If you have not already, we suggest setting your Plex username to something else rather than email which is displayed on your posts in forum. You can change the username at https://app.plex.tv/desktop#!/account
Welcome to our forums! Please take a few moments to read through our Community Guidelines (also conveniently linked in the header at the top of each page). There, you'll find guidelines on conduct, tips on getting the help you may be searching for, and more!

Subtitles .srt not show in Plexapp WP8

media.pfjtechnics.nlmedia.pfjtechnics.nl Posts: 25Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

I use the latest version of the public PMS (Version 0.9.7.28)

When i play my PMS content through Plexweb, LG Smart TV and the desktop version of PMC (Windows 7) the subs will be shown as configured.

When i play my content through the Plex App for WP8, no subs are shown.

Is this a common problem on all mobile Plex App's?

I've tried it with .srt, .sub and .smi files with no positive results on my HTC WP8s Plex App.

Are there more users who have problems whit showing subs on the smart phone?

Running PMS on Windows Server 2012R2 x64

Comments

• daniel.llsdaniel.lls Posts: 11Members ✭✭
    I have the same problem with the WP8 app. No subtitles work. They are configured to autoload on the server and they work perfectly in PC browsers. The app description in the store is misleading, it only specifies that pgs subtitles don't work. There's no mention of "no subtitles of any kind".
  • Jaap_van_EkrisJaap_van_Ekris Posts: 377Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass
    Yep, that is a big issue. Unfortunatly the developers have abandoned the app about 1,5 years ago. There are developers working on a new client, so any comforting words towards them would be a good idea (a couple of threads down).

Jaap