If you have not already, we suggest setting your Plex username to something else rather than email which is displayed on your posts in forum. You can change the username at https://app.plex.tv/desktop#!/account
Welcome to our forums! Please take a few moments to read through our Community Guidelines (also conveniently linked in the header at the top of each page). There, you'll find guidelines on conduct, tips on getting the help you may be searching for, and more!

Will rasplex be available as binary?

CptanPanicCptanPanic Posts: 33Members ✭✭
I currently use rasbmc, and wonder if I can just try out rasplex as a binary instead of the whole distribution? Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 2

Comments

• dale.hameldale.hamel Plex Ninja Posts: 369Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass
    CptanPanic wrote on March 12 2013, 6:57 PM: »

I currently use rasbmc, and wonder if I can just try out rasplex as a binary instead of the whole distribution? Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 2

We will be releasing it as a .deb file and have a raspbian port, but currently are focused on OpenELEC for performance reasons, and to provide a consistent platform.

Expect a deb within the next few months. You probably won't be able to install it inside of raspbmc easily anyways though, I'm not totally sure how Sam has built it.

• CinderwolfCinderwolf Posts: 13Members ✭✭

Has this come to fruition yet?

• videotecaCNSUvideotecaCNSU Posts: 368Validating, Plex Pass Plex Pass

no and it will never be release as a package