Welcome to our forums! Please take a few moments to read through our Community Guidelines (also conveniently linked in the header at the top of each page). There, you'll find guidelines on conduct, tips on getting the help you may be searching for, and more!

[SUPPORT] Feedback / Bugs & Suggestions

Comments

• bkurybkury Posts: 390Members ✭✭✭

It's done when it's done! ... just kidding, if nothing goes wrong I'm going to release v1.4 this Sunday, worst case scenario would be Monday/Tuesday.

Night Skin v1.8.6  |  Support Thread  |  Github

OpenWeatherMap Channel  |  Github

OpenPHT  |  Github  |  Development Builds

Please consider to support my work, thank you!

btn_donate_SMgif

• MediaJunkieMediaJunkie Posts: 259Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass
    No worries, glad to hear its around the corner!
  • somethingmooresomethingmoore Posts: 21Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

Hi there,

I'm new to Plex having recently switched from XBMC. This is by far the best skin I've tested on Plex, there seems to be few quality skins out there so thanks for that! But... there's always a but ;) is there anyway to turn off the listwrap on the main menus? I just think it looks messy.

Again top work.

Thanks

J

thanks, there will be no "but's" anymore with v1.4 :-) Wraplist makes sense if you have more content sections, but I can understand that it looks a little bit messy if you have just a few media sections. Anyway, v1.4 will have an option to disable the "loop", and there will also be an "Simple List with no movement or loop" option ...

I'm already preparing the release of v1.4, just some final testing ... (approximately 3-4 hours)

btn_donate_SMgif

That is... BRILLIANT! I'll check back again later then. Thanks again for the top work.

bkury wrote on January 20 2014, 2:21 PM: »

thanks, there will be no "but's" anymore with v1.4 :-) Wraplist makes sense if you have more content sections, but I can understand that it looks a little bit messy if you have just a few media sections. Anyway, v1.4 will have an option to disable the "loop", and there will also be an "Simple List with no movement or loop" option ...

I'm already preparing the release of v1.4, just some final testing ... (approximately 3-4 hours)

edited January 2014

v1.4 is now available ...

(See first post for changelog)

Known Issues:

• Preplay Screen (TV/Episode): Navigating LEFT/RIGHT will also jump to the next/previous episode. This behavior is (sadly) HARD-CODED into the client itself, so please use UP/DOWN to navigate through the menu for now ...
    • Simple List Option is limited to 9 menu items for now, if you have more you end up with misalignments ...

Release Notes:

• Home Menu Addons (BETA): For this feature to work you have to manually enter your plexserver Machine Identifier, just point your browser to your plexserver (e.g. http://localhost:32400) and you will find it on the 3 position (MachineIdentifier="[YOUR_ID]"). I haven't found an automatic solution yet, not sure if there even is one ...
    • Channels: Youtube (NoDeck support yet), Vimeo (full deck), Apple Trailers (full deck), Revision3 (full deck), Shoutcast (full deck) ... you can request additional channels here!

This is the biggest update (in terms of code changes) since initial release, so you (might) find some bugs/problems ... if so, please report it here!

Have Fun!

btn_donate_SMgif

• bblackbblack Posts: 11Members ✭✭
    bkury wrote on January 20 2014, 2:21 PM: »

Awesome!

So far so good, going to move it over to my main box and give a proper test. Simple list works really well and looks really nice and loving being able to change the homescreen background. Top work!

bkury wrote on January 20 2014, 4:38 PM: »

v1.4 is now available ...

(See first post for changelog)

Known Issues:

• Preplay Screen (TV/Episode): Navigating LEFT/RIGHT will also jump to the next/previous episode. This behavior is (sadly) HARD-CODED into the client itself, so please use UP/DOWN to navigate through the menu for now ...
    • Simple List Option is limited to 9 menu items for now, if you have more you end up with misalignments ...

Release Notes:

• Home Menu Addons (BETA): For this Option to work you have to manually enter your plexserver Machine Identifier, just point your browser to your plexserver (e.g. http://localhost:32400) and you will find it on the 3 position (MachineIdentifier="[YOUR_ID]"). I haven't found an automatic solution yet, not sure if there even is one ...
    • Channels: Youtube (NoDeck support yet), Vimeo (full deck), Apple Trailers (full deck), Revision3 (full deck), Shoutcast (full deck) ... you can request additional channels here!

This is the biggest update (in terms of code changes) since initial release, so you (might) find some bugs/problems ... if so, please report it here!

Have Fun!

edited January 2014

I'm not sure if this is me but I don't get any background fan art in the Showcase view for either Tvshows or Movies but it does appear in all the other views. This is happening on both my installs on PHT on Windows 7 and OSX 10.9.

That's because viewmode "showcase" already displays the fanart in the top left corner ... It looks really weird if you use the same fanart image in the background, this is why "showcase" uses a static image. But you always have the option to change the background image yourself via the Viewmode Selection Screen/Options/Custom Image or Slideshow.

If you really want the same fanart in the background I could guide you how to change the code ...

btn_donate_SMgif

• many7695many7695 Posts: 237Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

i just used your skin great job its a great skin. one question, in the future will you be adding home menu addons channels like for me it would letmewatchthis. is one of the channels i personally use the most

My Plex Family
    running plex server on windows 10 HP
    Xbox One 
    IPad Air 2
    Nexus player
    Chromecast
    Appletv 4 currently my favorite
  • zombianzombian Posts: 343Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass
    many7695 wrote:
    i just used your skin great job its a great skin. one question, in the future will you be adding home menu addons channels like for me it would letmewatchthis. is one of the channels i personally use the most

A letmewatchthis home addon would be the ultimate.

A lie can get half way across the world before the truth even gets its shoes on.

yes, home addon feature is completely modular and there is not so much work to do for a new channel ... everything is in one .xml file and easy to update independently from the skin, I will start with your channel requests tomorrow and then release a separate update just for the new channels ...

btn_donate_SMgif

Ah okay I see, I much prefer 2D posters to the 3D posters hence the showcase view but I like fanart too. Think I'd prefer to have fanart as the background instead of in the corner and have a bit more space for show descriptions etc. Other than that I absolutely love it, by far the best skin for Plex and a skin that will stop me reverting to XBMC, good job!

bkury wrote on January 20 2014, 7:13 PM: »

That's because viewmode "showcase" already displays the fanart in the top left corner ... It looks really weird if you use the same fanart image in the background, this is why "showcase" uses a static image. But you always have the option to change the background image yourself via the Viewmode Selection Screen/Options/Custom Image or Slideshow.

If you really want the same fanart in the background I could guide you how to change the code ...

....and just one last question, in the list views should the currently selected item have the colour accent previously picked? currently mine doesn't but I don;t know if that's how it should be. Thanks

somethingmoore wrote on January 20 2014, 7:59 PM: »

....and just one last question, in the list views should the currently selected item have the colour accent previously picked? currently mine doesn't but I don;t know if that's how it should be. Thanks

don't know if I understand you correctly: you want your current selected item have accent color instead of just white? you can enable that in "Skin Settings / General Settings / Navigation Style / Enable Accent Color" ... 

btn_donate_SMgif

That's it, thank you again.

bkury wrote on January 20 2014, 8:09 PM: »

don't know if I understand you correctly: you want your current selected item have accent color instead of just white? you can enable that in "Skin Settings / General Settings / Navigation Style / Enable Accent Color" ... 

• lu_catelli@yahoo.comlu_catelli@yahoo.com Posts: 71Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass
    Hi bkury, great work on your skin! I had asked about this video stuttering I get after 1 or 2 seconds and the video continues playback normally afterwards. After the update it is still happening. Any ideas?
  • OP8OP8 Posts: 116Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

Just tested and found 1 bug, when resuming playback from pause, OSD flashes the default state opacity, after setting it to 0%.

I'll test more after work and report if theres something.

• Rory1Rory1 Posts: 24Members ✭✭
    edited January 2014

Sorry for the poor question. I can't seem to figure out how to turn something back to the old way.

Before when you would select Movies or TV it would give you a list of selecting different options like recently viewed, recently added, all, etc etc etc.

How do I get it back to that?

Now it just goes from movies to what I had it selected last before I updated (Recently added).

Thank you

But thanks for all your work. This is by far my fav skin.