We will be performing plex.tv database server maintenance starting 22:00 Pacific Time on Wednesday, June 28 (05:00 GMT, June 29). It is expected to last ~1.5 hours. See http://status.plex.tv/incidents/c1t6djj5vq9r
Welcome to our forums! Please take a few moments to read through our Community Guidelines (also conveniently linked in the header at the top of each page). There, you'll find guidelines on conduct, tips on getting the help you may be searching for, and more!

Music Library - Recently Played

Dhanraj palaniDhanraj palani Members, Plex Pass Posts: 65 Plex Pass
Is it possible to have a recently played section in music library like we have recently viewed for movies.

Comments

• pruitt62pruitt62 Members, Plex Pass Posts: 464 Plex Pass
    edited October 2013

I asked for this recently in the PlexPass Request forum. No one else has voted for it yet so far, so apparently we may be the only two Plex Users who want it. lol...

http://forums.plexapp.com/index.php/topic/82840-feature-request-include-music-files-in-now-playing/

• Dhanraj palaniDhanraj palani Members, Plex Pass Posts: 65 Plex Pass
    I am not even sure if this is possible (supported by PMS)
  • pruitt62pruitt62 Members, Plex Pass Posts: 464 Plex Pass

That is correct. The functionality to do this does not currently exist and would need to be added to PMS. That is why I made the Feature Request in the Request forum, so they'd consider adding the ability to do it.

• Dhanraj palaniDhanraj palani Members, Plex Pass Posts: 65 Plex Pass
    I just had a quick look at the database (sqllite) and found that all the information (recently played songs by me) is logged in the DB. It is just a matter of throwing this information to the client to display.
  • yoavsapiryoavsapir Members Posts: 17 ✭✭

This would be a great feature.

• masada3502masada3502 Members, Plex Pass Posts: 2 Plex Pass

please i need to see my recently played music i play remotely from my phone on my server at home...there are times when i run across a song i didnt know i had .when i go home i cant find the song.a recently played remotely would be of great benefit to me.

• beckfieldbeckfield Members, Plex Pass Posts: 3,494 Plex Pass

For recent posters, please be aware that you are posting in a forum for a discontinued product. The Plex Classic for Roku app is no longer being developed. Please see the current Plex for Roku app, which has a feature to show recently-played items.