If you have not already, we suggest setting your Plex username to something else rather than email which is displayed on your posts in forum. You can change the username at https://app.plex.tv/desktop#!/account
Welcome to our forums! Please take a few moments to read through our Community Guidelines (also conveniently linked in the header at the top of each page). There, you'll find guidelines on conduct, tips on getting the help you may be searching for, and more!

[SUPPORT] Feedback / Bugs & Suggestions

Comments

• bkurybkury Posts: 392Members ✭✭✭
    zombian wrote on January 10 2014, 2:24 PM: »

Thank you so much for your work on this skin. It really is in my opinion the best Plex skin Ive seen. Do you have any plans to add a pre play screen like in the default PHT skin?

thanks! yes, there will be a preplay screen option in the upcoming version with 3 different modes: off (default), show before and/or after playback ...

Night Skin v1.8.6  |  Support Thread  |  Github

OpenWeatherMap Channel  |  Github

OpenPHT  |  Github  |  Development Builds

Please consider to support my work, thank you!

btn_donate_SMgif

• zombianzombian Posts: 343Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass
    Awesome! Look forward to it. Thanks

A lie can get half way across the world before the truth even gets its shoes on.

• lu_catelli@yahoo.comlu_catelli@yahoo.com Posts: 71Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass
    I agree, great stuff, has been working flawlessly for me. Another question though, do you plan on showing different server names? I have cloud sync setup and I can't tell the difference between my two TV Shows section.

yes, show servername option will also be available in the upcoming version ...

btn_donate_SMgif

• lu_catelli@yahoo.comlu_catelli@yahoo.com Posts: 71Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass
    Great! Can't wait for the update.
    Hi bkury, so I've been having an issue when beginning playback of videos that I thought at first to be a plex issue but I think it has something to do with the night skin. When I use the plex skin the problem goes away. It seems like when starting to play a video, the video stutters briefly within the first 5 seconds and then continues fine. Have you heard of this issue? I have an older Mac Mini 2.0ghz dual core. Is there any log file I could supply? I've checked the PHT log and the PMS log and found nothing. Thanks in advance.
    edited January 2014

I think it has something to do with the missing preplay screen/xml file and should be fixed with the upcoming night version ... also update to PHT 1.0.8 if you haven't done so yet, there are a lot of osx specific bugs fixed in the newest version of PHT. 

Speaking of preplay screen, today I (almost) finished the new preplay screen ... hope you guys like it :

Preplay

and here is another hint of one of the new and unique features:

Addon

cheers

btn_donate_SMgif

Great looking stuff. Thanks again.
  • Roy+VisserRoy+Visser Posts: 99Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass
    Juist installed this 2 hours ago, been playing with it, and have fallen in love with it. Gorgeous, clean and near perfect. Don't think i will be going back to Plex/Mediastream.

Option to hide filter menu when going into a section (like the new plex skin) would make it perfect. Also maybe a poster/series title view in the on deck filter section for series?

Nittpicking, good job!!

Mac Mini (Late 2012) i5 2500mhz 8GB Ram |  OSX 10.8.3

2x Qnap TS410 with 2x3TB WD Red and 2x4TB WD Red | 2x14TB

PMS Version | 0.9.16.6

Open PHT | 1.5.2

Skin | Night V1.8.2

• Allan CameronAllan Cameron Posts: 509Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass
    Might give this a go tonight, thanks a lot for your talent.
    Upon starting pht, i cant get rid of the log in sound? I've changed the setting, but it stil plays only a little bit shorter?

PMS Version | 0.9.16.6

Open PHT | 1.5.2

Skin | Night V1.8.2

yes, "disable startup sound" option is deprecated and has already been removed in the new version ... for now you can simply rename sounds/start.wav (in the skin directory) to get rid of the startup sound.

btn_donate_SMgif

Do you know, or could you guide me , how to create a screensaver for plex? Just a simple slideshow would be great.
  • bblackbblack Posts: 11Members ✭✭

Just installed this skin, i like it.

2 things i'd miss (by myself or it's not available in the skin  :P)

- I'd like to hide Queue and Channels, i'm just not using them.

- I'd like to disable the ''loop'' 

the way it is now:

movies

tv

music 

movies

tv

music - again and again.

movies

tv

music < END

Would like to know if this is possible.

edited January 2014
    bkury wrote on January 14 2014, 5:49 PM: »

yes, "disable startup sound" option is deprecated and has already been removed in the new version ... for now you can simply rename sounds/start.wav (in the skin directory) to get rid of the startup sound.

Thanks!

@bblack, you van already get rid of the queue (system settings myplex show my plex queue)

PMS Version | 0.9.16.6

Open PHT | 1.5.2

Skin | Night V1.8.2

• zombianzombian Posts: 343Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass
    bblack wrote:

2 things i'd miss (by myself or it's not available in the skin :P)

the way it is now:

movies
    tv
    music
    movies
    tv
    music - again and again.

movies
    tv
    music < END

Would like to know if this is possible.

This isn't exactly a solution but enabling the '5 menu item' option in the skin settings would prevent the repetitive loop but only with the queue an channels still present. So it would be

Movies
    Tv
    Music
    Channels
    Queue

At the very least it would be more visually appealing rather than an infinite loop

A lie can get half way across the world before the truth even gets its shoes on.

edited January 2014
    Roy+Visser wrote on January 14 2014, 9:17 PM: »

@bblack, you van already get rid of the queue (system settings myplex show my plex queue)

Thx! that's 1 :)

now just the channel hide option.

zombian wrote on January 14 2014, 9:25 PM: »

This isn't exactly a solution but enabling the '5 menu item' option in the skin settings would prevent the repetitive loop but only with the queue an channels still present. So it would be

Movies
    Tv
    Music
    Channels
    Queue

At the very least it would be more visually appealing rather than an infinite loop

enabling the '5 menu item' option still gives me a loop. 

edited January 2014
    SilverLiquid wrote on January 14 2014, 6:09 PM: »

Do you know, or could you guide me , how to create a screensaver for plex? Just a simple slideshow would be great.

sorry, don't know much about that ... maybe you will find some decent documentation on the xbmc development forums, but I don't know if it's even possible/compatible with PHT.

bblack wrote on January 14 2014, 9:17 PM: »

2 things i'd miss (by myself or it's not available in the skin  :P)

Queue/Recommendations: Settings / System / myPlex / Show myPlex queue and recommendation (uncheck)

Channel: Main Menu is auto-populated by PHT, so if you don't have any channels installed and it's still showing up in the menu --> PHT Bug/Problem

That's not a bad idea and very easy to implement ... looks like we have another "feature" in the upcoming version :-)

btn_donate_SMgif

bkury wrote on January 14 2014, 9:55 PM: »

sorry, don't know much about that ... maybe you will find some decent documentation on the xbmc development forums, but I don't know if it's even possible/compatible with PHT.

Queue/Recommendations: Settings / System / myPlex / Show myPlex queue and recommendation (uncheck)

Channel: Main Menu is auto-populated by PHT, so if you don't have any channels installed and it's still showing up in the menu --> PHT Bug/Problem

That's not a bad idea and very easy to implement ... looks like we have another "feature" in the upcoming version :-)

awesome! 

i do know previous Plex Media Center you were able to disable Channel they changed this in PHT?

• MediaJunkieMediaJunkie Posts: 266Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass
    I really wanted to try 1.4 but although the changelog mentions 14-1-2014, you haven't uploaded it yet right?
    Any ETA?

Seems like a wicked theme you've got going on there!