Welcome to our forums! Please take a few moments to read through our Community Guidelines (also conveniently linked in the header at the top of each page). There, you'll find guidelines on conduct, tips on getting the help you may be searching for, and more!

Please add BlueTooth support!

bstobbebstobbe Posts: 22Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

Specifically, I'd really like AVRCP (Audio Video Remote Control) support for Plex.  Here's the use case...

Aftermarket multimedia JVC headunit installed in car.

Bluetooth sync Windows Lumia 900 with car stereo.

Music plays beautifully.

Sadly however, ID3 tag info is not displayed.  Skip to next track button on stereo only resets the current track in plex. 

I've seen some other threads complaining about Bluetooth headset controls not working as well.  An across the board support of some basic Bluetooth standards would be great for a variety of use cases.

From a development standpoint I can't imagine this being all that difficult of a task... I'm sure the harder time is getting somebody to actually take the time to do it... for Windows phone.

This app is good but can be better, don't give up on it please.

Tagged:

Comments

• Jaap_van_EkrisJaap_van_Ekris Posts: 371Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass
    bstobbe wrote on August 6 2013, 2:11 PM: »

Bluetooth sync Windows Lumia 900 with car stereo.

Music plays beautifully.

Sadly however, ID3 tag info is not displayed.  Skip to next track button on stereo only resets the current track in plex. 

AFAIK,

The bluetooth sync is completely handled by the OS, and not by the Plex application. So there isn't much Plex can do...

Jaap

• bstobbebstobbe Posts: 22Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

I'll have to test playing a song from my phone outside if plex. My suspicion though is that the plex app for windows phone is not hooking up all the Bluetooth bells and whistles.

Just a little update on this... I jumped in the pool with my Lumia 900 and ruined it so I got a Lumia 928.  The Bluetooth functionality is a lot better with my JVC deck.  I at least get the song name now and the skip track buttons work also.  No album art which is pretty unfortunate but I'll live.

Oh, and artist and album title show as well now.