Hey folks, there is a new Podcast category for forums https://forums.plex.tv/categories/podcasts
If you have not already, we suggest setting your Plex username to something else rather than email which is displayed on your posts in forum. You can change the username at https://app.plex.tv/desktop#!/account
Welcome to our forums! Please take a few moments to read through our Community Guidelines (also conveniently linked in the header at the top of each page). There, you'll find guidelines on conduct, tips on getting the help you may be searching for, and more!

Go back from Search Problem

SkycryerSkycryer Posts: 331Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

Hi,

i think i found a problem with the search page. If i search for something i con not go back to the startmenu. DOes somebody else have the same problem? I use rasplex over CEC and the back button runs fine in other windows, only in search it makes Problems.

My Plex Server
Local Storage: 36TBs
Server: CORE I5-6500 3.20Ghz - 16GB DDR3 Ram - 1333Mhz
Network: Gigabit running through Speedport Router | Internet at 100Mbps/40Mbps 

Media Devices
Raspberry Pi2 (1), iPad (1), iPhone (1), MacBook (1), LG TV (1), Apple TV PlexConnect (1), Chromecast (1), Fire TV Stick (1)

My Plex Scripts
plexMediaIndexFile (php/mysql backup script for Media Index Files)
LocalBifFiles (Plex Scanner for local Media Index Files)

Comments

• shapethelolashapethelola Posts: 387Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

+1

• dprodriguezfdprodriguezf Posts: 9Members

+1, even though I just tried with HDMI CEC, didn't with a keyboard. Maybe it's related

Ive tried without hdmi cec, but without a keyboard. I tried a wmc remote and iR

• LongChairLongChair Plex Dev Team Posts: 698Members, Plex Pass, Plex Ninja Plex Ninja

Yeah i could reproduce this, it seems that the keyboard key which will allow exiting this screen is backspace.

I'm not a skin expert so not sure why we have this specific behaviour on this screen.

Plex Dev Team

• SkycryerSkycryer Posts: 331Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass
    LongChair wrote on April 18 2013, 11:52 AM: »

Yeah i could reproduce this, it seems that the keyboard key which will allow exiting this screen is backspace.

I'm not a skin expert so not sure why we have this specific behaviour on this screen.

I hope someone can change it because it is bad that we can not leave this menu with the same key  with that we can leave the other menus.

My Plex Server

Media Devices
    Raspberry Pi2 (1), iPad (1), iPhone (1), MacBook (1), LG TV (1), Apple TV PlexConnect (1), Chromecast (1), Fire TV Stick (1)

My Plex Scripts

yea, only solution for me is to reboot the pi. Just dont press the search button by accident until thats fixed :P

• SkycryerSkycryer Posts: 331Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass
    shapethelola wrote on April 18 2013, 11:56 AM: »

yea, only solution for me is to reboot the pi. Just dont press the search button by accident until thats fixed :P

Reboot is my solution too but i want to use this function sometimes and do not want to restart   ;)

My Plex Server

Media Devices

My Plex Scripts

• brampeirsbrampeirs Posts: 11Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass
    Same problem here.
  • mdkellynzmdkellynz Posts: 3Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass
    I get this also - I had a look on the rasplex trello project, can't find this as a registered bug.
    How do we get this on the bug list so it gains some focus?
  • dansvarredansvarre Posts: 139Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass
    Why not just use the xbmc Remote App for smartphones and tap "back" instead of rebooting your pi?
  • mdkellynzmdkellynz Posts: 3Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass
    Good point, but it's a bit silly to need to use two different remotes to gain access to a fairly basic feature.
    Isn't the best solution to fix the actual problem? I understand this to be a skin issue? If so, how do we get this in front of someone that can resolve it?