If you have not already, we suggest setting your Plex username to something else rather than email which is displayed on your posts in forum. You can change the username at https://app.plex.tv/desktop#!/account
Welcome to our forums! Please take a few moments to read through our Community Guidelines (also conveniently linked in the header at the top of each page). There, you'll find guidelines on conduct, tips on getting the help you may be searching for, and more!

Turning off "audio descriptions"

rwolfe1970rwolfe1970 Posts: 1Members

Is there a way to turn off the audio descriptions for the blind? I have an mp4 that plays fine through VLC and Quicktime, but will always play the audio descriptions with Plex.

The MKV plays correctly so I'm sure it's coming from my Handbrake compression. I just can't find the setting in there.

Tagged:

Comments

• schuylerschuyler Plex Dev Team Posts: 3,786Members, Plex Employee, Plex Pass, Plex Ninja Plex Employee

It sounds like maybe it's not choosing the audio track that you want? I'd be curious to see the full text output from MediaInfo and/or the XML from Plex/Web. You can get the XML by opening Plex/Web (media manager...), navigating to the video, clicking the info icon in the action bar on the left, and then View XML. Or you can just share a sample of the file itself.

You *may* be able to make it do the right thing by going into the Playback Options and selecting a different audio stream before you hit play.

• cosmicgorillacosmicgorilla Posts: 1Validating, Plex Pass Plex Pass

I'm getting the same. What I really need is a switch to turn audio descriptions off. When I play the recording through plex I do not hear the audio descriptions but when I play it through quick time I do. Does this help?

• AU5T1NAU5T1N Posts: 3Validating, Plex Pass Plex Pass

Same issue here I can not find a way to turn it off. I am playing it through the roku

• davetavdavetav Posts: 1Members

I REALLY hope someone can figure this out.

I'm playing video from the ABC plugin on the computer... not Roku, not Chromecast, just the Plex browser in Chrome. I see no options to change or disable the "Audio eyes" audio.