If you have not already, we suggest setting your Plex username to something else rather than email which is displayed on your posts in forum. You can change the username at https://app.plex.tv/desktop#!/account
Welcome to our forums! Please take a few moments to read through our Community Guidelines (also conveniently linked in the header at the top of each page). There, you'll find guidelines on conduct, tips on getting the help you may be searching for, and more!

how do i use recommendations

2»

Comments

• theraccoonbeartheraccoonbear Posts: 7Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

I'd like to also throw the weight of my Plex Pass behind this feature request. This really shouldn't be too hard to do.

• MARCCHAMMARCCHAM Posts: 6Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

The recommend feature only works from Watch Later, I don't use Watch Later.
    I would like to be able recommend whatever I have in my library to friends.

• iv-tecmaniv-tecman Posts: 56Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

I simply cannot believe how broken the recommendation and watch later system is.

I'm using PMP 2.0 and thought, hang on watch later and recommended is at the bottom of the screen, I'll add some top rated stuff for the family to see. Yeah, useless feature. I can't add movies from my own library to either recommended or watch later. Watch later only works with the plex it bookmark which seems to be youtube or vimeo videos.

• JohanSFJohanSF Posts: 6Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

Please, dear Plex Gods, give us this feature.

• zaleenzaleen Posts: 6Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

I found the official feature request for this one, please go to this page and click like on the original post so we can get it fixed/implemented!

http://forums.plex.tv/discussion/134288/recommend-server-content-not-just-queued/p1

• Admin9705Admin9705 Posts: 214Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

I'll be honest, I've used plex for many years and never understood it's purpose. I thought it would relate to some type of videos that you watched, even nowdays; some type of machine learning that would maybe assist. I would always see it blank and never bothered with it. It's not just you.

Visit: http://PLEXGuide.com - Automations Made Simple

• Deploy Plex Server with Automated Tools using Ansible & Docker Deployment
    • Mount G-Drive via Ubuntu for unlimited storage, 0 API Bans, automated uploading and through guides
    • Deploys PlexDrive, RClone, UnionFS, and a Reverse Proxy for ease of use
    • Deploy Plex, Sonarr, Radarr, Medusa, RuTorrent, Deluge, NetData, Emby, NZBGET, NZBHydra, SAB, Ombiv3 & Tautulli
  • adamchadwickadamchadwick Posts: 6Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

I share my music library with a few friends, including one named Bobbie. WHY IN THE WORLD can't I just tap-n-hold on a song or album (or artist, for that matter) and just say "Recommend" to "Bobbie"? C'mon, developers!! Music is truly alive when it is a shared experience. PLEASE STOP MUCKING THIS UP.

• captdragoncaptdragon Posts: 3Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

Please add this feature to the web client and android! I just want to recommend shows to my friends.

2»