Welcome to our forums! Please take a few moments to read through our Community Guidelines (also conveniently linked in the header at the top of each page). There, you'll find guidelines on conduct, tips on getting the help you may be searching for, and more!

[ALPHA] Wrestling Metadata Agent

akkifokkusuakkifokkusu Posts: 23Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

I don't know if I'm the only one, but I'm really frustrated by TheTVDB's lack of support (and what sometimes seems like outright contempt) for pro wrestling. However, TVRage has no such issues (it's what I use in Filebot for renaming purposes). So I wrote this agent that pulls metadata from TVRage.

It also pulls artwork for a few shows from TVDB, but I had to hard-code the IDs for those because with the awful state of wrestling shows on TVDB I couldn't find an easy, reliable way to match the shows with the right IDs. They are Raw, SmackDown, Impact, WWE Pay-Per-View, NXT, Tough Enough, and Nitro. I couldn't find any other ones on there with useable cover art, anyway.

This is my first time writing anything in Python, and I'm still getting used to it and the Plex Framework, so I'm labeling this an alpha release. There are probably bugs and quirks, and I'm still looking for a better way ti get artwork. Any suggestions and comments would be much appreciated. If you try to use this and it doesn't work for you or there's some sort of bug, please give as much detail as possible and post the log (preferably pastebin).

Enjoy!

P.S.This should work reasonably well as a general agent, except for artwork, if you want to use TVRage data instead of TVDB. But again, it's an alpha release, so proceed with caution.

Wrestling.bundle.zip

Tagged:

Comments

• newplexuser2011newplexuser2011 Posts: 145Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass
    edited July 2013

OMFG THANK YOU! This has been long over due I'll download and give it a try and report back.

EDIT: The agent does not seem to add any info the season, episode and show numbers are correct.

• akkifokkusuakkifokkusu Posts: 23Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass
    edited July 2013
    newplexuser2011 wrote on July 16 2013, 3:00 AM: »

EDIT: The agent does not seem to add any info the season, episode and show numbers are correct.

No info? I'm not sure what you mean. Can you post a screenshot?

Have you set the shows to be matched by the Wrestling agent?

edited July 2013

Here are some screenshots of how I have my files organised and the agent I am using.

As you can see in the bottom screen shot no info is displayed.

Everything looks right... Can you post the logs for the plugin? They should be in the PMG Plug-In Logs folder as com.plexapp.agents.wrestling.log, com.plexapp.agents.wrestling.log.1, etc. Hopefully that'll shed some light on what's happening. It looks like it downloaded the artwork, right? So it should have grabbed everything else too, as that's the last thing it does.

edited July 2013

Here is the log for the plugin.

edited October 2013

OK, I think I fixed it. Here's a version with a fix. I suggest clearing all the data in your WWE section before running it again, because it seems like there's a problem parsing the data that was already written. Let me know if it works!

[attachment=20325:Wrestling.bundle.zip]

edited October 2013

Just updated the agent. Changes:

• Show and episodes summary fields are now populated
    • Added setting to clear the plugin's HTTP cache on refresh. This can be used to get proper metadata in case the TVRage database was experiencing issues when the agent last ran. This should be used sparingly, and the chache itself only lasts for a day, so this is mostly for those who are impatient (like me). I recommend disabling this option once the proper metadata is downloaded.

As always, any feedback is greatly appreciated!

[attachment=20325:Wrestling.bundle.zip]

• kermit.01@gmail.comkermit.01@gmail.com Posts: 36Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

A++  Your selling your self short.  You should be marketing this as a TVrage metadata replacement.  I have several shows with which I'm not thrilled at the TVDB ordering or maintenance.  This fixed that problem.  Pulled the Data from TVrage and fixed several shows.  Thanks!

• simjo69simjo69 Posts: 1Members
    edited November 2013

Thank you akkifokkusu. 

Having thought that I could simply add WWE as a TV show and then finding out that I could not, I am grateful you created this plug in, so that my son can also use plex with his favourite WWE episodes.

Worked perfectly.

Thanks again!

• BrianAzBrianAz Go Ninja, Go Ninja, Go! Posts: 560Members, Plex Pass, Plex Ninja Plex Ninja

AWESOME plug-in. As has been mentioned before, this really should be renamed to TVRageAgent or something. I just used it to fix the ordering of American Dad! For some reason, the episode info didn't populate until I went into the web interface and clicked on each episode. Once I did that and went back out to the Season, all the episode names were properly populated and all of the summary info was there as well. Since I've told Plex to use this agent for American Dad! can I assume that all future episodes will also be scanned using this instead of TheTVDB.com agent?

Thx!!

Plex Clients: 2 iPhone: 6/6+, iPhone SE, iPad Mini, Chromecast (old and new), Mac Mini Mid 2011(MacOS+PMP/Web), Intel NUC DN2820 w/ 2GB RAM, 32GB SSD (OpenPHT), Zotac ID41 (Flirc+PMP), MacBook Pro Mid 2010 (MacOS+PMP/Web), MacBook Pro Early 2015 (MacOS+PMP/Web), i3 Custom Desktop (W10+PMP/Web), 2 aTV 4th Gen, Roku3, ODROID C2 (OpenPHT), Pi3 (NOOBS:Kodi+PMP). Gigabit wired network where possible.
    PlexServer: 2 CPU, 2GB Memory, Gigabit Network, Ubuntu 16.04 VM on ESXI
    ESXI 5.5 (ASRock z77 Extreme4 Whitebox): i7- 3770 CPU, 32 GB RAM, Gigabit Network (Other VMs: BlueIris IP Cam Server, Indigo HomeBridge, ESXiTools)
    Movie/TV Storage: Local - 18 Disk / 47 TB unRAID Server. Celeron CPU, 4GB RAM. Cloud Backup - GDrive
    Remotes: 3xHarmony Smart Control (w/ hub)
    Network: LAN-Gigabit, WAN-GigabitFiber

o51r15 wrote:
    A++ Your selling your self short. You should be marketing this as a TVrage metadata replacement. I have several shows with which I'm not thrilled at the TVDB ordering or maintenance. This fixed that problem. Pulled the Data from TVrage and fixed several shows. Thanks!

BrianAz wrote on December 22 2013, 3:37 AM: »
    AWESOME plug-in. As has been mentioned before, this really should be renamed to TVRageAgent or something. I just used it to fix the ordering of American Dad! For some reason, the episode info didn't populate until I went into the web interface and clicked on each episode. Once I did that and went back out to the Season, all the episode names were properly populated and all of the summary info was there as well. Since I've told Plex to use this agent for American Dad! can I assume that all future episodes will also be scanned using this instead of TheTVDB.com agent?

Thx!!

Thanks so much for the great feedback. I probably will offer it as a TVRage plugin soon, just need to get rid of some of the extra stuff that's in there just for wrestling.

As far as the info not populating right away after switching agents, I've seen the same thing and I think it has to do with the way Plex handles its cache. It's definitely frustrating for when I'm testing, but seems to work fine once everything is set up.

And yes, it should use TVRage for all future episodes of any show you set it for.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk
  • JSJarvisJSJarvis Posts: 4Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

I am having problems getting the agent to work properly for WWE Pay-Per-Views. I have have my WrestleManias and SummerSlam events ripped and named according to how they are listed on TVRage. I have Plex scan my Wrestling folder, but none of the metadata is coming in properly.  All of my seasons are show "Episode 1", "Episode 3", etc. instead of the event name and none of the description data is coming in.  Any idea what I may be doing wrong or how to get this data to show properly?  I have tried doing a deep scan after the initial scan and no new information comes in.

Thanks.

JSJarvis wrote on December 29 2013, 10:06 PM: »

I am having problems getting the agent to work properly for WWE Pay-Per-Views. I have have my WrestleManias and SummerSlam events ripped and named according to how they are listed on TVRage. I have Plex scan my Wrestling folder, but none of the metadata is coming in properly.  All of my seasons are show "Episode 1", "Episode 3", etc. instead of the event name and none of the description data is coming in.  Any idea what I may be doing wrong or how to get this data to show properly?  I have tried doing a deep scan after the initial scan and no new information comes in.

Thanks.

I haven't had too much trouble with PPVs (though I think I sometimes had to rename the files manually first). Can you post the logs for the plugin after scanning? They should be in the PMG Plug-In Logs folder as com.plexapp.agents.wrestling.log, com.plexapp.agents.wrestling.log.1, etc.

• ssvetecssvetec Posts: 7Members

As long as the WWE PPV's are added as a 'movies' library, it will get all of all of its metadata from themoviedb.org: http://i.imgur.com/WXfBjMi.png

Cheers

Here are the logs.

JSJarvis wrote on December 30 2013, 12:46 PM: »

Here are the logs.

OK, I think I found the problem. This should fix it.

[attachment=24099:Wrestling.bundle.zip]

Sweet!  Thanks for the quick reply and fix. I removed and readded my videos and rescanned. Everything looks like it is pulling correctly now.

JSJarvis wrote on December 30 2013, 7:50 PM: »

Sweet!  Thanks for the quick reply and fix. I removed and readded my videos and rescanned. Everything looks like it is pulling correctly now.

No problem, I'm glad that did the trick.

• aaronchiaaronchi Posts: 12Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass
    edited January 2014

I'm getting an Exception trying to import the metadata from one of my episodes. Can you take a look?

It looks like an issue with date parsing. On tvrage, the episode doesn't have a complete date and is listed as 00//2002. The agent should handle this and either skip the date or just add the year.

• PhotoianPhotoian Posts: 4Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

I'm also really disappointed with TVDB sometimes and welcome the option of using TVRage, so thanks for doing this.

Now a newbie question, how do I "install" this bundle you wrote on the MAC?

I thought I'd just need to put it in the same place as the TVDB bundle (Contents - Resources - Plugins), but PMS doesn't see it!

Am I missing something?