If you have not already, we suggest setting your Plex username to something else rather than email which is displayed on your posts in forum. You can change the username at https://app.plex.tv/desktop#!/account
Welcome to our forums! Please take a few moments to read through our Community Guidelines (also conveniently linked in the header at the top of each page). There, you'll find guidelines on conduct, tips on getting the help you may be searching for, and more!

LOADS of movies NOT matching

stiellerstieller Posts: 42Members
edited May 2013 in macOS/OS X (Mac)

I just had to rebuild my movie collection i deleted my old locations and re-added the folder.. but now about 1000 (yes that many) movies haven't matched.

i have to manually go in and fix incorrect match them !!!!

advice?

there has to be an easier way.

every movie is file named as such: Batman(1989).mkv

The movie database is my primary agent HELP!!!!

Comments

• mmccurdymmccurdy The Official Mike M Posts: 841Members, Plex Employee, Plex Pass, Plex Ninja Plex Employee

Okay.  Take a deep breath.  It seems like they should be matching just fine with TMDB as your primary agent.  Can you provide a log from the matching session where they're not?

~/Logs/PMS Plugin Logs/com.plexapp.agents.thetvdb.log freshly after running a scan..

• stiellerstieller Posts: 42Members

*breathes in

running scan, ill post log after

• loukanikoloukaniko Posts: 21Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass
    edited May 2013

If that doesn't resolve your issue, have you tried an auto renaming tool? All my files are first put into FileBot and renamed.. which is completely customizable.. 

for movies eg. Aliens.1986.Bluray.1080p.x264.DTS.mkv

for tv shows eg. Ancient Aliens - S01E01 - The Evidence 720p.x264.DTS.mkv

Media Naming Guide

never had a major issue..

i cant find the log... is that the correct address?

edited May 2013

my files are named like that.. so why would i need to?

• TrudgeTrudge Gone off to greener pastures.... Posts: 9,360Members ✭✭✭
    stieller2 wrote on May 16 2013, 10:33 AM: »

i cant find the log... is that the correct address?

~/Library/Logs.....

Primary PMS: Ubuntu 13.10, i7-4771, 16GB Ram, Samsung 840 Pro 512GB
    Media Storage: 2 x ReadyNas Pro Business 18TB mounted by NFS to Plex Server
    Desktop Clients: 1 x Windows 7 27", 1 x 15.4 Retina MBP, 2 x17" MBP, 1 x 13" MB, 1 x13" MBA
    Mobile Clients: 2 x iPhone 5s, 3 x iPhone 5, 3 x iPhone 4s, 3 x iPhone 4, 2 x iPad 3, 2 x iPad 2
    Airplay & PlexConnect Targets: 4 x ATV3

found it....

whats the verdict?

any luck?

no solves?

• mmccurdymmccurdy The Official Mike M Posts: 841Members, Plex Employee, Plex Pass, Plex Ninja Plex Employee

Oh hey, sorry, so from the log I don't see any real errors and it seems to be working properly for what's there.  However, if that's the whole log, then it looks like it's doing the initial matching for your movies, but it's not continuing on to do the updating (where it actually downloads and updates the metadata).

I'm not entirely sure what may be causing this, but you can try quitting the Media Server, then deleting System.bundle and Framework.bundle and maybe The-Movie-Database.bundle from your Plug-ins directory, then starting it back up and trying again?

ok did that

still no better

any other suggestions??

as a last resort... how do i do a clean reinstall of plex?

my plex media server has its own icon i have to start up as well as plex... is that normal? 

As a slightly less thermonuclear option, you can try just rebuilding your movies section first.  Remove the section, do a "Clean Bundles" from the main screen "My Library" -> "More" menu, and re-add it.

If you really want to, this command at the command line will do a complete uninstall (quit PMS first):

sudo rm -rf "/Applications/Plex Media Server.app" "~/Library/Application Support/Plex Media Server" "~/Library/LaunchAgents/com.plexapp.mediaserver.plist" "~/Library/Caches/PlexMediaServer" "~/Library/Preferences/com.plexapp.plexmediaserver.plist"

• BDMarshBDMarsh Posts: 6Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

Mine was a problem with TV show metadata not loading.

The following fixed the issue for me:

On Mac OS X plex stores several files in the User Library 

First Quit Plex Media Server (make sure no one in the house may be watching something ;) )

either use Go To Folder and put in ~/Library/Application Support/Plex Media Server/Plug-ins/  , 

or in the go menu, hold down Option, and select Library then browse to the folder

In there delete "Framework.bundle" and "System.bundle"

If the problem only seems to be affecting TV or Movies, then you could also delete the appropriate plug-in (in my case TheTVDB.bundle)

When you start-up Plex Media Server again, it will replace the ones you just deleted.

In my case, this immediately solved the problem with Meta Data not appearing (or downloading, not sure which was the issue)

i just tried both the above..

including deleting movies and re-adding it...

what else could it be??

i discovered the problem- i think

its the movie database.. if you compare its dates that it matches against say IMBD

it has different dates altogether (usually a year off)... or the same movie with two dates (heathers as a e.g.)

Sorry, you're saying TMDB and IMDB have different dates for thousands of movies in your collection?

Can you give me a few examples?  I've only seen this on like two occasions ever.  For all the ones visible in your first screenshot, e.g. TMDB has matching years.

ill screen shot it

but not thousands

i had roughly a 1000 that didn't match but this doesnt cover all of those

as Warm bodies i just added and it wouldnt match

• phunkysaiphunkysai Posts: 1,166Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

I've noticed this happening to me just recently....Jack Reacher got named something funky, and then Side Effects got named "The Bitter Pill." My movie agent was set to freebase (by default, I never messed with this), so I changed to TheMovieDatabase agent and now it seems to be scanning fine...

phunkysai wrote on May 21 2013, 6:47 PM: »

I've noticed this happening to me just recently....Jack Reacher got named something funky, and then Side Effects got named "The Bitter Pill." My movie agent was set to freebase (by default, I never messed with this), so I changed to TheMovieDatabase agent and now it seems to be scanning fine...

For some reason Jack Reacher comes back from Freebase with the title "One Shot" and Side Effects gets called "The Bitter Pill." These are/were both working titles for these films, so it's not totally random, but it is a little odd.  I'll look a bit more into why it's happening and see if there's something we can do about it.