If you have not already, we suggest setting your Plex username to something else rather than email which is displayed on your posts in forum. You can change the username at https://app.plex.tv/desktop#!/account
Welcome to our forums! Please take a few moments to read through our Community Guidelines (also conveniently linked in the header at the top of each page). There, you'll find guidelines on conduct, tips on getting the help you may be searching for, and more!

Plex/Web on IPad / Iphone not working

trogenmosertrogenmoser Posts: 40Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

With one the recent updates the possibility to use Plex/Web on IPad / IPhone is gone. Using http://192.168.1.xxx:32400/web/index.html#!/dashboard in safari only brings up the plex logo. Is this by purpose or a bug?

Plex everywhere.... Diskstation, Iphones, Ipads, Ipods, Sonos, TV, Desktop, Laptops, IOS, Windows, local, remote and it just works!!!
Tagged:

Comments

• ericmatthysericmatthys Plex Employee Posts: 3,197Members, Plex Employee, Plex Pass, Plex Ninja Plex Employee

I tested with Chrome and Safari on iOS 6 and Plex/Web loads up without any issues. I would try clearing out any cache and reloading Plex/Web.

• trogenmosertrogenmoser Posts: 40Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass
    ericmatthys wrote on July 22 2013, 4:50 PM: »

I tested with Chrome and Safari on iOS 6 and Plex/Web loads up without any issues. I would try clearing out any cache and reloading Plex/Web.

Thanks Eric, clearing the cache did the trick!
    Plex everywhere.... Diskstation, Iphones, Ipads, Ipods, Sonos, TV, Desktop, Laptops, IOS, Windows, local, remote and it just works!!!
  • vaganza87vaganza87 Posts: 3Members

I have the same issue as described by trogenmoser.

Any IOS device used to browse to the Plex/web feature only shows the Plex logo. This is via connecting to Plex/web remotely as wel as via local network connection.
    On any other device the Plex/web feature is working fine. (Windows OS, OS X)

Troubleshooting done so fare:

- emptied cache on IOS devices
    - Rebooted IOS devices

both without success, is there any way to clear the plex/web cache on the PMS itself?

• MorgsmanMorgsman Posts: 1Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass
    Same problem for me whether accessing external or internal. Can access plex/web fine from my MacBook but not from my ipad or iPhone. Access through the iOS plex app works fine, it's just plex/web that's a problem.

Any ideas?

Thanks Chris
  • maurigugmaurigug Posts: 8Members

I have the same problem in Safari for iOS 6.

Chrome works, instead, and better than the Plex app itself.

This one does not play a lot of files, for instance wma files.

Web/plex in Chrome plays almost everything.

Too bad having sooo many problems.

Answers from Elan?

• nickdnknickdnk Posts: 11Members, Plex Pass

Add it to home screen and start it as a web-app, then it works.

• mrtoolfoolmrtoolfool Posts: 6Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

IPad browser issue here also.

I have been using chrome on my iPad for over a year to browse to the Plex web via the browser,
    but now after signing in and launching it, it only shows the Plex logo at the top of the page and it wont load.

I have NO problem using my PC to access Plex through the browser.

I use this to log into my "shared" accounts.

Any ideas as I miss being able to use my iPad to access these accounts.

This problem is JUST while using a browser, the app works fine but I need to be able to log into multiple accounts.

Thanks