Windows Phone 8 - Plex "Unable to download content"
I'm having a heap of issues with this app, and hope that someone here can either provide me a "magic setting" I must have overlooked, confirmation of bugs, or just some reassurance that things will be alright, eventually
Here's the deal:
- The app was able to find my "Media PC" using it's local address. So that works.
- The "Servers" list shows the correct name, and if I edit the connection, I see that my LAN IP is listed as "available, local, discovered". All good so far.
- I then realised that the "Media PC" was using a DHCP address, so I moved it to a new static address. The app then detected the new IP as "available, local, discovered". Great.
- Except... now I had two "local, discovered" addresses. The old one was unavailable (as expected). But there is no option in the UI to delete "discovered" addresses. You can only "Test" discovered IPs.
- I manually added an IP address as a test, and it appeared fine. I was then able to press-and-hold, get a menu, and there was a delete option available. So the issue is "discovered" IPs after all.
- With an "unavailable" IP as "discovered", the app would constantly try to connect to it and display the "Error - Unable to download content from <NAME> (http://<OLD_IP>:32400/): message.
- The only way to remove the old address, that I found, was to uninstall the app and then install it again (which sucks).
- Moving on, I then signed in with my "MyPlex" account. This immediately added a second connection to my server - my external IP Address, listed as an "available, remote, myplex" connection. Excellent.
- I then disconnected my Wi-Fi and attempted to use Plex. After several seconds of "loading dots" I receive the "Unable to download content from <NAME> (http://<EXTERNAL_IP:32400/):" error.
- I back out of the app (close it) and try again. I very, very, briefly see the Library folders show up, before I get the error again (with an added "timeout" text). I tap "ok" and the Library screen is empty.
- I backed out of the app again, and tried over... same thing: The Library folder flash up for a fraction of a second and then get replaced by an error message.
- I then go to my "Server" settings... and find that the external IP is now listed as "unavailable". I tap-and-hold, then select the "Test" option from the menu. It instantly shows up as "available" again.
- I then try refreshing the Library, and it shows up... YAY!
- I browse to my "Recorded TV" folder and can see a list of my TV Shows and episodes. Great so far.
- Then, as I am exploring the interface and scroll across to the "Recent" section, Error again.
- Back on Wi-Fi again, I am STILL getting errors: This time, with my LAN IP not working. That is, until it magically works after a refresh.
I'm just getting far too many errors for this app. So many that, I can't believe for a second, that Plex would have released the app like this. My setup works perfectly using my iPad and app - so it doesn't seem to be my configuration (that I can tell). Could it be my handset (Nokia Lumia 920)? Any ideas?