If you have not already, we suggest setting your Plex username to something else rather than email which is displayed on your posts in forum. You can change the username at https://app.plex.tv/desktop#!/account
Welcome to our forums! Please take a few moments to read through our Community Guidelines (also conveniently linked in the header at the top of each page). There, you'll find guidelines on conduct, tips on getting the help you may be searching for, and more!

Welcome to the Plex Media Server on FreeBSD Forum!

maineacmaineac Posts: 33Members, Plex Pass
I'd like to take this opportunity to welcome all to the new Plex community forum, dedicated to fostering the development of FreeBSD as a platform for running Plex Media Server.  The original thread announcing the 'preview release' has generated a lot of attention and discussion so I asked the 'Sheriff' if we could have a dedicated sub-forum.  Since the orginal thread was beginning to grow quite large,  I thought it might be better to have some dedicated space where we could post specific topics and try to keep it organized.  I want everyone who is interested to be able to find relevant help and information as easily as possible, so we can continue to move this effort foward and show the devs how interested and serious the community is about future support for FreeBSD!

FreeBSD is a long-time love of mine, and I have been using it professionally in the workplace for task-specific machines.  It's incredible stability and flexibility is second to none, and it is well known that many small and very large projects - free and commercial, are FreeBSD at the core for that very reason.

I am locking the orginal thread that was moved here from the 'Plex Media Server Preview Release' forum, so we can begin to create specific and relavant topics for disccussion.

'The Sheriff' has made me a moderator for this sub-forum . . . not a job a specifically asked for but I did offer my help, so I guess that's what I get for volunteering.

So . . . before I turn it over to you all and let the games begin, let me just ask the we try to keep things on-topic, be nice to each other and read before you ask, but by all means ask if you need to.

Have fun and go get Plex'd!
This discussion has been closed.