If you have not already, we suggest setting your Plex username to something else rather than email which is displayed on your posts in forum. You can change the username at https://app.plex.tv/desktop#!/account
Welcome to our forums! Please take a few moments to read through our Community Guidelines (also conveniently linked in the header at the top of each page). There, you'll find guidelines on conduct, tips on getting the help you may be searching for, and more!

[REL] Extended Personal Media Shows Agent

Comments

• FranzStoffelFranzStoffel Posts: 33Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

You are a Champion!!!!

Now it is all working fine on my end in regards to the subtitles.

• mjarendsmjarends Posts: 190Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass
    FranzStoffel wrote on November 1 2013, 11:24 PM: »

You are a Champion!!!!

Now it is all working fine on my end in regards to the subtitles.

Excellent. Thanks for the feedback.

• robertsonkrobertsonk Posts: 31Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

Hi

Sorry if I am being really stupid, but I am trying to organise some of my Fitness videos and I am just unable to get the filenames to be anything other than Episode 1, Episode 2 etc etc.

I have an exercise type "TRX" which I am treating as the equivilant of "Xmas" in the standard naming convention definitions, then I have sub folders for season 1 (01) and season 2 (02), my files are then names TRX - S01E01 - Text.m4v

See the attached screen grabs, hopefully they explain slightly better :-)

Am I misunderstanding how this works?

Thanks

Kevin

robertsonk wrote on November 9 2013, 7:15 PM: »

Hi

Sorry if I am being really stupid, but I am trying to organise some of my Fitness videos and I am just unable to get the filenames to be anything other than Episode 1, Episode 2 etc etc.

I have an exercise type "TRX" which I am treating as the equivilant of "Xmas" in the standard naming convention definitions, then I have sub folders for season 1 (01) and season 2 (02), my files are then names TRX - S01E01 - Text.m4v

See the attached screen grabs, hopefully they explain slightly better :-)

Am I misunderstanding how this works?

Thanks

Kevin

Hey Kevin,

The issue is with your season folder name and season name. The plugin is expecting it to be in a four digit year format (sXXXX).

mjarends wrote on November 9 2013, 7:27 PM: »

Hey Kevin,

The issue is with your season folder name and season name. The plugin is expecting it to be in a four digit year format (sXXXX).

So do I set the season folders to have a YYYY format or can it be 0001 and 0002.

Presumably the folder and all the filenames within need to have this same four digit layout?

Thanks

Kevin

robertsonk wrote on November 9 2013, 7:47 PM: »

So do I set the season folders to have a YYYY format or can it be 0001 and 0002.

Presumably the folder and all the filenames within need to have this same four digit layout?

Thanks

Kevin

Ive tried both 0001 and 2001as options and then performed a deep scan refresh each time, and still the same problem.

See latest screenshots.

Sorry for not getting it !

Thanks

Kevin

Your folder structure looks correct now. You could choose to number either way as long as it's four digits. I will update my plugin to take in all formats instead. I'll update this thread when that issue has been resolved.

As far as the episode title being reflected in the web application - have you tried refreshing the episode screen? I have seen the Plex web application not update the episode titles until a refresh has been performed. Another way to check is to go into the episode edit screen. The new episode name will also be displayed there. Also if you attach the plug-in log I will be able to see if the title is being matched.

I actually just tried a 1, 2 ,3 and 4 digit season and all of them work correctly with the plugin. Please send me the log so that I can seen the complete file path that was matched.

mjarends wrote on November 9 2013, 8:17 PM: »

I actually just tried a 1, 2 ,3 and 4 digit season and all of them work correctly with the plugin. Please send me the log so that I can seen the complete file path that was matched.

Silly question, but how/where do I obtain the log?

Thanks

I'm not as familiar with Mac but it should be here: 

~/Library/Application Support/Plex Media Server/Logs/PMS Plugin Logs/com.arendshome.plex.agents.personalmedia.log

mjarends wrote on November 9 2013, 8:41 PM: »

I'm not as familiar with Mac but it should be here: 

~/Library/Application Support/Plex Media Server/Logs/PMS Plugin Logs/com.arendshome.plex.agents.personalmedia.log

Hopefully this log is the correct one. 

I have also tried refreshing the episode in Plex and looked at the "edit" episode info, and it continues to just say Episode 1.

fingers crossed the log will shed some light on it.

Many thanks for your help on this, if I can get this to work it will totally revolutionise how I store my videos.

Thanks

Kevin

Thanks for the log. It was an issue with the S and E being upper-case. I have fixed the issue in the plug-in. You will need to re-download the plug-in and then update your local copy of it. After that you will need to restart your server and then re-scan the files. Let me know if you have any questions.

mjarends wrote on November 9 2013, 9:15 PM: »

Thanks for the log. It was an issue with the S and E being upper-case. I have fixed the issue in the plug-in. You will need to re-download the plug-in and then update your local copy of it. After that you will need to restart your server and then re-scan the files. Let me know if you have any questions.

Thanks, I have downloaded what I think was the updated version of the plugin relaunched the Plex media server and refreshed the folder, but still the same result unfortunately.

Log is attached.

Thanks

Kevin

The new issue was actually something totally different. I had implemented some code to correctly format a date based on location of the Plex user. It was actually causing an issue when trying to create the title on your system. I have removed the code for the time being. Please update your plug-in and refresh your section in Plex.

mjarends wrote on November 10 2013, 12:01 AM: »

The new issue was actually something totally different. I had implemented some code to correctly format a date based on location of the Plex user. It was actually causing an issue when trying to create the title on your system. I have removed the code for the time being. Please update your plug-in and refresh your section in Plex.

Awesome, I deleted the library folder after downloading the new plugin and recreated; all seems to now be working great.

One question, do you think the sub-folder methodology still needs to be between 1 and 4 digits long i.e.: 01 or 002 or 2013 or would it be possible for folders and their season "s" contents to be free text like "Into" or "Chapter 1"

What you have done here is brilliant, thanks for all your effort.

Cheers

Kevin

UK

As of right now you need to follow the Plex naming convention which is to use sXXXX. In order to use a different folder naming strategy you would need to use a custom Scanner plugin. Tell me what you are thinking and I might be able to create one.

mjarends wrote on November 10 2013, 12:01 AM: »

Thanks.

I have a number of training type video collections e.g.: Guitar lessons or Photography training lessons, and I guess it would be nice if the seasons/folders/chapters could be more descriptive. Each of the folders i.e.: Chapters will have a summary title that explains the main subject matter and it will then have a number of instructional episodes within.

The attached screen grab is an example where I have tried to add a numerical prefix in front of the chapter/folder names to give them the correct order, I am not sure if this would be the best way to do it or not.

Let me know what you think.

Thanks again.

Kevin

Essentially what you want to do is name the seasons from the files. This is a good idea. I need to take a look at a couple of things and I'll get back to you on how long it will take.

Sent from my ADR6410LVW using Tapatalk

mjarends wrote on November 10 2013, 3:28 PM: »

Essentially what you want to do is name the seasons from the files. This is a good idea. I need to take a look at a couple of things and I'll get back to you on how long it will take.

Thanks

mjarends wrote on November 10 2013, 3:28 PM: »

When you say name the seasons from the files, are you thinking of including the season name in the files or do you mean name the season based on the enclosing folder names which would be ideal?

Thanks

Kevin