READ BEFORE POSTING
Plex Connect (or "Plex @ aTV - think different…")
We all want the pleasure of Plex on the big screen - in this case driven by an AppleTV, unfortunately:
- There is no App Store for the AppleTV.
- It is not currently possible to jailbreak the AppleTV3
- Only certain firmwares on the AppleTV2 have an untethered jailbreak (the current firmware does not)
- It is not possible to move between AppleTV2 firmwares unless the user has previously used a tool to specifically save unique signatures for their device for each firmware
How does it work?
The basic idea is to:
- re-use a native AppleTV app (by default the 'Trailers' application)
- re-route the Trailers app requests to your Plex Media Server
- re-work the reply to fit into AppleTV's XML communication scheme
- let iOS do the rest
- enjoy Plex on your unmodified AppleTV
PlexConnect Wiki (includes up to date install guides,FAQ and troubleshooting pages): click here
PlexConnect Github page (the ONLY official and trusted download site): click here
How to report an issue (do not private message asking for support or features!): click here
A video of PlexConnect in action by one of our users: here
Plex @ aTV - think different: PlexConnect
-> the missing link between Plex Media Server and your AppleTV - 2 or 3, jailbroken or not.
Wiki: click here
How to report an issue: click here
Github (download the app): click here