If you have not already, we suggest setting your Plex username to something else rather than email which is displayed on your posts in forum. You can change the username at https://app.plex.tv/desktop#!/account
Welcome to our forums! Please take a few moments to read through our Community Guidelines (also conveniently linked in the header at the top of each page). There, you'll find guidelines on conduct, tips on getting the help you may be searching for, and more!

[REL] Extended Personal Media Shows Agent

mjarendsmjarends Posts: 177Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass
See the documentation here for more details on this metadata agent

https://bitbucket.org/mjarends/extendedpersonalmedia-agent.bundle

Change Log:

4/4/2015: Updated plug-in to fix issue with plug-in using the wrong parsed meta data within Plex due to the multi-threading of the metadata agents

5/29/2015: Added support for the following formats:

• \Show Title - s2012e09 - 2015-12-31 - Episode Title.mp4
  • \Show Title - s2012e09 - 12-31-2015 - Episode Title.mp4
  • Show Title\s2012e09 - 2015-12-31 - Episode Title.mp4
  • Show Title\s2012e09 - 12-31-2015 - Episode Title.mp4
  • Show Title\s2015\e09 - 2015-12-31 - Episode Title.mp4
  • Show Title\s2015\e09 - 12-31-2015 - Episode Title.mp4
  • Show Title\e09 - 2015-12-31 - Episode Title.mp4
  • Show Title\e09 - 12-31-2015 - Episode Title.mp4
1/6/2016: Added support for two digit episode index numbers in date-based episodes (ex: \Show Title - s2012e09 - 2015-12-31_25 - Episode Title.mp4. (NOTE: Updating the plug-in and rescanning your library will result in new episode numbers being created)

2/28/2016: Added support for show .summary files

2/29/2016: Fixed issue with 2/28/2016 release. Added support for show.summary file format. Added preferences to enabled/disable debug logging within the plugin.

1/5/2017: Fixed bug with Personal Media Shows Agent where it wouldn't pick up .summary files and go into an infinite loop while traversing paths due to the bug with double / and never finding root directory. Thanks @m3ki

6/29/2017: Added an option to use the episode media file's last modified timestamp as the release date in Plex. See the Extended Personal Media Shows Settings page and enable/disable the "Use last modified timestamp for episodes" option.

8/22/2017: Added support for the following features:

• Added support for scrubbing/replacing characters within the episode title. See the plugin configuration page in Plex.
  • Added support for show metadata INI file. See the plugin README.md for more details.
  • Added support for changing the summary file extension name. See the plugin configuration page in Plex.
  • Added support for changing the metadata file extension name. See the plugin configuration page in Plex.
  • Added support for using Lesson as Season keyword

Comments

• mjarendsmjarends Posts: 177Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

I have a question for other developers. How do you set the way in which the date based episodes are sorted within a season? I have tried setting the index and absolute_index values on the Episode metadata object and neither has resulted in the episodes being sorted differently. The reason that I am asking is that date based episodes in Plex (both the web and Android clients) are sorted according to their name and not by their episode number (which is the date). Do you need to create a scanner that handles the date based episodes differently?

• mrbiggmdmrbiggmd Posts: 10Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

Interested in getting this to work for my Sports files.

Structure

/Sports
         /NFL
              /2013
                   NFL - 2013-10-13 - Saints Vs Patriots.mkv
                   NFL - 2013-10-20 - Broncos Vs Colts.mkv
                   NFL - 2013-10-20 - Patriots Vs Jets.mkv

Here is my result in PLEX after the scan.

[attachment=20812:folder.jpg]

The program does not appear to enter the TV_DATE_REGEX or the TV_EPISODE_REGEX sections.  Based on naming it should enter the TV_DATE_REGEX section.

I would expect the game title (after the date ex. Saints Vs Patriots) to be the title of the episode.

Log file attached.  Any ideas?

Thank you.

There was an actually an issue with the previous code that required the name to appear exactly like it did in the original post. I have updated the plug-in to handle all of the different alternative naming conventions that Plex supports. Please update your plugin and let me know what you find.

Just so you know the actual names of your files were:

Sports\NCAA Football\2013\NCAA Football.2013.09.14.OSU.Vs.California.mp4

The original plug-in was failing to match because of the periods. The original plug-in code expected the files names to use spaces and dashes for separating the different parts of the file name.

mjarends wrote on October 25 2013, 1:30 PM: »

There was an actually an issue with the previous code that required the name to appear exactly like it did in the original post. I have updated the plug-in to handle all of the different alternative naming conventions that Plex supports. Please update your plugin and let me know what you find.

Just so you know the actual names of your files were:

Sports\NCAA Football\2013\NCAA Football.2013.09.14.OSU.Vs.California.mp4

The original plug-in was failing to match because of the periods. The original plug-in code expected the files names to use spaces and dashes for separating the different parts of the file name.

Thanks for the response.

I updated the agent and scanned the files, and I appear to get the same result.

The title of each video is marked as the date, not the title of the game (e.g. Saints Vs Patriots)  Log Attached.

[attachment=20937:plex.png]

After you did the update did you restart your Plex server? According to the logs you are still using the old version of the plugin.

mjarends wrote on October 27 2013, 3:14 PM: »

After you did the update did you restart your Plex server? According to the logs you are still using the old version of the plugin.

I shut down PLEX removed the files from the plug-in directory and then downloaded the files again from the OP and restarted PLEX and recreated the section.

Still the same result.

Thaks for your help.

Can you post the log again? Thanks.

mjarends wrote on October 27 2013, 5:33 PM: »

Can you post the log again? Thanks.

Attached.  Thanks.

The log file is showing that you still have the old version of the plugin running. Once you get the new plugin installed I'm confident it will work for you because I tested your file names.

Can you try removing the section in Plex and stopping the server. Once the server is stopped, remove the plugin directory and then follow the instructions from the OP for installing the plugin.

I tried again following your directions and no luck. Can you tell me what prints in the log to indicate the version number?

I compared the regex code I downloaded to your source and it appears the changes you made are reflected in the source.

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

OK I found one last issue. The regular expressions were expecting the network path to be UNC. You are using static paths. I have updated the regular expression to work in all cases. Please update the plugin and let me know how it works for you.

mjarends wrote on October 28 2013, 12:46 AM: »

OK I found one last issue. The regular expressions were expecting the network path to be UNC. You are using static paths. I have updated the regular expression to work in all cases. Please update the plugin and let me know how it works for you.

Awesome!!!  It worked.  Thanks.

• MaximeMaxime Posts: 28Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass
    edited October 2013

Hi, I did all you said and Followed Mrbiggmd steps but I can't get any text appear on plex, only dates...

Structure:

/Home Videos
         /Allemont
              /2010
                   Allemont - 1985-08-08 - Enfance.mp4
                   Allemont - 1985-08-08 - Enfance Suite.mp4

here is the log file:

https://www.stcherbatcheff.com:5001/fbsharing/3dlGxfqu

Thanks a lot for your help

xema wrote on October 28 2013, 5:18 PM: »

Hi, I did all you said and Followed Mrbiggmd steps but I can't get any text appear on plex, only dates...

Structure:

/Home Videos
         /Allemont
              /2010
                   Allemont - 1985-08-08 - Enfance.mp4
                   Allemont - 1985-08-08 - Enfance Suite.mp4

here is the log file:

https://www.stcherbatcheff.com:5001/fbsharing/3dlGxfqu

Thanks a lot for your help

I'm unable to get the log file from the provided link. Can you please attach the log file so that I can take a look. Thanks.

Sorry my server doesn't seem to allow some links...

Here:

Thanks for the log. There was an issue with the path separator (I had only tested on a Windows system). Please update your plug-in and refresh your metadata. Let me know if it works.

Thx but what do you mean by updating the plug-in, isn't the link of your first post the last version? I downloaded it today.

I have updated the source code that is referenced in the original post.

To update you will need to stop your Plex server, deleted the old plugin and then follow the instructions from the original post to re-download the plugin and install it within Plex. After you restart your server you should be able to refresh the metadata for you section that uses the plugin.

Thanks, it's almost there.

Here's what I get:

For instance with the movie Allemont - 1985-08-08 - Enfance.mp4 I get "08/08 Enfance" as main title as well as the summary when I go to the edit screen. The release date is still 1985-08-08. This result is "Enfance" as expected when I uncheck the plug-in option.

Question: If I change the file name, will it update both title and summary and replace a manual written summary?

The expected result would be "08/08/1985 Enfance", is that how you expect it too or is the year logically wiped out because we're in the 1985 section?

Furthermore, when I add a space for a second movie after Enfance: example: "Enfance sequel", it doesn't show the word after the space.

Those are all good questions:

1. If you are using a date based media file and you check the "Include date in title" option then name will be MM/DD Episode title from the file (for example: 08/08 Enfance). If you uncheck the option the episode title will be Enfance. I am thinking about changing the plugin to allow a user to specify a naming standard for episode titles. Let me know if this would be useful.
    2. As of right now the summary is just the episode title. I will test updating of a manual written summary and let you know. For my personal needs I don't ever specify a summary. I had thought about enhancing the plugin to look for a filename-summary.txt file in the same direct as the media file to use in loading the summary in Plex. Let me know if this would be useful.
    3. You should be able to add spaces, periods, etc after Enfance. My files are all multi-word titles and I haven't had any issues. Maybe you could provide me the exact file name for testing purposes.