If you have not already, we suggest setting your Plex username to something else rather than email which is displayed on your posts in forum. You can change the username at https://app.plex.tv/desktop#!/account
Welcome to our forums! Please take a few moments to read through our Community Guidelines (also conveniently linked in the header at the top of each page). There, you'll find guidelines on conduct, tips on getting the help you may be searching for, and more!

[SUPPORT] Feedback / Bugs & Suggestions

Comments

• bkurybkury Posts: 392Members ✭✭✭
    SilverLiquid wrote on January 21 2014, 3:35 AM: »

Hi bkury, great work on your skin! I had asked about this video stuttering I get after 1 or 2 seconds and the video continues playback normally afterwards. After the update it is still happening. Any ideas?

hmm, that's weird ... and you don't have this problem when using the default plex skin? have you tried other custom skins? I don't see how a custom skin could affect video playback in the first seconds of playback. Have you double checked your settings? (System/Audio Output and Playback/Advanced Video) ... Options like Sync playback to display, Video Render Method, Hardware Acceleration or wrong audio output settings could cause such a behavior. You can also send me your plexhometheater.log file to take a look at if you want (just restart plex to rotate the logfile, start playback, stop playback) and send it to me ...

OP8 wrote on January 21 2014, 6:36 AM: »

Just tested and found 1 bug, when resuming playback from pause, OSD flashes the default state opacity, after setting it to 0%.

I'll test more after work and report if theres something.

confirmed, thanks for reporting ...

Rory1 wrote on January 21 2014, 7:23 AM: »

Sorry for the poor question. I can't seem to figure out how to turn something back to the old way.

Before when you would select Movies or TV it would give you a list of selecting different options like recently viewed, recently added, all, etc etc etc.

If you want the old pre-filter menu back just go to the skin directory (skin.night/720p) and rename "DialogFilters.xml" to something like "DialogFilters.xml.DISABLED" and restart plex ... after that the pre-filter screen should be back. *PLEASE NOTE*: After renaming you won't be able to use Filter/Sort functions in the viewmode selection screen, although the rest of the skin should still work without problems there is no guarantee that it won't cause some other weird stuff.

Night Skin v1.8.6  |  Support Thread  |  Github

OpenWeatherMap Channel  |  Github

OpenPHT  |  Github  |  Development Builds

Please consider to support my work, thank you!

btn_donate_SMgif

• dlanordlanor Posts: 2,215Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass
    edited January 2014
    Rory1 wrote on January 21 2014, 7:23 AM: »

Sorry for the poor question. I can't seem to figure out how to turn something back to the old way.

Before when you would select Movies or TV it would give you a list of selecting different options like recently viewed, recently added, all, etc etc etc.

How do I get it back to that?

Now it just goes from movies to what I had it selected last before I updated (Recently added).

That is the standard behavior of the new PHT versions, and the new Night skin has been adapted to use that method.
    The various content selection and filtering options are still present, but are accessed in a different way.
    Exactly how you do this varies depending on the viewmode of the current list where you want to do it.
    Generally what you do is to move the highlight cursor to an extreme end of its normal usage, and then go one step further.

In the Night skin this is often done by using DPad in a direction perpendicular to the normal browsing, whereas the default Plex skin instead uses DPad_Left in extreme left position or DPad_Right in extreme right position.

That will open an extra menu, which for the Night skin is usually at the bottom of the screen, and this menu allows you both to change the viewmode (aka: list format) and choose selection and filtering options.

In viewmodes where normal browsing is done by horizontal movement you use DPad_Up or DPad_Down to open the extra menu, and in viewmodes where you normally browse by vertical movement (eg: List mode) you can use DPad_Left or DPad_Right to do it. This is very similar to the new methods of PHT's new default skin, with the exception that it mainly has vertical menus/browsing, so its extra features are always used through DPad_Left (options) or DPad_Right (temporary List mode).

Best regards: dlanor

@bkury:

I've been testing the new v1.4 of the Night skin quite a lot yesterday, and some more again today, and I've found two definite bugs.

1: The Wallpanel viewmode for TV shows is bugged in how exit is made from the season view back to the main show list.

That works fine if you just enter the listing of seasons for a show and then back right out again.

But if you enter any of the show seasons to view its listing of episodes, and then back out again twice, which should return to the main show list with the selected show's fanart in background, instead you end up with just that fanart displayed and nothing else. And if you then back out again you're back in the main menu (as would be correct for doing it from the main show listing).

2: The disabling of watch overlays does not work for several cases where it should in the listings of show seasons. (Varies with viewmodes.)

In addition to those bugs there are also a few features I'd like to request minor changes of:

One of these is the very odd numbering of the accent colours relative to how they are presented in their preview page in a preferences submenu. I really don't see the logic of having color #2 at the top left and color #1 at the bottom right, immediately to the right of color 21. It just makes no sense to me. Of course I can adapt to this numbering scheme (or any other), but why not put the colors in proper order instead ?

Another is the current usage of two separate 'blobs' on a poster to indicate watched status and unwatched count respectively. That makes for a rather ugly result. And this is of course aggravated by the inability to disable the watched status blob for some viewmodes, due to bug #2 described above. I think it would be better to combine the two into a single one, whenever both are active for a list entry, with both blobs disappearing when no unwatched content remains for that entry. In order to give both features a visible presence even when combined the status blob could be made a little larger than the count blob, so that the accent colour shines as a circle around the black blob for the count. That would also ensure better visibility for the count blob when used on a dark poster.

Finally I'm confused by the extremely limited set of viewmodes permitted for custom movie sections (not identified with online metadata).

Actually even the word "viewmodes" exaggerates the number, as the only one I'm permitted to use is "List".

I see no good reason for that limitation, since such a custom section has exactly the same display needs as a normal movie section.

The only difference is that all metadata is provided by the user instead of online service sites.

• somethingmooresomethingmoore Posts: 21Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass
    edited January 2014

Hello again,

Is there anyway of disabling the Wraplists within viewtypes, for instance in in Showcase it will show the seaons wrapped which is a pain if you only have 2 Seasons, it drives the OCD part of me mad :) ?

Thanks J

edited January 2014

1: The Wallpanel viewmode for TV shows is bugged in how exit is made from the season view back to the main show list.

confirmed, typo in visible tag ... fixed.

2: The disabling of watch overlays does not work for several cases where it should in the listings of show seasons. (Varies with viewmodes.)

confirmed, another typo (season instead of seasons) ... fixed.

One of these is the very odd numbering of the accent colours relative to how they are presented in their preview page in a preferences submenu. I really don't see the logic of having color #2 at the top left and color #1 at the bottom right, immediately to the right of color 21. It just makes no sense to me. Of course I can adapt to this numbering scheme (or any other), but why not put the colors in proper order instead ?

There are no numbers on the accent colour preview screen, so I have no idea why somebody would pick a color (e.g. Lime) and count to the position of the word "Lime" instead of just using the colour name "Lime" to change it ... They are ordered alphabetically from left to right (Amber, Brown, Cobalt, [2nd line] Crimson, and so on ...) with the exception of "Default" at the end.

Another is the current usage of two separate 'blobs' on a poster to indicate watched status and unwatched count respectively. That makes for a rather ugly result. And this is of course aggravated by the inability to disable the watched status blob for some viewmodes, due to bug #2 described above. I think it would be better to combine the two into a single one, whenever both are active for a list entry, with both blobs disappearing when no unwatched content remains for that entry. In order to give both features a visible presence even when combined the status blob could be made a little larger than the count blob, so that the accent colour shines as a circle around the black blob for the count. That would also ensure better visibility for the count blob when used on a dark poster.

As you already mentioned, this is because of bug #2 ... normally if you disable watched blob but not count blob you will end up with your preferred result: one count blob ...

Finally I'm confused by the extremely limited set of viewmodes permitted for custom movie sections (not identified with online metadata).
    Actually even the word "viewmodes" exaggerates the number, as the only one I'm permitted to use is "List".

I see no good reason for that limitation, since such a custom section has exactly the same display needs as a normal movie section.
    The only difference is that all metadata is provided by the user instead of online service sites.

This is not a limitation on purpose, this is simply a bug :-) I'm not using a "Home Movie" Section here, so I forgot to support it in the viewmodes list. For now just use the "Next Viewmode" option, which works independently ...

somethingmoore wrote on January 21 2014, 2:20 PM: »

Is there anyway of disabling the Wraplists within viewtypes, for instance in list view where theres only 3 episodes of a show and it repeats 1/2/3 over and over or in Showcase for Seasons when the same happens, it drives the OCD part of me mad :) ?

Thanks J

List View doesn't use wraplists, so this is not true :-) but I see your point for showcase. I haven't revised all the different Viewmodes yet, this is the next thing I want to do which would also include fixing that kind of stuff.

btn_donate_SMgif

• Roy+VisserRoy+Visser Posts: 99Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass
    edited January 2014
    Just updated, really like the new implementation of the filter use, and the fact that you go into a section directory instead of using filters. Small things i have noticed so far, playback stil isn't smooth at start up, feels a bit different then before but it is definitly noticable and choppy.

Also, i really liked the subtlety of the paused tekst in the previous version, yes it was not always readable, but this really stands out and feels a bit cheap, previous version of the font/text was perfect and clean imo!

Going to play with adding a channel to my main menu next :)

Mac Mini (Late 2012) i5 2500mhz 8GB Ram |  OSX 10.8.3

2x Qnap TS410 with 2x3TB WD Red and 2x4TB WD Red | 2x14TB

PMS Version | 0.9.16.6

Open PHT | 1.5.2

Skin | Night V1.8.2

edited January 2014

Yer I realised as I hit post I was on All Seasons and not a specific Season, I did edit the post but obviously not quick enough. Is All Seasons specific to Plex or the skin, is it possible ot hide that?

I have lots of viewtype "suggestion" haha :)

bkury wrote on January 21 2014, 3:14 PM: »

confirmed, typo in visible tag ... fixed.
    confirmed, another typo (season instead of seasons) ... fixed.
    There are no numbers on the accent colour preview screen, so I have no idea why somebody would pick a color (e.g. Lime) and count to the position of the word "Lime" instead of just using the colour name "Lime" to change it ... They are ordered alphabetically from left to right (Amber, Brown, Cobalt, [2nd line] Crimson, and so on ...) with the exception of "Default" at the end.

As you already mentioned, this is because of bug #2 ... normally if you disable watched blob but not count blob you will end up with your preferred result: one count blob ...

This is not a limitation on purpose, this is simply a bug :-) I'm not using a "Home Movie" Section here, so I forgot to support it in the viewmodes list. For now just use the "Next Viewmode" option, which works independently ...

List View doesn't use wraplists, so this is not true :-) but I see your point for showcase. I haven't revised all the different Viewmodes yet, this is the next thing I want to do which would also include fixing that kind of stuff.

Just updated, really like the new implementation of the filter use, and the fact that you go into a section directory instead of using filters. Small things i have noticed so far, playback stil isn't smooth at start up, feels a bit different then before but it is definitly noticable and choppy.

Weird that some of you have this kind of problem ... same questions to you: Does this happen with the default skin and/or with other custom skins? OS? hardware? special (non default) video/audio settings?

Also, i really liked the subtlety of the paused tekst in the previous version, yes it was not always readable, but this really stands out and feels a bit cheap, previous version of the font/text was perfect and clean imo!

This is going to change again with the bugfix release, this font was just some kind of placeholder because I experimented with outlines for better readability. Although the new font will also have an slight outline it will look more like the old one ...

btn_donate_SMgif

edited January 2014
    No problems with the default plex mediastream or plex skin. Your custom skin is the only one i have, no other addons in my plex setup. Running a Mac mini with mountain lion 10.8.3

Only thing i use it for is plex, so the installation is as clean as it can be. Within plex i am using the sync video to screen option (speeds up the content with 0.100 percent so i get smooth playback.)

Havent tried other skins yet, it's about 2 seconds of choppy playback, after which it is silky smooth

PMS Version | 0.9.16.6

Open PHT | 1.5.2

Skin | Night V1.8.2

• lu_catelli@yahoo.comlu_catelli@yahoo.com Posts: 71Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

i have the same issue. i just made a debug log  should i post here or send it to you.

edited January 2014
    bkury wrote on January 21 2014, 3:14 PM: »

There are no numbers on the accent colour preview screen,

No, but the colours are numbered in the submenu "Preferences/Appearance/Advanced/-Colours" where the colour can be changed.

so I have no idea why somebody would pick a color (e.g. Lime) and count to the position of the word "Lime" instead of just using the colour name "Lime" to change it ... They are ordered alphabetically from left to right (Amber, Brown, Cobalt, [2nd line] Crimson, and so on ...) with the exception of "Default" at the end.

Entering a colour name string to set the colour is not possible in that menu. The only way to do it is to step the colour number up or down, one unit per keypress, until reaching the needed colour, and in doing that it does help to know which direction to step in. (Why step 19 times if 2 will do?)

It's not a big deal, I just found it odd that the preview's top left position corresponds to colour #2 and the bottom right position corresponds to colour #1.

re: Two overlay 'blobs'

Yes, but not quite the same way as if they were combined. Because if the poster happens to be dark or even black in the area where the overlay is placed, then the only visible effect is that a white number appears on the poster, its 'blob' being effectively invisible. Combining the status overlay with the count overlay, and having the latter slightly smaller, will ensure a visibility border around it.

This too is no big deal, but just something I would see as a slight improvement.

re: Just one viewmode for custom movie section.

This is not a limitation on purpose, this is simply a bug :-) I'm not using a "Home Movie" Section here, so I forgot to support it in the viewmodes list.

Then I wouldn't call it a bug either, but just incomplete implementation.

Still let me add that in my case it's not a section for real 'Home Movies', but rather a section for all kinds of videos that are not scannable through any of the existing metadata service sites. I move such videos into that section and edit their metadata manually.

I also have a similar 'shows' section for multi-episode material that can't be identified through the metadata sites.
    But fortunately that section already has a good set of viewmodes to choose from.

For now just use the "Next Viewmode" option, which works independently ...

It does work independently, but not for giving access to any of the normal viewmodes.

When I use that command in that section it only allows me to toggle back and forth between the normal "List" mode and another listmode, which simply lists each entry's title in the same font and huge text size as used for the main menu, with no poster or metadata display whatever. When that mode is active the viewmode name is displayed as "Night". It's only in sections that have more viewmodes to choose from that the "Next Viewmode" command can be used to access them.

Still, I assume there will be no problem for you to add proper viewmodes for such sections (same as for normal movies), now that you are aware that they're needed.

I see your points, and I'm going to experiment with them ... thanks for your testing & feedback !

i have the same issue. i just made a debug log should i post here or send it to you.

Please try the following: Rename "skin.night/720p/DialogBusy.xml" to "DialogBusy.xml.DISABLED" restart pht and try again ... Maybe the "Please Wait" animation is interfering with the osx videoplayer. thanks! and yes, just send me your log via PM or copy/paste it to pastebin.com and provide me the link.

btn_donate_SMgif

• lu_catelli@yahoo.comlu_catelli@yahoo.com Posts: 71Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass
    I tried your suggestion but no change. PM with link has been sent.
    alright, got it ... thanks!

btn_donate_SMgif

• zombianzombian Posts: 343Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass
    Have you considered an option to collapse shows with only one season? I love the season views that do the wrap around but they don't exactly look the best if the show only contains one season.

A lie can get half way across the world before the truth even gets its shoes on.

• dizzelkdizzelk Posts: 1Members

Awesome man!  thanks so much!

edited January 2014

Home Addons Update:

Download Now!

• New Channel: LetMeWatchThis
    • Feature: Option to Rename Channels (LetMeWatchThis is just too long :-)

NOTE: You *DON'T* need this update unless you want to use the Home Addon feature with channel "LetMeWatchThis". Please report back if everything is working fine ...

Video Stuttering Issue:

For those of you who have this problem and want to help please rename the following files (just add .DISABLED at the end), restart plex and try again:

DialogBusy.xml

VideoOSD.xml

DialogSeekBar.xml

(after that make sure that there is no "Please Wait" Screen, no Video OSD, no Seekbar)

these are the only files which are getting loaded on playback start, if it's still stuttering after that I'm running out of options :-/

thanks!

btn_donate_SMgif

Hi there,

Just another thing I've noticed and granted it may be down to my own lack of understanding. In TV views you can have say poster view for shows/seasons and list view for information on the episode and the preplay screen seems redundent to a certain extent (at least for me) However in the Movie view using the same psoter view you dont get the information about the movie and the pre play screen is far mor important, disabling preplay seems to do it for both tv and movies. Is this something that can be changed?

J

Tried your suggestions for the stuttering, no succes

if you want to know what it looks like: https://www.dropbox.com/s/8nthhd4kxf24vtt/2014-01-22%2015.11.47.mov (sorry for any neck problems!)

and this is a small visual bug i came upon, only happens in this menu!

https://www.dropbox.com/s/y77y74jjwrfghgc/2014-01-22%2015.10.15.mov (again sorry for any neck problems!)

PMS Version | 0.9.16.6

Open PHT | 1.5.2

Skin | Night V1.8.2

That's the stuttering I've been getting too.