Hey folks, there is a new Podcast category for forums https://forums.plex.tv/categories/podcasts
If you have not already, we suggest setting your Plex username to something else rather than email which is displayed on your posts in forum. You can change the username at https://app.plex.tv/desktop#!/account
Welcome to our forums! Please take a few moments to read through our Community Guidelines (also conveniently linked in the header at the top of each page). There, you'll find guidelines on conduct, tips on getting the help you may be searching for, and more!

Rasplex + Panasonic ST50 TV CEC not working

redknight01redknight01 Posts: 31Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

Hi,

I've been told that Rasplex should work with most CEC on TVs allowing me to use my TVs remote rather than buying an IR receiver etc to plug into the Pi. Unfortunately for me though this doesn't appear to be working. I can plug in a different IR receiver and use my apple TV remote and also use a keyboard but the whole CEC thing is a non-starter at the moment.

Am I missing something obvious? It appears to be turned on in the preferences, my TV is listed as compatible with the Pulse 8 device which I thought worked off the same library etc (I could be totally wrong on that).

I've tried rebooting the device and other silly attempts to kick it into action but no luck. Is there perhaps a way of accessing a config file somewhere to tell it what TV to work with etc or should it all just work automagically?

Cheers

Redknight

Comments

• redknight01redknight01 Posts: 31Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

I found the issue, cheap HDMI cables. They were fine for display etc but weren't carrying the CEC info. All working now.

FYI Cheap HDMI cables off eBay are awful

• wutname1wutname1 Posts: 94Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

Pro tip: If you have cable service you can sometimes get free hdmi cables from them if you go into the service center. If they say no call in have "issues" with you cable box and when you go in to a service center swap it ask for a hdmi cable.

• Steeve24Steeve24 Posts: 17Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

Although your issue is fixed, I have had a problem with a Philips TV where the HDMI socket on the side didn't work with CEC, but plugging the same cable into HDMI 1 worked fine.

Steve