Our forum migration to Discourse is underway and scheduled to last through June 21. During the migration, the forums will be read-only, except for a single temporary forum (contents of which will not be getting transferred). Read our announcement post for more information about the forum migration.
Hey folks, there is a new Podcast category for forums https://forums.plex.tv/categories/podcasts
If you have not already, we suggest setting your Plex username to something else rather than email which is displayed on your posts in forum. You can change the username at https://app.plex.tv/desktop#!/account
Welcome to our forums! Please take a few moments to read through our Community Guidelines (also conveniently linked in the header at the top of each page). There, you'll find guidelines on conduct, tips on getting the help you may be searching for, and more!

Back Button CEC Not Working?

synthecyphersynthecypher Members Posts: 43
edited June 2013 in Rasplex

Just setup my first RasPlex using version 1.37.

It's picked up the remote using CEC/Simplink.

Everything work's apart form the Skip Forward/Backward/Return/EXIT button.

The TV is a LG 32LH2000.

How can I get the Return/EXIT button working. maybe map it to another button? I'm a noob when it comes to SSH so I'd prefer to do it via modifying the SD Card via PC if possible.

This is what the remote looks like:

4rm2GDvl.jpg

Comments

• unblowupable5unblowupable5 Members, Plex Pass Posts: 381 Plex Pass

I feel your pain.  I could not get my Back button working reliably either.  It would seem to go in spurts where it would work for a bit before not working.  More often than not it would not work.  Not sure if it's an issue with my TV or Rasplex.

• synthecyphersynthecypher Members Posts: 43
    edited June 2013
    unblowupable5 wrote on June 17 2013, 1:32 PM: »

I feel your pain.  I could not get my Back button working reliably either.  It would seem to go in spurts where it would work for a bit before not working.  More often than not it would not work.  Not sure if it's an issue with my TV or Rasplex.

In that case can a anyone recommend a reliable mini-Bluetooth dongle and a Bluetooth remote that'll work with RasPlex out of the box?

:)

• dansvarredansvarre Members, Plex Pass Posts: 139 Plex Pass
    It's not Bluetooth, but the flirc.tv dongle works like a charm and let's you use any Remote
  • synthecyphersynthecypher Members Posts: 43
    dansvarre wrote on June 17 2013, 8:05 PM: »

It's not Bluetooth, but the flirc.tv dongle works like a charm and let's you use any Remote

£24.99 That's pretty damn steep considering it's only $22.95 which should be £14.61.

• b_mccart@hotmail.comb_mccart@hotmail.com Members Posts: 21 ✭✭

I feel your pain too.I had the exact same problem with a similar model TV. Just recently I picked up a Windows Media Center remote with a USB IR receiver. Worked like a charm out of the box

Not ideal to have two remotes, but at least its functional

• markmckimmarkmckim Members, Plex Pass Posts: 31 Plex Pass

Hey. I had this exact same issue literally a few days ago. I have the exact same TV model. Looks like its a known issue with the back button not working as expected with CEC on that TV model. I had to reprogram the "stop" button on the remote to act as a "back" button instead of "stop".:

Enable SSH in RasPlex
    Open new Terminal window and type:
    ssh root@192.168.0.1
    Enter password: rasplex
    Type:
    cp /usr/share/xbmc/system/keymaps/remote.xml /storage/.xbmc/userdata/keymaps/
    then cd /storage/.xbmc/userdata/keymaps/
    nano remote.xml
    Change the following line
    <stop>Stop</stop>
    to
    <stop>Back</stop>
    Save & Quit
    Reboot Plex
    This remaps the Stop button to perform the back function as the Back button does not work through CEC on my LG TV

Hope this helps.