Welcome to our forums! Please take a few moments to read through our Community Guidelines (also conveniently linked in the header at the top of each page). There, you'll find guidelines on conduct, tips on getting the help you may be searching for, and more!

possible to change poster size?

GeoffKennedyGeoffKennedy Members, Plex Pass Posts: 414 Plex Pass

when in Grid and I am looking at the movie posters in the Grid, I find the posters a little too small.

is there a way to say make the row 6 movie posters across instead of 7 so as to bump the size of the posters up a bit?

Tagged:

Best Answer

• roidyroidy Members, Plex Pass Posts: 761 Plex Pass
    edited August 2013 Accepted Answer

is there a way to say make the row 6 movie posters across instead of 7

Sure, in Movie_Grid.xml just change columnCount="7" to columnCount="6".

so as to bump the size of the posters up a bit?

However, unfortunately the <moviePoster> interface item has a fixed size regardless of how many you display across the screen.

What you could do is replace the <moviePoster> and </moviePoster> with <goldenPoster> and </goldenPoster>, however this causes problems with the titles being displayed to low pushing them underneath the poster below it.

Answers

edited August 2013 Accepted Answer

is there a way to say make the row 6 movie posters across instead of 7

Sure, in Movie_Grid.xml just change columnCount="7" to columnCount="6".

so as to bump the size of the posters up a bit?

However, unfortunately the <moviePoster> interface item has a fixed size regardless of how many you display across the screen.

What you could do is replace the <moviePoster> and </moviePoster> with <goldenPoster> and </goldenPoster>, however this causes problems with the titles being displayed to low pushing them underneath the poster below it.
  • GeoffKennedyGeoffKennedy Members, Plex Pass Posts: 414 Plex Pass
    roidy wrote on August 17 2013, 5:01 PM: »

Sure, in Movie_Grid.xml just change columnCount="7" to columnCount="6".However, unfortunately the <moviePoster> interface item has a fixed size regardless of how many you display across the screen.

yay and rats... thanks for letting me know about both sides of my request. are you aware of this being an Apple limitation or part of the design of PlexConnect?

We use Apple's own interface so we have no control of things like size, there is nothing PlexConnect can do about it :(
  • GeoffKennedyGeoffKennedy Members, Plex Pass Posts: 414 Plex Pass
    roidy wrote on August 17 2013, 7:52 PM: »

We use Apple's own interface so we have no control of things like size, there is nothing PlexConnect can do about it :(

I KNEW it couldn't have been your doing. Apple has so much to learn from you guys.

• filipczafilipcza Members Posts: 6 ✭✭

Hi, this is old post so it seems things have changed. I can't find the movie_grid.xml, is there a new place to change this?

• moody_bluemoody_blue Members, Plex Pass, Plex Ninja Posts: 2,525 Plex Ninja

Take a look at PlexConnect/assets/templates and you will find several folders, Movie, TVShow (and probably others) contain a grid.xml file

QNAP TS-253A 4G QTS 4.3.3.0229 + PMS 1.7.4 + QPython2 2.7.12.0 + PlexConnect 0.5-dev-230417

TV Sony KDL-32V2500 (720p) + aTV3 Rev. A firmware 7.2.2 + Denon AVR-1604 A/V Receiver 5.1 + Harmony Touch

Portables 1x iPad4, 2x Android phone, 1x Android tablet, 2x PMP

No support via PM unless requested by me