums/196188-general/suggestions/5390099-audio-passthrough-during-playback-using-headphone

This would be awesome. You'd essentially mimic the Roku 3 and allow a "quiet mode" where the audio goes through a portable device (phone, tablet, etc) yet the video is shown through Plex Home Theater

Sent from my LG-LS980 using Tapatalk
  • h3rmanh3rman Members, Plex Pass Posts: 3 Plex Pass

http://kepleradvocate.uservoice.com/forums/196188-general/suggestions/6747174-android-wear-controller

I would love to be able to control the plex from Android Wear (I love my new Moto 360)