Welcome to our forums! Please take a few moments to read through our Community Guidelines (also conveniently linked in the header at the top of each page). There, you'll find guidelines on conduct, tips on getting the help you may be searching for, and more!

[SUPPORT] Feedback / Bugs & Suggestions

bkurybkury Posts: 388 ✭✭✭
edited July 2015 in Night

"Night Skin" Support Thread

Please provide the following information when asking for help and/or reporting a bug:

• Night & PHT (Client) Version
  • Detailed Description of the issue.
  • (optional) Screenshot. Sometimes it's much easier to simply post a screenshot than trying to explain the issue.

Thanks!

Comments

• jvitorerojvitorero Posts: 72 Plex Pass
    Awesome! Thank U very much.
  • xHenomorphxHenomorph Posts: 38 Plex Pass

Does this mean it will work with PMS 0.9.8?

Sorry, should have tested it first....answered my own question by testing and it doesn't

Cheers anyway

• bkurybkury Posts: 388 ✭✭✭
    edited August 2013
    Ciaranh wrote on August 8 2013, 3:43 PM: »

Does this mean it will work with PMS 0.9.8?

I'm using PMS 0.9.8.4.125-ffe2a5d and it's working fine ... I wasn't aware of any problems connecting to PMS 0.9.8+ even on PMC 0.9.5 or did I misunderstand your question ? This Skin only works on the Plex Home Theater v0.9.10 (pre-release) for now ...

Ahhh right!....so I downloaded HT v0.9.10, now how do I get HT to recognize the skin because it only shows MediaStream.

I am with you...I still use PMS v9.7 because it works with Night...the only skin worth its salt (according to me anyway-LOL)

edited November 2013
    Ciaranh wrote on August 8 2013, 4:24 PM: »

Ahhh right!....so I downloaded HT v0.9.10, now how do I get HT to recognize the skin because it only shows MediaStream.

I am with you...I still use PMS v9.7 because it works with Night...the only skin worth its salt (according to me anyway-LOL)

• Extract the .zip file
    • Copy "skin.night" directory to:
    •    Windows: "C:\Program Files (x86)\Plex Home Theater\addons"
    •    OSX: ~/Library/Application Support/Plex Home Theater/addons
    •    Linux: ~/.plexht/addons

Have Fun!

Cool

You're a gentleman and a scholar....thank you

Now just need to find a way to sync with the volume on the mac...getting that a lot with other skins using plex client and now HT?

For another topic I guess

Cheers

Ciaranh wrote on August 8 2013, 4:44 PM: »

Now just need to find a way to sync with the volume on the mac...getting that a lot with other skins using plex client and now HT?

What's exactly the problem? and do you also have this issue with the default "Mediastream" Skin on PHT 0.9.10? Anyway, sounds like an OSX or Plex Client issue to me ...

• OP8OP8 Posts: 116 Plex Pass

Looks intresting, I'll test it. Thanks for the hard work you've put in it!

Yea, same thing with Mediastream and while playing with it I find out that HT v0.9.10 will not recognize my apple remote.

Ah well...worth a try...thanks for all your help

• onekmilesbehindonekmilesbehind Posts: 49 Plex Pass

Well done bkury! I loved this skin back in the day but had to stop using it in favor of PHT, so thanks for porting it!

Couple things I'm noting with beta 2 (PMS .9.8.4.125 // PHT .9.10.0 // OS X 10.8.4)

- View settings don't seem to stick (ie reverts back to "List mode") --- nvm, this appears to be a PHT bug as it happens with MediaStream too

- Can't get media flags to display

- When editing section view settings, scrolling via keyboard arrows is off (you can move left between Title-->Display Mode-->Watched, but then hit a virtual wall and need to go right in order to loop to the other side of the menu (Viewtype, View options, etc).

Other than that it seems to be working very well. It's great to have the skin back again. Cheers.

onekmilesbehind wrote on August 9 2013, 1:13 PM: »

Well done bkury! I loved this skin back in the day but had to stop using it in favor of PHT, so thanks for porting it!

Couple things I'm noting with beta 2 (PMS .9.8.4.125 // PHT .9.10.0 // OS X 10.8.4)

- View settings don't seem to stick (ie reverts back to "List mode") --- nvm, this appears to be a PHT bug as it happens with MediaStream too

- Can't get media flags to display

- When editing section view settings, scrolling via keyboard arrows is off (you can move left between Title-->Display Mode-->Watched, but then hit a virtual wall and need to go right in order to loop to the other side of the menu (Viewtype, View options, etc).

Other than that it seems to be working very well. It's great to have the skin back again. Cheers.

• Unfortunately Viewtypes not sticking is a known problem with PHT 0.9.10, nothing I can do about it :-(
    • Mediaflags will be in beta3
    • SectionView will also be fixed in beta3 (thanks for reporting)

Thanks for the feedback guys ...

• Sk0lySk0ly Posts: 3 Plex Pass

Doesn't seem to be working for me. The movie and TV Show sections are blank and the theme causes an error on startup. Sometimes it causes a crash on start up as well. I have another copy with everything working but the shared section that someone put together a while back. If you want it let me know.

gmaninvan wrote on August 10 2013, 12:10 AM: »

Doesn't seem to be working for me. The movie and TV Show sections are blank and the theme causes an error on startup. Sometimes it causes a crash on start up as well. I have another copy with everything working but the shared section that someone put together a while back. If you want it let me know.

more details please: plex client and server version, operating system, plexhometheater.log would also be helpful for debugging ...

thanks!

• einstein9918einstein9918 Posts: 1
    edited August 2013

great job bkury!
    been holding off on moving to plex too because of night.

installed beta2 yesterday and it's working great.

setup: PMS 0.9.7.28.33 on ubuntu server 10.04.2 // PHT 0.9.10.1.20 on ubuntu desktop 12.04

grabbing beta3 now...

thnx for the excellent work!

Update: beta3 running nicely as well.

• jvitorerojvitorero Posts: 72 Plex Pass
    edited August 2013

Sorry but this beta3 doesn´t work for me at all! Mac Mini with Mountain Lion and PHT 0.9.10. I can't use it.

edited August 2013
    javiervitorero wrote on August 11 2013, 1:50 PM: »

Sorry but this beta3 doesn´t work for me at all! Mac Mini with Mountain Lion and PHT 0.9.10. I can't use it.

What happens exactly ? does it crash at startup? is something else not working? does it show up in skin selection menu?

more details please, "doesn't work for me at all" doesn't really help me :-)

beta3 is working fine on windows and linux and I see no reason why it shouldn't work on osx ... unfortunately I don't own an osx machine so I can't test it directly.

does anyone else have problems with osx and beta3?

thanks!

• anddhanddh Posts: 95 Plex Pass

Just to confirm, this IS working on OS X!

anddh wrote on August 11 2013, 3:42 PM: »

Just to confirm, this IS working on OS X!

Thought so, thanks for confirming ...

bkury wrote on August 11 2013, 4:02 PM: »

Thought so, thanks for confirming ...

What version?

I have OSX 10.6.8 and have tried the beta2 release with PHTv0.9.10 and have issues with the section view setting not staying selected and the volume does not sync with the MAC, and the key one is it does not set my MAC control so cannot use control at all.

Would really love to get this working as Night is only skin worth its salt